Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Why is Wolfenstein II: T.N.C is blocked in Israel?

Hi,

As a gamer who lives in Israel, a proud Jew and a ancestor of Holocaust survivors and I really can not understand why is this would-be-awesome game is blocked in Israel.

Unlike Germany, we have no rules against [censored] signs or violent video games, we barely have any game industry at all, but we do like to play video games.

Although the last 2 Wolfenstein games were blocked in Israel so I could only play it using VPN. Now Steam detects VPNs so I can't play any game that require me to be outside of Israel.

I don't care if the local distributor wouldn't distribute it, I just want to play it as a normal man via Steam and the game's store page won't jump to the main store page.

I'll ask again, why do you choose to not let me play it???

@SuperJochman I honestly don't know what too tell you! Other then you spending more then you need to to come to the U.S. and play the game! I think the one thing that would unite the gaming world is if universal national laws didn't activate erasure protocols of malignant data output! 

@SuperJochman I, too, live in Israel. The New Order was blocked as well, but The Old Blood was not. It's really a shame and annoys me as well. I personally will be attempting to import a copy from Europe to play on my PS4, because it seems that without the use of piracy (Which I really dislike), we can't play it on PC.

@superjochman said:

Hi,
As a gamer who lives in Israel, a proud Jew and a ancestor of Holocaust survivors and I really can not understand why is this would-be-awesome game is blocked in Israel.
Unlike Germany, we have no rules against [censored] signs or violent video games, we barely have any game industry at all, but we do like to play video games.
Although the last 2 Wolfenstein games were blocked in Israel so I could only play it using VPN. Now Steam detects VPNs so I can't play any game that require me to be outside of Israel.
I don't care if the local distributor wouldn't distribute it, I just want to play it as a normal man via Steam and the game's store page won't jump to the main store page.
I'll ask again, why do you choose to not let me play it???

Are you a time traveller, or did you mean descendant?   ;)

I'm not sure why the game would be blocked in Israel, but I hope you find a way to play it! The Jews, more than anyone, deserve a chance to kill some [censored]!

Sounds weird to me. You'd think a Jewish state would love a game where the main protagonist is of Jewish descent, and who kills hundreds upon hundreds of evil [censored].

@nalex66 said:

Are you a time traveller, or did you mean descendant?  

Yeah, I'm a time traveler without any answers, yet.

@OkinoOsaka if you can supply me a green card \ nice job, I'm in forever.