Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Fallout 4 Mod Support (Xbox One)

What do I do if I am having trouble accessing Mods in game from the Bethesda.net login?

We've just added troubleshooting steps to our help site, and are including them below.

General Troubleshooting

• Try using [SHIFT] instead of [CAPS LOCK] when entering capitalized letters.
  • Verify username and password details by signing in to your Bethesda.net account here.
    • If you have forgotten your Username, select Forgot Username from the sign in page.
    • If you have forgotten your password, select Forgot Password from the sign in page.
  • If you are connected to the internet via wireless, try switching to a wired connection and see if there is any improvement.
  • Reboot your home network by turning off your modem and / or router.
    • To ensure a hard reset, we recommend you unplug your modem's or router's power connections and wait a few minutes before plugging them back in and turning the device back on.
  • If you were able to previously link your game to your Bethesda.net account, you can try unlinking and then re-linking your accounts:
  1. Sign into Bethesda.net here and click Linked Accounts.
  2. Click the Unlink button under the "Steam", "Xbox", or "PlayStation" section to unlink your accounts.
  3. Open the game and attempt to access Mods again. You will need to re-enter your Bethesda.net account details.

Console Troubleshooting

If playing on console (Xbox One or PlayStation 4) you can also try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Check the service status page to see if there is a platform outage:
  • Run a network connection test:
    • Xbox One instructions can be found here.
    • PlayStation 4 instructions can be found here.
  • Open the following ports on your router to ensure you have a good connection
    • Xbox Live Ports
      • TCP: 80
      • TCP: 443
      • UDP and TCP: 3478
      • UDP and TCP: 3479
      • UDP: 3480
    • PlayStation Network Ports
      • TCP: 443
      • UDP and TCP: 3478
      • UDP and TCP: 3479
      • UDP: 3480

Assistant Director, Community Lead @ Bethesda Softworks

bethesda.net | @bethesda | @gstaffinfection

How do delete Mods on Xbox One if you cannot load the game

1. Press the Xbox button to return Home
  2. Navigate to the bottom of the Home menu and select the "My Games & Apps" app
  3. In the "Games" category, highlight the Fallout 4 app
  4. Press the Menu (Start) button and select the "Manage Game" option
  5. Navigate to the right where the "Saved Data" list is, and highlight "Reserved Space"
  6. Press the Menu (Start) button and select the "Clear reserved space" option
  7. If the reserved space fails to clear, hard reset the console and retry steps 1-6

What do I do if Fallout 4 is stuck on the loading screen or won’t start after downloading and activating many mods?

If you are having issues loading or starting the game after activating a large number of mods, you should clear all mod on your Xbox One by clearing the Reserved Space under the “Manage Game” option for the title.

Avoid downloading too many new mods all at once (any more than 10+ is at risk, the more mods the more risk).

Why are some Fallout 4 mods still appearing in my Load Order after I deleted them?

If this occurs, you should restart the game and attempt to delete the mod again. If on Xbox One, all mod data can be manually cleared by deleting data in the Reserved Space under the “Manage Game” option for the title. Avoid “DeleteAll” while mods are still downloading.

How do I go back to saves not impacted by Mods?

1. From the Mods section of the main menu, disable any Mods that are currently active.
  2. Switch your player profile to a profile that has saves without an [M] OR
  3. Start a new game

The mod limits implemented this week to Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition has been put in place based on our internal testing for stability to the game. With the new caps, some players will not be able to reach the full storage limit for mods, but the additional storage capacity will allow for you to have larger mods within the 150/100 cap. This is a starting point, and it may be adjusted.

The new cap does not impact your library, just how many mods you can have running at one time. Individual mods can be disabled in your library to make room, and will be waiting there if you want to reconfigure your mods later.

We understand this is a frustration point for all of you. Like all of you, we’re still new to the process of allowing mods on consoles and working on ways to improve the experience over time. We will be continuing to update both Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition with new updates pertaining to mods, and if we’re able to address these concerns, we will provide information through future release notes.