Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

June 2 Beta Update

Hey all,

For this week’s Quake Champions Closed Beta test event, we are focusing on monitoring game stability with new backend services in place. In doing so, we will be holding a shorter test event, which will end on Saturday at 5pm ET. The patch being deployed for this build will only include minor fixes, however, we are working on a larger update that will address game performance issues, and this weekend’s test is a prerequisite for that update. We appreciate your continued feedback as it’s helped us to identify stability issues that we’re working to resolve. Thank you to all of our testers for helping us to create an even better Quake Champions.

Bethesda.net | @Bethesda

Saturday at 5pm ET

That is so short :(

Ouch probably no play for me then.

I'm just in it for a t-shirt

https://www.twitch.tv/x3lph0r

@JLeavey said:

Hey all,

For this week’s Quake Champions Closed Beta test event, we are focusing on monitoring game stability with new backend services in place. In doing so, we will be holding a shorter test event, which will end on Saturday at 5pm ET. The patch being deployed for this build will only include minor fixes, however, we are working on a larger update that will address game performance issues, and this weekend’s test is a prerequisite for that update. We appreciate your continued feedback as it’s helped us to identify stability issues that we’re working to resolve. Thank you to all of our testers for helping us to create an even better Quake Champions.

I'm happy to see progress in that regard, I'm sure we can all agree we will be better off with this larger update coming.

@JLeavey said:

Thank you to all of our testers for helping us to create an even better Quake Champions.

You do/add/modify/fix whatever crosses your heads anyway, you should thank yourselves instead...

I have no faith in this anymore after Sync explainations on the "easier to understand" health system

inb4 DOA

Good job going the "undocumented changes" route aswell, transparency at its best.

@JLeavey:-

For those of us that need a little more clarification and to avoid the whinging where possible.  

1) Is this stability test purely stability as in the game doesnt crash on your hardware?   Or do we mean something more than that?

2) Upcoming performance test.  Is this graphics related or netcode related (as in we will have less uploaded data and less lag)?

Many thanks in advance.

Author of the Q3 maps:- The Rage (https://www.lvlworld.com/review/id:1955), Steep Learning Curve (https://www.lvlworld.com/review/id:1911) and Reckless Abandonment (https://www.lvlworld.com/review/id:1905)

@Foralarx said:

@JLeavey:-
For those of us that need a little more clarification and to avoid the whinging where possible.  
1) Is this stability test purely stability as in the game doesnt crash on your hardware?   Or do we mean something more than that?
2) Upcoming performance test.  Is this graphics related or netcode related (as in we will have less uploaded data and less lag)?
Many thanks in advance.

I would like some clarification on this point as well.

Are the performance issues you guys addressing hardware / stability / crash related OR netcode related?

Check out my gaming channel over at YouTube to listen to a guy that sounds like Davos Seaworth do Let's Plays on a variety of games! Expect sarcasm, fails and general banter - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnFw-sGAWaqwzlI1ibVnf9Q

@JLeavey said:

Hey all,

Streaming's still OK? 

If the game's got new backend, surely there will be noticeable diffference, will be visible on video.

Playin' gamz. Teachin' nubz.

@Peyosef said:

@JLeavey said:
Thank you to all of our testers for helping us to create an even better Quake Champions.
 You do/add/modify/fix whatever crosses your heads anyway, you should thank yourselves instead...
I have no faith in this anymore after Sync explainations on the "easier to understand" health system
inb4 DOA
Good job going the "undocumented changes" route aswell, transparency at its best.

ROFL ˆˆˆˆˆˆˆˆˆˆˆˆˆˆˆˆˆ^ 8)))))))))))))))))))))))

That is such a joke. The QuakeCon sound sooooo promsing ! Can't wait.

@TheNoobZMaster said:

If the game's got new backend, surely there will be noticeable diffference, will be visible on video.

The word backend itself means that the changes made are only to the way things are handled in the background and do not impact the user experience (like client updates, new features or changes in the interface do). Other than stability the only possible difference you could notice is in the server performance if that is what they're working on.

@xJackaL said:

@TheNoobZMaster said:
 The word backend itself means that the changes made are only to the way things are handled in the background and do not impact the user experience (like client updates, new features or changes in the interface do). Other than stability the only possible difference you could notice is in the server performance if that is what they're working on.

I'm quite aware, thanks.

And one can simulate different network scenarios in order to test backend performance.

Playin' gamz. Teachin' nubz.

Minor no-name fixes and 9.5Gb update download.

Sounds reasonable :)

Why release at all?

There was no 9.5 GB update, I've got updated in ten minutes at 50 Mbit/s

@zb0n3 said:

Minor no-name fixes and 9.5Gb update download.
Sounds reasonable :)
Why release at all?

Update was approx 950mb

yeah, me too...it was saying 9gb but it only took some minutes

its past 10:00am ET and i cant play in GER....whats up?

Why are the servers still offline?

Cant join. Says choose region and then error 107. (Germany)

It is absolutely imperative that you are transparent with the patches and whats upcoming, Quake has a very hardcore and admittedly vocal following which means any future changes/fixes etc should be made transparent as the "in the dark" approach simply wont work as if any negatively perceived changes are just dropped on the game, the backlash will be louder than it is with traditional games. Transparency and communication are key, Valve were loud with CSGO when it was in its infancy, making lots of changes where necessary, it's only once the game is truly established and "made it" have they become quieter, but the initial growth was succesful due to player feedback being taken onboard and communicated as such. Please ensure this transparency and communication is always the number one priority, I want this game to succeed, I really, really do

• Mouse acceleration added
  • Mouse sensitivity is now the same as Quake/Source
  • Mouse sensitivity precision increased
  • You can type in values rather than using the slider
  • Renderer appears to have changed

"Minor fixes" ... xD