Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

[RELz] Castle Volkihar Redux (PC/XB1/PS4)

PC (Bethesda): https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-...

XB1 (Bethesda): https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-...

PS4 (Bethesda): https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/skyrim/mod-...

Now the size of a city, Castle Volkihar Redux is the ultimate vampire kingdom for the true overlord of Skyrim. All blocked portals now go to new places. New towers, quests, buffs, armors, weapons, followers, amenities, crafting and more. Dawnguard DLC required.

*Did you finish Dawnguard and wonder why Castle Volkihar didnt upgrade?
*Did you think the blocked portals would open up into a real homestead?
*Then look no further, this mod does exactly that and more, read on!

Long ago two groups of vampires within the Volkihar coven split and a power struggle began. Harkon created a powerful vampire army, stormed castle Volkihar and magically sealed away his brother Brunar and his small band of loyal coven members in the family tombs.
If you are able to acquire Auriels Bow you must find the coven and set them free.Thus begins your own journey not only to restore the castle beyond it's former glory but to reign as the supreme overlord of Skyrim. You can now build your own army of Draugrs, Gargoyles and Vampires.

ADDED FOLLOWERS:
Once the castle is yours Draugr guards and a new vampire coven members loyal to you will begin to patrol the castle inside and out. Some new followers are gained through quests. Additional Draugr sentries can also be added through a quest.

CRAFTING:
Castle Volkihar Redux not only offers access to every kind of crafting station in the game, you will be provided with a special 25% bonus when using them! There are new primary crafting stations such as a Forge, Alchemy Tables and Enchanting stations. A Wood Chopping Block can be found on the upper tier of the shipyard and Cooking Pots. 4 unique Blood Cauldron/Buckets to brew blood potions are spread throughout the castle.

DISPLAY AND STORAGE:
You will find mannequins, weapon/racks, chests, display cases, and much more throughout the Castle. You will want to visit the North Tower Vault which is specifically designed for the safe storage of your items & display's for your Dragon Priest Masks and Dragon Claws. A bust of change your face can also be found in the North Tower's bathing area. One will also unlock the Daedric South Tower through a quest (The Forgotten Tower). It provides uniquel display's for most all Daedric items found within Skyrim including Dragon Scrolls.

FAST TRAVEL:
Knowledge of teleportation magic has been added from the soul cairn. This teleportation wing is known as 'Teleport Tower West'. It is located in Valerica's Tower. It can be found by using any of the teleporter pads found in each wing of the castle. It includes two teleportation networks, one for the castle internally and one to six major cities throughout Tamriel. A spell tome that teaches the spell 'return to castle Volkihar' can be found in this very wing.

*The Castle's Shipyard and it's boats have been restored. You can use them to travel to the shores of Tamriel.
*There is a portal to the Forgotten Vale in the castle tombs found during the quest 'Fortify Volkihar'.
*Two fast travel markers are also added. One in the Shipyard and one on the East Tower balcony.

INCOME:
A 5,000 gold monthly income has been added when the quest 'Port of Call' is completed. Visit Captain Wheeler each month to collect it.

NEW TOWERS:
Daedric South Tower (daedric artifact displays), Valerica's Tower (Formerly the ruins), North Tower (vault), East Tower (alchemy, armory, training and guest rooms), *Teleport Tower West.

*Several dungeons have been added. A Gargoyle Lair, secret cave and a few vampire lairs which must be cleared out to inhabit.

SHRINES:
Two Molag Bal shrines are added to the castle. But let it be known that the blessing from Molag Bal trumps all those other lesser daedric blessings combined. When Molag Bal bestows his chosen with a blessing, he wants them stronger than any foe in the known planes of existence. These shrines are found in Harkon's Cathedral off of the Keep & inside the Temple of Molag Bal in Valerica's Tower.

TRADERS AND MERCHANTS:
*The Undercroft will be upgraded into a flea market with added merchants. The castle now hosts every type of vendor found in the game. You will find a Blacksmith at the Shipyard, an alchemist trainer in the East Tower Alchemy Bazaar (foyer) and many more inside the Undercroft.

QUESTS:
It's good to be king
Fortify Volkihar
Releasing the Coven
Port of Call
The Forgotten Tower
Keep em Coming
The Smell of Death (Starts in Solitude - hideout for starter vampires)

UNIQUE ITEMS:
Robes of the minions of Molag Bal. These highly enchanted robes help his minions carry out his desires throughout the plane of Tamriel and beyond. The robes (crafted in Coldharbour the realm of Molag Bal) are 2nd to none for mages, warriors and thieves. The robes are also craftable at the shipyard smith under misc should you want to create un-enchanted versions or to cloth new initiates you bring into the fold. A custom vampiric horse can be found in a small stable near the shipyard docks, two ethereal swords are found during the quest 'It's Good To Be King'.

FAQ & Solutions -Click Here-
COMPATIBILITY - Click Here -
MAP SHOWING NEW CASTLE AREAS - Click Here -

This mod could not have been made without help from the following:

-Bethesda Softworks - They are Awesome
-Valve/Steam
-AARS, Insanity, Stroti, ax, DarkRider - Meshes Textures
-Darkfox127 - Tutorials
-Amel - Robes
-Paradux - Robes
-Anduniel - Scripting help
-Adura - Scripting help
-Reaper9111 - Scripting help
-Emma - .fuz help
-giskard - CK advice
-Spirit-Alu - Art

yes on xb1 this mod glitches with the textures of some vampires faces, serana's face gets all like digital camo of green and purple, and its really annoying from i dont want to put a helmet on her, and some other vampires in the castle are the same way, so play fix the texture, im not sure if its other texture mods that arent liking the mod or what. if you can fix it then ty, otherwise have a good day

Before you go rating down mods and accusing mods of causing issues like this, you must first educate yourself and realize how modifications work in relation to the SKYRIM GAME ENGINE, it's GAME SAVE SYSTEM and YOUR LOAD ORDER.

Grey face bug on CVR's NPCs are due to a conflict with another mod. Please watch the following youtube video for a solution: youtube.com/watch?v=j_tRKRr5Rn4

Install mods at your own risk. You minimize that risk by reading and learning. Always make a save before you install a mod.

Problem & Solutions:

1.) Deleting mods that are a part of your present game save. Yes deleting or disabling mods will undoubtedly destroy your game save either causing weird things to happen (as described above) on up to a crash to desktop.

Solution:

1-a) The only safe fix is to roll back to a save from before the mod you are deleting was installed.

2.) installing mods that conflict with other mods. Can also cause weird things to happen (as described above) on up to a crash to desktop.

Solution:

2-a) You can sometimes fix conflicting mods through load order changes. It doesn't always work. Sometimes you'll have to choose one mod or the other. Remember once again to roll back to a save from before you installed any mods you delete.

3.) Installing mods that break your game. Some mod authors just suck so badly that their mod breaks Skyrim. Handing source tools like the creation kit to the general public will have this effect sometimes.

Solution:

3-a) Mods are made by amateurs who may not understand software dependencies and are deleting vanilla game files directly. This is a guaranteed way to break mod subscribers game and cause weird stuff to happen. Install mods at your own risk. You minimize that risk by reading and learning. Uninstall the broken mod and roll back to a save from before you installed it.

==================

Game saves take a snapshot of everything in your game. Mods included. If you delete mods after they become part of your game save it will usually corrupt the save. Depending on the mod/s you deleted this causes instability or crashes. Eventually, your save will become un-useable and you may lose all your progress and have to start over.

==================

When installing mods please remember; when a mod modifies anything from the original game that another mod also references there will be a conflict. Just like if two Pitbulls try to grab the same bone simultaneously, they are going to fight. The outcome can be anything from crashing to strange things happening in the game. *In any of those cases it is your responsibility to maintain and manage your own computer/xbox when using mods. Sometimes changing the load order can fix issues between conflicting mods. Sometimes not. Problem is no one can always tell you what load order will work so you have to shuffle your mod load list around. Try to use common sense. For instance, If you install two mods that change the same objects in "Castle Volkihar" there is most likely going to be a conflict. *When mods can't work together, one must be chosen over the other. Using mods takes work, learning and thinking. It is not always an easy thing. Also remember that some mods are made by amateurs. Sometimes a person who is self taught is fiddling around with software dependencies. Between subscribers not managing their load list, what they install and the occasional amateur mod author, this can have grave results for your "modified" gaming experience.

==================

HOW TO START QUESTS:

RELEASING THE COVEN -
Becomes available as soon as you get Auriels bow (Finish Dawnguard quest: Kindred Judgement) and have traveled to the front of the castle. If you already had Auriels bow prior to installing this mod, then you'll need to go out to the front of the castle then go back inside, it will then begin.

See in-depth description of this quest (including stages) here: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/129969995/846966336549220989/?ctp=3#c483367798519037256

PORT OF CALL -
Becomes available after completing "Releasing the Coven", and you have moved in and out of any of the Castle interior's to the exterior of the castle.

See in-depth description of this quest (including stages) here:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/129969995/846966336549220989/?ctp=3#c483367798519034159

IT'S GOOD TO BE KING -
Becomes available just after killing Harkon and you have left the guild hall. But, if you already killed Harkon before you installed this new version of the mod, you'll have to go into the guild hall (where you met Harkon the first time and where the two vampires are munching away on thralls on the table), then leave the guild hall, and the quest will then start.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/129969995/846966336549220989/?ctp=3#c483367798519030056

FORTIFY VOLKIHAR -

BUG FOUND! During this quest make sure you take all of the armor off of the draugr corpses on the embalming tables. Each of the three times. If you don't it will destroy the entire CVR questline. You'll be stuck. Unfortunately I scattered these armors around this area. If one picks those up and uses them on the table instead of looting the corpses.. big trouble.

Becomes available after you complete "Releasing the coven" and have gone outside to the shipyard docks.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/129969995/846966336549220989/?ctp=3#c483367798518880974

THE FORGOTTEN TOWER -
Becomes available after completing "Releasing the Coven" and "Port of Call" and you have moved into the Master Throne Wing.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/129969995/846966336549220989/?ctp=3#c483367798519040333

KEEP EM COMING -
Becomes available after completing "Releasing the Coven", "Port of Call" and "The Forgotten Tower", and have moved from the Daedric South Tower into the Master Throne Wing.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/129969995/846966336549220989/?ctp=3#c483367798519019198

--------------------------------
IMPORTANT- MOD IS NOT ENABLED
--------------------------------
If the mod does not seem to be working at all, see this thread here:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/129969995/846966336549220989/#c792923684263166303

------------------------------
POST SCRIPT
------------------------------
This has been a learning experience for me. I never was able to figure out how to chain one quest off of the other using the story line or scripts. I tried using instructions out there on the internet but it never worked. The CK's story manager was all that I could test and reliably. And only if the conditions were moving in or out of a certain cell (in game area or room).

That being said all of my quests will not chain off of one another without moving in and out on top of finishing them or completing quest stages.

@Darkxvegas said:

yes on xb1 this mod glitches with the textures of some vampires faces, serana's face gets all like digital camo of green and purple, and its really annoying from i dont want to put a helmet on her, and some other vampires in the castle are the same way, so play fix the texture, im not sure if its other texture mods that arent liking the mod or what. if you can fix it then ty, otherwise have a good day

Anyone else having texture issues on the face of NPC's? No one has yet to mention this.

@digitalcleaner said:

@Darkxvegas said:

Anyone else having texture issues on the face of NPC's? No one has yet to mention this.

*raises hand*

Have the mod installed, started Dawnguard and Serana's face and some parts of Castle Volkihar are distorted.

Tried disabling it but nothing changed. Might not be your mod unless it creates a permanent issue

@LittleKyng said:

@digitalcleaner said:

@Darkxvegas said:

*raises hand*

Have the mod installed, started Dawnguard and Serana's face and some parts of Castle Volkihar are distorted.

Tried disabling it but nothing changed. Might not be your mod unless it creates a permanent issue

The only way to know for sure is to disable castle volkihar mod and go to a save from before it was installed and see if those things are still affected.

I'd like to add that only 2 people have mentioned this when over 9000 people have downloaded it. I would think I should have heard way more people bringing this issue to my attention. But that is not to say for sure so we should try to test it out so I can fix it on my end if it's my mod.

Also, thank you for taking the time to come let me know about this and help me try to track down if it's my mod or not.

doors make a copy that are and stuck when you open them

First of all I love this mode but I'm running into some issues. After beating the gargoyle king time has past I go to sit on the thrown an for some reason I'm attacked by gargoyles again. Gargoyles, mannequins and molag bal worshipers have disappeared or are disappearing. Armor sets placed upon the mannequins are also disappearing.

Is there anyway to add refurbishment to the gargoyles kings lair since it can be reached by inside volkihar castle now. Also could we possibly have options for npcs to move in to the castle besides your spouse.

So, I'm not sure if this is weird I need to report bugs. This is where it suggested I come to, but I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot. Hopefully, I am. So, I've ran into an issue that I couldn't find any resolution to when I looked through all the bugs/fixes/issues parts. I'm on Xbox 1. The issue I've ran into is in the south tower. I placed the dragon scroll in the elder scroll holding area quite some time ago, along with the sun and blood scrolls. I completed the dawnguard questline but hadn't really touched the main storyline with Alduin. So, I come to the part where I need to have the dragon scroll and read it atop the throat of the world. I go back to volkihar to grab the scroll out and it won't let me. It will allow me to grab the blood and sun scrolls, but not the dragon scroll. When I click on it, it says, "You don't meet the requirements". So, I've tried everything I can think of. I tried disabling the mod while away from Volkihar and seeing if it replenished the scroll back to it's original location. Which it didn't. So I reloaded. I tried taking the blood and sun scrolls up to the mountain to try and read those, which I didn't figure would work...and it didn't. The quest itself is actually sending me to the orc librarian in the college of winterhold, but he won't respond to the quest marker because I already grabbed the scroll from him in the dawngaurd dlc. I know that's a vanilla glitch, which I was going to bypass by just reading the scroll at the throat of the world, but I can't get it back out of the castle. It's almost like it's not recognizing that it's there. I would reload to an earlier save, where I didn't have the scroll placed but that was like 150 hours ago. I did read in one of the areas under bugs/fixes that for pc the had a test area that they could have access to, to get items again. I was curious if there was a physical location like that in the Xbox 1 version that I could walk into and grab the dragon scroll again? Any help or suggestions on this would be a huge help for me here, because honestly, I love the mod, but right now my main storyline is broken. I should have known better then to place a quest item like that on a wall before I had used it, but I pulled an idiot move and did it. So, again, I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.

There's a seperate mod to fix that

@phenomfiend said:

First of all I love this mode but I'm running into some issues. After beating the gargoyle king time has past I go to sit on the thrown an for some reason I'm attacked by gargoyles again. Gargoyles, mannequins and molag bal worshipers have disappeared or are disappearing. Armor sets placed upon the mannequins are also disappearing.Is there anyway to add refurbishment to the gargoyles kings lair since it can be reached by inside volkihar castle now. Also could we possibly have options for npcs to move in to the castle besides your spouse.

Yeah this mod is not perfect and although it is pretty mature it still has mistakes since I am only an amateur mod author. I do my best to debug. However, everytime I make changes to fix one thing 10 more crop up that need fixing. In light of that I don't change/fix bugs unless they are game breaking. I just don't have the time between work and family.

1.) Gargoyles attacking. Not a game breaking element so please just kill them when they show up.

2.) If mannequins and NPC's are disappearing it is not due to this mod. How do I know? Because I've been supporting it for over 3 years. I know the mod inside and out. That is either a corrupted save (because you deleted mods) or a conflict with another mod (two mods try to use or change the same vanilla object). In either case I am sure it is not this mod. The best fix is to manage your mods through load order or find which mod is conflicting and choose between this one or the one conflicting if you can't fix this through load order.

3.) Same as above. No one has ever mentioned armor disappearing on mannequins before. Sounds like a the same thing going on with #2 here.

4.) There were plans to make the gargoyle king floor upgradable, but the mod was just getting to be too large as it was so it's really not realistic.

5.) If this mod were to enable NPCs to move into the castle that would mean changing vanilla script or NPC routines through packages. This mod already has too large of a footprint. If you want NPC's in Skyrim to do something special I recommend you find a mod that does that. It is not a good idea to author a mod that does it all or it just ends up conflicting with everything. Making this mod do as much as it does was indeed not a smart thing to do.

@Trlee said:

So, I'm not sure if this is weird I need to report bugs. This is where it suggested I come to, but I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot. Hopefully, I am. So, I've ran into an issue that I couldn't find any resolution to when I looked through all the bugs/fixes/issues parts. I'm on Xbox 1. The issue I've ran into is in the south tower. I placed the dragon scroll in the elder scroll holding area quite some time ago, along with the sun and blood scrolls. I completed the dawnguard questline but hadn't really touched the main storyline with Alduin. So, I come to the part where I need to have the dragon scroll and read it atop the throat of the world. I go back to volkihar to grab the scroll out and it won't let me. It will allow me to grab the blood and sun scrolls, but not the dragon scroll. When I click on it, it says, "You don't meet the requirements". So, I've tried everything I can think of. I tried disabling the mod while away from Volkihar and seeing if it replenished the scroll back to it's original location. Which it didn't. So I reloaded. I tried taking the blood and sun scrolls up to the mountain to try and read those, which I didn't figure would work...and it didn't. The quest itself is actually sending me to the orc librarian in the college of winterhold, but he won't respond to the quest marker because I already grabbed the scroll from him in the dawngaurd dlc. I know that's a vanilla glitch, which I was going to bypass by just reading the scroll at the throat of the world, but I can't get it back out of the castle. It's almost like it's not recognizing that it's there. I would reload to an earlier save, where I didn't have the scroll placed but that was like 150 hours ago. I did read in one of the areas under bugs/fixes that for pc the had a test area that they could have access to, to get items again. I was curious if there was a physical location like that in the Xbox 1 version that I could walk into and grab the dragon scroll again? Any help or suggestions on this would be a huge help for me here, because honestly, I love the mod, but right now my main storyline is broken. I should have known better then to place a quest item like that on a wall before I had used it, but I pulled an idiot move and did it. So, again, I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.

You know consoles are a whole new area for me as I don't have or use them. In PC I am use to just giving someone a console code and viola it's fixed. In this situation I am stumped as to how the heck this happened. I have had people ask me why they can't place the dragonscroll but never had a single person not be able to retrieve it. And that out of over 70,000 subscribers over the last 3 years.

I am perplexed as to how I could help you. The only way to get to that test room is by using a console command. Even the vanilla skyrim has a room with everything in it but also requires a console code to travel there. I am sorry to say that using mods is always a risk like this. This is unfortunately how all of us have learned in the past to make lots of saves often. With a console I'm not sure how that works.

In closing I am really sorry that I don't have any answers or fixes for you. I am sure this has happened to just about everyone that uses mods. It's part of it.

Hey man, great mod! Went from ps4 to xb1 and downloaded it. Definitely a must-have in the load out order.

I seem to have found a glitch in the"It's good to be king" questline, in particular the prompt had me get kill the gargoyle king before I got the stone chests, and now I'm prompted to kill the already dead king, and am therefore stuck. There doesn't seem to be any other mod below Volkihar that would conflict with its quests, but I'm not too savvy. Just wanted to bring to to your attention. Thanks for the awesome mod!

@vargas10091994 said:

Hey man, great mod! Went from ps4 to xb1 and downloaded it. Definitely a must-have in the load out order.

I seem to have found a glitch in the"It's good to be king" questline, in particular the prompt had me get kill the gargoyle king before I got the stone chests, and now I'm prompted to kill the already dead king, and am therefore stuck. There doesn't seem to be any other mod below Volkihar that would conflict with its quests, but I'm not too savvy. Just wanted to bring to to your attention. Thanks for the awesome mod!

It should be impossible for the quest marker to show the Gargoyle King twice. I've never heard of this happening before. Not sure what to say about fixing it other than hopefully you have a save from before you started the quest. Follow the quest markers exactly and try again.

Excuse me but it seems the quest "Port of call" has bugged for me it seems tobe leading me to a place where Dexternus is but i see nothing, No NPC, No life aura nothing Help please? ^-^ btw Awesome mod one of the best i'v ever had!!!

Even though I made this thread, and this comment I still "Don't have access to this operation" when trying to delete my own thread. I hope these guys fix this crap.

@Benny8868 said:

Excuse me but it seems the quest "Port of call" has bugged for me it seems tobe leading me to a place where Dexternus is but i see nothing, No NPC, No life aura nothing Help please? ^-^ btw Awesome mod one of the best i'v ever had!!!

This quest is not bugged out. This mod is not buggy. It is over 4 years old and is very stable. Heck, you can even go to this link and see where I posted this answer back in 2013 here http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/dis...

QUEST: "PORT OF CALL" I CAN'T FIND DEXTERNUS

Dexternus is at the highest point in Valerica's Tower in the torture chamber.

You can NOT use a map marker to locate Dexternus in this part of the castle because its architecture is a giant vertical tube and Dexternus is at the top of it. Which makes the map marker elusive.

Go to Valerica's Tower and ascend all the way to the top to the torture chamber. Two flights up from the Molag Bal church.

Just keep going up in Val's Tower and you'll find him waaaay at the top.

Another way to get to Dexternus quickly is to fast travel to the Balcony where you enter Valerica's Study(opposite the blue flames on the external bridge) then take the door down into Valerica's Tower from where the Soul Cairne entrance is found.

I am sorry about him being so hard to find. Keep in mind that this giant cell was designed as a dungeon. I did my best to restore it to what it is supposed to be in it's former glory. The top two rooms were indeed torture chambers and Dexternus is a torturer so I had no choice.

Is there anyway to advance the forgotten tower?

The quest starts and Irarak runs up to me and says a little speech, he gives me the journal. I read the journal and nothing happens.

It never advances.

When Irarak talks it only shows the option "follow me".

Can you help.

Excellent mod!!!

Thanks.

I will be honest, this is the only mod of the 3 that add multiple new followers/npcs that i have not had some issue with. The other 2 I have everyone has the pixilated faces but yours everyone is normal (for vampires lol).

I'm on xbox one and I've placed every deadric item and have been able to retrieve, same with the scrolls but i also didn't place the scrolls untill after i no longer needed them.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for the mod.