Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Does anyone need a female voice/voiceover?

Hi everyone,

I've just bought all the kit for VO work and thought I'd post to see if anyone needs any voices for mods. I'm happy to do it in exchange for the experience!

I'm not a voice actor as such (eg unlikely to manage a Khajit), but I'm happy to have a go at anything. My crazy world can be found at www.youtube.com/GameplayJenny.

Jenny.

We definitely do for Oblivion and Skyrim if you're interested in the other games in the series.

I also think you have a better chance with the newer TES games. There are very limited voice-over options for morrowind since it's kind of breaking immersion. On the other hand. You might try to make a general voice over for custom races from some mods?

Why do you think it's an immersion break?

@nightstrike said:

There have been several mods with voice acting during dialogue, like in the later TES games, which is pretty immersion breaking when all other NPC's in  the game don't have voices added to their dialogue. The only voice-acting I really consider immersive are the ones that add voice-greetings to newly added races for example (or maybe for adding a creepy voice to Creeper?) I can't really think of other uses for actual voice acting in MW, except maybe for creatures like the Almsivi, Dagoth Ur or Yagrum Bagarn.

Yes, I have a specific requirement for a mod I'm working on. I expected I would have to use a digitized voice which would be male, or at best non-gender.

I am working on a mod to replace the Great House vaults in Vivec. The Telvanni vault uses a creature named Nergel who is a demi-god, the mother of all scamps, who has been enslaved by the Telvanni to act as a gate keeper for their vault. To loot the vault the player must befriend Nergel, feed her to make her stronger, and then agree to a quest to retrieve her heart that has been stolen by the Telvanni. On completing the quest the door to the vault is opened, but Nergel betrays the player and trys to kill them.

Three voices are needed. A child-like idiot voice while Nergel decides if they will befriend or eat the player. An adult voice when Nergel is stronger and explains the quest to the player. Finally, a god-like voice once Nergel has it's heart, and then considers all mortals as irrelevant. For the god-like voice I will have to use a lot of digital enhancement. My idea is to use short introductory voice sequences accompanied by longer text dialogue. Voice examples are "Nergel hungry, hungry!", "Listen carefully hero", "Children, kill the mortal!".

I am glad to hear from your site that you have an English rather than American accent as the female voice is more resonant and easier to manipulate with filters. I will be using pitch change and distortion to get what I want. Sorry, but the final voice may not sound much like your real voice.

I have most of the elements of the Telvanni and Redoran mods completed but I cannot say when it will be released. If you are still interested let me know.

Gruntella

I've sent messages - thanks everyone!

@gruntella said:

Yes, I have a specific requirement for a mod I'm working on. I expected I would have to use a digitized voice which would be male, or at best non-gender.
I am working on a mod to replace the Great House vaults in Vivec. The Telvanni vault uses a creature named Nergel who is a demi-god, the mother of all scamps, who has been enslaved by the Telvanni to act as a gate keeper for their vault. To loot the vault the player must befriend Nergel, feed her to make her stronger, and then agree to a quest to retrieve her heart that has been stolen by the Telvanni. On completing the quest the door to the vault is opened, but Nergel betrays the player and trys to kill them.
Three voices are needed. A child-like idiot voice while Nergel decides if they will befriend or eat the player. An adult voice when Nergel is stronger and explains the quest to the player. Finally, a god-like voice once Nergel has it's heart, and then considers all mortals as irrelevant. For the god-like voice I will have to use a lot of digital enhancement. My idea is to use short introductory voice sequences accompanied by longer text dialogue. Voice examples are "Nergel hungry, hungry!", "Listen carefully hero", "Children, kill the mortal!".
I am glad to hear from your site that you have an English rather than American accent as the female voice is more resonant and easier to manipulate with filters. I will be using pitch change and distortion to get what I want. Sorry, but the final voice may not sound much like your real voice.
I have most of the elements of the Telvanni and Redoran mods completed but I cannot say when it will be released. If you are still interested let me know.
Gruntella

Dude, that's an awesome idea for a mod!  I can't wait to see the final product!

upload your voice over for morrowind to youtube an link it hear. I can make a voice mod for this game.I have not tried other mods that did this yet.

@zobator said:

@nightstrike said:

There have been several mods with voice acting during dialogue, like in the later TES games, which is pretty immersion breaking when all other NPC's in  the game don't have voices added to their dialogue. The only voice-acting I really consider immersive are the ones that add voice-greetings to newly added races for example (or maybe for adding a creepy voice to Creeper?) I can't really think of other uses for actual voice acting in MW, except maybe for creatures like the Almsivi, Dagoth Ur or Yagrum Bagarn.

Voice acting for Morrowind wouldn't be immersion breaking if done correctly. For example, the dark elves on mainland Morrowind should not have the raspy voice because they are not near the ash on Vvardenfell (unless they traveled from Vvardenfell to the mainland). Also, every dark elf having the same voice is rather immersion breaking. If done with the right tone and right context, voice mods for Morrowind would add greatly to the immersion of the game, especially for mods like Tamriel Rebuilt and Project Tamriel, which adds the provinces Cyrodiil and Skyrim.