Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

The Institute Gin and Tonic Bar.


Log in to reply

So as I was thinking The Fallout 4 Coffee Lounge did rather well in General I thought let's put up Faction Bars

For those who have a strong preference for one Faction or the other purely because some people just want to chill out and talk not argue about which Faction is best

I'm thinking the point of these Bars is to answer questions of these Factions quest line and help needed etc... So Spoilers Incoming

What people think the future of these Factions will be? for those who have played previous Fallout Games to also discuss ?

The Bars are mainly targeting the F4 crowd so I won't put up previous Faction Bars:



So Welcome to  : The Institute G&T Bar

THERE IS ONE RULE   : No Inflaming Remarks About The Other Faction's Those are for The All Faction's Threads

My query what can I do to make  My Institute not so bright and I'm pretty sure I need better tree's ?

17/08/17 EDIT :  These Bars Are For Supporters &  Faction Neutral Individuals This Edit Will Be Placed On All Just In Case .


For me to be summoned : 5 black candles, a note with @Ghostsec34 written in blood, Wormwood: Used for summoning spirits and to help them manifest. Please be mindful my harem of men on this other side tend to distract me I may take longer than usual .


Log in to reply

Gin and Tonic Bar = Classy as [censored]. I like this idea already. 


Now on to the hard hitting discussions for Institute peeps. Yeah that's right: we're talking INSTITUTE FASHION baby. The clothes make the man (or woman) so which labcoat is YOU?

Robotics is what my current character is going with, but I love good ol' Facilities too. 

Cait, on the other hand, is definitely SRB:


Log in to reply

@Andronicus said:

Classy as [censored]. I like this idea already.

 Lets hope it works as well as the Coffee Lounge ☺

Cheers😎


For me to be summoned : 5 black candles, a note with @Ghostsec34 written in blood, Wormwood: Used for summoning spirits and to help them manifest. Please be mindful my harem of men on this other side tend to distract me I may take longer than usual .


Log in to reply

@Andronicus said:



Now on to the hard hitting discussions for Institute peeps. Yeah that's right: we're talking INSTITUTE FASHION baby. The clothes make the man (or woman) so which labcoat is YOU?

Robotics is what my current character is going with, but I love good ol' Facilities too. 
Cait, on the other hand, is definitely SRB:

 Advanced systems blue for my Institute Director:

Robotics Orange for Curie:

Curie needs her own division - Medical sciences.


Log in to reply

My institute is not bright white, and is currently going trough some renovation works. But IRL getting constantly on the way has made me slow.  But here's some whats brewing.  (Images are still from WIPs though)

1. I did use Bethesda's UHD textures to recolor whole place using shades of gray. And a bit of black. Idea came from Evil Institute mod, but there were aspects I did not like in there. Like using  "all black" colouring method that was probably quick way to colour things, but  did not quite follow my tastes.   


2. I wanted to make the place more alive. Not hospital alike, boring and sterile or something that someone said it would be, but real breathing community.  So I have been adding a little 'life' and clutter to places like diner  - hey books, and research notes are common sight, right ? Made Medbay more medical with more gadgets, gurneys and  resources to be used on my character - like spare blood packs and  the vials with the junk he injects on me, when curing my illnesses and diseases. And  time-off area got smoking corner, some music, and  someone has been reading comic books!  Pristine condition comic books even!  And Directors quarters gets special touch, and in general this will be like any other settlement where my character can hang out.  And 100 other small things.  Oh and yes it will have working coffee machine. or well kind of ...  working coffee machine. Something my character really needs as much as I do. 


3. i wanted NPCs be more ... my kind. So Rosalind will get blue hair and raider hairstyle, because she is a bit crazy! Patriot will dress up like a teen, smooth teen with a ponytail and little tinkers like that. And Coursers get my touch too. i am very touchy, what can i say!  I did have  clothing things altered for synths too, but then found that I will use latest version of CAST anyway on my game, so I can skip that, and I shelved that work  and will modify cast not to use synth helmets inside CIT. I want to look at those gen 2s eyes, they fluffy. 

4. Prydwen will get new location over CIT, thanks to the discussions other thread, eventually doing MQ will get repainted Prydwen above CIT because ... why the hell not. 

5. And then I have this bits and pieces remix  done (almost - done need to test further)  from other peoples mods that overhaul Institute weaponry.  No recoil,  smaller sizes, improved damage. I did re-texture those to match the new colours. I could have done all that above myself too, but  like with clothing I use from CAST mod, I think those people have done fantastic job and they invented merger and remixing of mod for a reason. 

So where was I ? Ah, yes, my institute aint bright! 


And I need to do workbenches for the settlement as I do not want to use same workbenches everyone else uses, so I ponder if I use .nifcope or build it trough statics as I did with RedRocket. 

@Andronicus said:

Yeah that's right: we're talking INSTITUTE FASHION baby. The clothes make the man (or woman) so which labcoat is YOU?

Black synth uniform or occasionally : 

@ghostsec34 said:

My query what can I do to make  My Institute not so bright and I'm pretty sure I need better tree's ?

 

Turn off bloom. when use ENB or ENB effects. On PC this can be put on hotkey, I  personally might just remove the  glows manually form the wall consoles. take material swaps as part of my construction works. As for trees, not sure whats wrong with trees - mine look almost the same :p

And just some Institute screens ... 


.

AND  lets not forget THE CHAIR!  

*wide grin* 👿


// My art - http://tenebrare.tumblr.com/ + FanArt sections of forums here
// Institute Fan Club
//17775661056 bytes


Log in to reply

@kyra 

Rosalind with blue hair....heh that works surprisingly well for her. 

@Fenrus said:

Curie needs her own division - Medical sciences.

 She could probably go Bioscience and be quite useful as an assistant to Dr. Volkert. She's basically a walking medical journal. 😆

I don't like to change much about The Institute, I prefer to keep the atmosphere and what not as-is, but the one thing I did add was working showers!


Might be hard to see in a still image but there's water running down. I used the CWSS showers mod to put a shower head in The Institute showers. The mod did have a full working Institute shower but they didn't work very well in the actual Institute for some reason. Works great outside in settlements though. 

By the way, anyone decorate the quarters that Father initially gives you? I've been using it as my player home for most of my current game: 


Finally my current Institute character, sans Pip-boy. He's not Director yet (purposefully holding off on the final quest) but he's working his way up in Robotics. I went with the backstory that he's a pre-war CIT professor. 


Log in to reply

@Andronicus said:

I don't like to change much about The Institute, I prefer to keep the atmosphere and what not as-is, but the one thing I did add was working showers!

Well, I have never had it white. I mean 1st character did blow the joint up pretty quick, and I think Ryan (Blue-Eyes) suffered trough the white texture pretty much only during Shauns 1st dialogue. I hate everything on the white visuals.  I did feel the place was too impersonal, and since Institute is what director wants it to be, my character did  encourage the changes.   Besides  you probably have figured out that i am not very "brightness" loving persona. I am a nighthawk and I love gloom and doom.  If i'd be working for your CIT, I'd probably be a heartless courser. 

@Andronicus said:

By the way, anyone decorate the quarters that Father initially gives you? I've been using it as my player home for most of my current game: 

 Yes. I do all sorts of wild things in CIT. But I don't think I have a screenshot... hum.  I like what i see in there though in your screen. 

And I am horrible at making new characters :(  Anyway ...  Shaun is still alive in Blue Eyes game - so he is still the Director and my character is CEO, and  he had one message  for Commonwealth and surface : 

Sometimes they argue how Institute should be run ! 

And sometimes they do visit surface together : 


// My art - http://tenebrare.tumblr.com/ + FanArt sections of forums here
// Institute Fan Club
//17775661056 bytes


Log in to reply

@kyra said:

Well, I have never had it white. I mean 1st character did blow the joint up pretty quick, and I think Ryan (Blue-Eyes) suffered trough the white texture pretty much only during Shauns 1st dialogue. I hate everything on the white visuals.  I did feel the place was too impersonal, and since Institute is what director wants it to be, my character did  encourage the changes.   Besides  you probably have figured out that i am not very "brightness" loving persona. I am a nighthawk and I love gloom and doom.  If i'd be working for your CIT, I'd probably be a heartless courser. 

 I can definitely see the appeal of the darker Institute. Normally I prefer low blue and black color schemes too (like the Raven Rock interior in Fallout 3 for instance, which was my favorite interior space up until The Institute in Fallout 4): 

Image result for fallout 3 raven rock

But I prefer the lighter, whiter Institute for some reason. I think its because in Fallout 3, I imagined The Institute as a sterile hospital like environment in my head, so when I finally saw it in Fallout 4 I was like "Yep, this is exactly how I wanted it to be." 

I really enjoy the heaven/hell imagery it implies too. The Institute is underground and doing some nasty things behind the scenes (hell) but is a paradise on earth unlike any other (heaven). The 'playing God' with Synths plays into that motif as well.  

I do like how some people use the dark Institute though. Like you and your screenshots and the person who made this tribute video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...


Log in to reply

Well for many and the to  original mod author of darker institute - the dark color represents something evil or malicious. But for example for me it added life, realism, something 'me'. I never thought, when i paint it dark  that I am now the super evil that wants to run trough  world and kill everything I see. And I've always made the notion to represent Institute as very human faction. I guess my view is most influenced by the Deus Ex games and  machines there. There we have living machines too, and the question is where a man becomes a machine and machine human. I wanted to bring that emotion to my game. Ah, in some point I even had X6 run around like Adam Jensen copy - i mean armor and combat-wise. With the blast wave gun ( imitate a typhoon weapon from that game) and all the visuals with augmented looks.  He still has the blast wave gun though.

I did immediately see Institute so ... Deus ex alike and I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda hid some nods to the competitors franchise. I think future of mankind in Fallout would be what Deus Ex made it to be if Institute would win. Shaun held man pure, but that was shaun. I cannot help to see so many links between the two games. 

And when we look at deus ex games visuals -  its facilities are dark grey with yellow lines, my institute came to be dark with washed out red lines. I guess I've been inspired ? :o 

And this music video ... is just in theme.

And my director, when visits surface has this as a ride. :D   maybe in  2019 or something I implement it into game too *laughs*  I mean I can do it in 3D, but I have no f-ing idea about how to .nifify it :D 


// My art - http://tenebrare.tumblr.com/ + FanArt sections of forums here
// Institute Fan Club
//17775661056 bytes


Log in to reply

@Andronicus said:

 we're talking INSTITUTE FASHION 

 I'm Pretty fond of the C.A.S.T gear ☺








For me to be summoned : 5 black candles, a note with @Ghostsec34 written in blood, Wormwood: Used for summoning spirits and to help them manifest. Please be mindful my harem of men on this other side tend to distract me I may take longer than usual .


Log in to reply

In terms of fashion, I think the early Synth uniform designs are interesting. You can tell early on that Bethesda was going with a much different concept for The Institute. Less of a "Logan's Run" inspired utopia and more of a gritty cyber-punk dystopia. Kind of makes you wonder what that early Institute would have looked like. 

Image result for Institute concept art

Speaking of concept art too, I really wish The Institute Bioweapons from the concept art had been used in-game. Would have been an interesting weapon type.  I also like the more miniaturized Institute pistol design too. 


Log in to reply

@Andronicus said:

a gritty cyber-punk dystopia.

 If they had made it more Gritty and dark I think I'd of found a permanent home I love those Themes but that's just me.

Those bio-weapon's are pretty good too , Ah Concept Art only if they implemented every idea one can wish 😏


For me to be summoned : 5 black candles, a note with @Ghostsec34 written in blood, Wormwood: Used for summoning spirits and to help them manifest. Please be mindful my harem of men on this other side tend to distract me I may take longer than usual .


Log in to reply

@ghostsec34 said:

@Andronicus said:
a gritty cyber-punk dystopia.
 If they had made it more Gritty and dark I think I'd of found a permanent home I love those Themes but that's just me.
Those bio-weapon's are pretty good too , Ah Concept Art only if they implemented every idea one can wish 😏

 Some modder did make model for the small  weapon though as modders resource. It can maybe  implemented with immediate excessive  limb cripple effect. 

yeah Bethesda imagined CIT to be cool, Now we  have to make it cool ourselves ! 


// My art - http://tenebrare.tumblr.com/ + FanArt sections of forums here
// Institute Fan Club
//17775661056 bytes


Log in to reply

@Andronicus said:


@Fenrus said:
Curie needs her own division - Medical sciences.
 She could probably go Bioscience and be quite useful as an assistant to Dr. Volkert. She's basically a walking medical journal. 😆
I don't like to change much about The Institute, I prefer to keep the atmosphere and what not as-is, but the one thing I did add was working showers!

By the way, anyone decorate the quarters that Father initially gives you? I've been using it as my player home for most of my current game: 

I made up 'medical sciences' because I wanted to keep Curie's medical experiments / surgery / autopsies / disease cures away from my food supply. 😌 No mixing molerat DNA with my tatos. 😁

I use the quarters Father initially gives you quite a lot for sleeping, but I don't decorate it - I leave the Institute as is. It is my main home, but I prefer to use one of the settlements to store my stuff in different chests.

 


Log in to reply

@Andronicus said:

You can tell early on that Bethesda was going with a much different concept for The Institute. Less of a "Logan's Run" inspired utopia and more of a gritty cyber-punk dystopia. Kind of makes you wonder what that early Institute would have looked like. 

 sometimes listening to certain NPC conversations it appears to me that the Institute was going to be different on the inside. (It is hard for me to explain) it was going to have dungeons full of settlers and more sinister experiments going on, barracks full of synths, a bit like the enclave base in fallout 3 with creatures/settlers in giant jars.

or maybe more like this : (I have never played this game, but I think it looks good)


Log in to reply

@Fenrus said:

@Andronicus said:

@Fenrus said:
Curie needs her own division - Medical sciences.
 She could probably go Bioscience and be quite useful as an assistant to Dr. Volkert. She's basically a walking medical journal. 😆
I don't like to change much about The Institute, I prefer to keep the atmosphere and what not as-is, but the one thing I did add was working showers!

By the way, anyone decorate the quarters that Father initially gives you? I've been using it as my player home for most of my current game: 
I made up 'medical sciences' because I wanted to keep Curie's medical experiments / surgery / autopsies / disease cures away from my food supply. 😌 No mixing molerat DNA with my tatos. 😁

I use the quarters Father initially gives you quite a lot for sleeping, but I don't decorate it - I leave the Institute as is. It is my main home, but I prefer to use one of the settlements to store my stuff in different chests.
 

 I must be only one, who actually a. sells most stuff b. scraps most stuff c. doesn't loot most stuff ? Most my scavenger stuff is always from 1st part of game,  i do keep some of my fancy clothing  inside CIT so I always know where they are ! Especially since I am an airhead and forget stuff


// My art - http://tenebrare.tumblr.com/ + FanArt sections of forums here
// Institute Fan Club
//17775661056 bytes


Log in to reply

@kyra said:

 
  I must be only one, who actually a. sells most stuff b. scraps most stuff c. doesn't loot most stuff ? Most my scavenger stuff is always from 1st part of game,  i do keep some of my fancy clothing  inside CIT so I always know where they are ! Especially since I am an airhead and forget stuff

 I used to loot everything and keep lots of clothing and weapons to distribute to my settlers.  Then I found out that turrets do most of the work of defense, settlers don't die in an attack unless I accidentally kill them, and I started using Freemaker for my resources.  There is no need now for keeping anything but my trophies.  I do loot weapons sometimes when I need to reduce the level bar in some settlement.  When I clean up an area I either scrap everything or sell some of it if there is a merchant handy.


Log in to reply

People seen it, but since this is our own CIT corner.  Here, I answer  trough my then mouse doodles, what is worse than being kidnapped by the Institute ?  I was not very good at style then, those were 1st drafts, kind of. But still... 


// My art - http://tenebrare.tumblr.com/ + FanArt sections of forums here
// Institute Fan Club
//17775661056 bytes


Log in to reply

@Andronicus said:

Gin and Tonic Bar = Classy as [censored]. I like this idea already. 
Now on to the hard hitting discussions for Institute peeps. Yeah that's right: we're talking INSTITUTE FASHION baby. The clothes make the man (or woman) so which labcoat is YOU?

Robotics is what my current character is going with, but I love good ol' Facilities too. 
Cait, on the other hand, is definitely SRB:

 I'm more of Advanced Systems myself. Maybe it's because I'm interested in AI in RL?

And how could I not see this thread before now? I got the link from Kyra's signature.

@kyra said:

@Andronicus said:
I don't like to change much about The Institute, I prefer to keep the atmosphere and what not as-is, but the one thing I did add was working showers!
Well, I have never had it white. I mean 1st character did blow the joint up pretty quick, and I think Ryan (Blue-Eyes) suffered trough the white texture pretty much only during Shauns 1st dialogue. I hate everything on the white visuals.  I did feel the place was too impersonal, and since Institute is what director wants it to be, my character did  encourage the changes.   Besides  you probably have figured out that i am not very "brightness" loving persona. I am a nighthawk and I love gloom and doom.  If i'd be working for your CIT, I'd probably be a heartless courser.  @Andronicus said:
By the way, anyone decorate the quarters that Father initially gives you? I've been using it as my player home for most of my current game: 
 Yes. I do all sorts of wild things in CIT. But I don't think I have a screenshot... hum.  I like what i see in there though in your screen.  And I am horrible at making new characters :(  Anyway ...  Shaun is still alive in Blue Eyes game - so he is still the Director and my character is CEO, and  he had one message  for Commonwealth and surface :Sometimes they argue how Institute should be run !  And sometimes they do visit surface together :  

 Well, and here's where we differ. I like the white sterile clinical setting, as you can see from the clothing I wear. Here you can see how shocked I am when talking to that lunatic Sierra Petrovita, with her Nuka-Cola Museum.

The best moment of my life.

Of course, Shaun!!

Contemplating my responsibilities now the burden is on my shoulders (no ENB-mods, and this is what you get with a 770M graphics card).


//Institute Fan Club
//Have a CITastic Day !


Log in to reply

i suppose most would prefer the place white and clinical, but that wouldn't be really 'me'  and my main CIT is so stripped and I just tried my texture pack on main game  with the changed interior lights from  interiors version of the NAC mod  Still need to colour the walkway, but silly as it sounds I just cannot find the file that makes it yellow... it nags me and I hate it. 


And I am always on the darker side : 


Also i'd imagine that if I'd change to white and all that - you all would be asking if I  am replaced with a synth! 

Also X6 says hi  *relays off before gets smacked*

Also feel free to introduce me to new and CITastic mods  like I already discovered something new  today in another thread. 


// My art - http://tenebrare.tumblr.com/ + FanArt sections of forums here
// Institute Fan Club
//17775661056 bytes