My institute is not bright white, and is currently going trough some renovation works. But IRL getting constantly on the way has made me slow. But here's some whats brewing. (Images are still from WIPs though)
1. I did use Bethesda's UHD textures to recolor whole place using shades of gray. And a bit of black. Idea came from Evil Institute mod, but there were aspects I did not like in there. Like using "all black" colouring method that was probably quick way to colour things, but did not quite follow my tastes.
2. I wanted to make the place more alive. Not hospital alike, boring and sterile or something that someone said it would be, but real breathing community. So I have been adding a little 'life' and clutter to places like diner - hey books, and research notes are common sight, right ? Made Medbay more medical with more gadgets, gurneys and resources to be used on my character - like spare blood packs and the vials with the junk he injects on me, when curing my illnesses and diseases. And time-off area got smoking corner, some music, and someone has been reading comic books! Pristine condition comic books even! And Directors quarters gets special touch, and in general this will be like any other settlement where my character can hang out. And 100 other small things. Oh and yes it will have working coffee machine. or well kind of ... working coffee machine. Something my character really needs as much as I do.
3. i wanted NPCs be more ... my kind. So Rosalind will get blue hair and raider hairstyle, because she is a bit crazy! Patriot will dress up like a teen, smooth teen with a ponytail and little tinkers like that. And Coursers get my touch too. i am very touchy, what can i say! I did have clothing things altered for synths too, but then found that I will use latest version of CAST anyway on my game, so I can skip that, and I shelved that work and will modify cast not to use synth helmets inside CIT. I want to look at those gen 2s eyes, they fluffy.
4. Prydwen will get new location over CIT, thanks to the discussions other thread, eventually doing MQ will get repainted Prydwen above CIT because ... why the hell not.
5. And then I have this bits and pieces remix done (almost - done need to test further) from other peoples mods that overhaul Institute weaponry. No recoil, smaller sizes, improved damage. I did re-texture those to match the new colours. I could have done all that above myself too, but like with clothing I use from CAST mod, I think those people have done fantastic job and they invented merger and remixing of mod for a reason.
So where was I ? Ah, yes, my institute aint bright!
And I need to do workbenches for the settlement as I do not want to use same workbenches everyone else uses, so I ponder if I use .nifcope or build it trough statics as I did with RedRocket.
Yeah that's right: we're talking INSTITUTE FASHION baby. The clothes make the man (or woman) so which labcoat is YOU?
Black synth uniform or occasionally :
My query what can I do to make My Institute not so bright and I'm pretty sure I need better tree's ?
Turn off bloom. when use ENB or ENB effects. On PC this can be put on hotkey, I personally might just remove the glows manually form the wall consoles. take material swaps as part of my construction works. As for trees, not sure whats wrong with trees - mine look almost the same :p
And just some Institute screens ...
AND lets not forget THE CHAIR!