Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Actors falling to their deaths or spawning under paths

As I was playing I noticed random NPCs were disappearing. I didn't give it much thought but there weren't any random attacks as I was too low of a level for the dragon born or dawngaurd quests to start.

After playing around with vanilla, I started noticing NPCs in whiterun may get stuck under the paths at the market. Its pretty random and I've caught it a few times when making a brand new character each time.

Another thing I picked up on us sometimes they'll spawn in the air. They don't fall until they move or I get close to them.

Anyhow, I'll try to provide screenshots but its pretty random.

Haha why did you call them actors?

They're called "Actors" in the Creation Kit/Construction Kit. It's why CK scripts and console cheats mentions Actors in their names like "SetActorValue" -- you're setting the stat of an actor.

Oh ok, my bad. Never used the creation kit before so you can imagine my confusion.

Been having this exact same issue! Would walk into a city to find the random guard dead without any clue as to how they ended up dead. It wasn't due to a vampire attack or dragon was too low level at the time. Then Eorlund Gray-Mane ended up dead under mysterious circumstances.

Rode up to Solitude for the first time and I had people already crying about dead love ones....and I just got there!

Should be noted this isn't a specific issue with this beta either. This has been ongoing since the initial launch but most people have only been noticing it more recently because it takes awhile to realize NPCs are dying in this manner. I suspect the meshes for the cities simply aren't loading quick enough and that's why NPCs end up falling through. In places where the landscape is significantly lower than where the meshes are placed, this means NPCs fall either to their deaths on hard rock, or they land in water thousands of units below where they belong and can't get out because there's no navmesh down there.