Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

[RELz] The Unique Landscapes Project

Welcome to...

 The Unique Landscapes Project

      Thread LXXV

Here you find our current releases and information about updates. Praise, criticism, questions and bug reports should be posted in this thread. The previous thread can be found here.

Unique Landscapes (short: UL) is based on the vision of a diversified and beautiful Cyrodiil. Imagine a world where exploring not only means to find new enemies and treasures but to enjoy gorgeous landscapes, a world where every step could lead to a new and unique visual experience. That is the Cyrodiil UL is working on.

To achieve a goal that huge, the UL project consists of multiple single mods. Each mod modifies a part of Cyrodiil, following a single theme. Usually UL mods get developed completely independently from each other. This way each modder has a maximum of freedom to work on his or her vision, so every UL mod gets its own style and contributes to the diversification of Cyrodiil.

:: UL Mod Counter ::

** Released: 28 ** Work-in-progress: 3 **

:: Progress Status ::

35% Gold Coast Farmlands

20% Niben Barnyards

75% Niben Wetlands

:: Latest Headlines ::

2017-May-01: UL Patches Compilation v12 released, patches updated to work with ULs v2 and to provide patches for the Merged ESPs

2017-May-01: UL Compilation v2.1.0 released, containing v2 of all Unique Landscapes. Merged ESPs recreated, now considered final instead of experimental

2017-May-01: All Unique Landscapes updated to v2. This is a maintenance update, no new content (Note that Stendarr Valley v2 is currently only available in the UL Compilation v2.1.0, as the UL Council does not have editing access to the Stendarr Valley page on Nexus)

2017-Mar-31: Moved thread to Bethesda.net due to Bethsoft forums scheduled for lock down from 7th April 2017. Spoiler tags do not work on Bethesda.net so historic list of Latest Headlines dropped from post to reduce length. Character limit on Bethesda.net prevented inclusion of entire opening post for this thread, so details transferred to articles on Nexus instead

=======================================================================

Due to the severe limits of the new bethesda.net forums it was not possible to include the entire opening post from the old forums nor to provide links to each Unique Landscapes mod. Instead please read the following articles for links to the mods and all the information originally provided in the opening post of this thread from the old forums:

Unique Landscapes Information

Unique Landscapes Information Part 2

Hi "Display name is already in use" :), good to see you with the old name back again.

Once you have made about 14 posts the spam filter will stop nobbling your OP links.

📖 My Guide and Mods - Skyrim Nexus 📖 BSAs and You topic - AFK Mods 📖 BGS Member Since March 2006 🙊​​​

How many posts before it stops eating the rest of your formatting? :P

I have nearly finished uploading all Unique Landscapes v2 to Nexus (for Stendarr Valley I have just PM'd the author Rancen requesting editing access to the mod page). This is a maintenance update so there is no new content, however all have been closely picked over in TES4Edit for redundant edits, and all have had their Form ID range reset so that I can recreate the merged ESPs and offer working patches for both separate and merged versions of the UL mods without having to recreate all the patches I offer from scratch.

The UL Compilation v2.1.0 has been fully uploaded to Nexus, this contains all ULs at v2 (including Stendarr Valley) along with the recreated merged ESPs.

The UL Patches Compilation v12 has been uploaded and contains patches which will work with the separate ESPs and the merged ESPs, please read the main readme in this archive to make sense of what you're installing. All existing patches have been renamed to add a prefix explaining how they are meant to be used, so the readme will explain this (comes with a BAIN wizard so installing with Wrye Bash should ensure the right patches are installed). Many of the patches made by other authors which were previously linked to from the patches page are now included in the compilation.

Be aware that mhahn has been super busy with his job and has not had any free time to update the BOSS masterlist, so none of the patches will be recognised by BOSS right now.

This maintenance update will break any patches made by others which are dependant on the UL ESPs. Because of this, I have ensured that the last pre-v2 release of each UL is still available on Nexus, as well as the last pre-v2.1.0 release of the UL Compilation and the last pre-v12 release of the UL Patches Compilation as well for those who don't want to update to these new files.

I'm being told that the AN weather filter needs to be updated for UL v2. First, is there a weather filter for UL?😲 Second, who would update it, if it exists?

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham

The Assimilation Lab

You're probably looking for "All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp" which is a part of the All Natural archive. I believe you are currently maintaining All Natural? In which case either you would update it, or if you aren't in a position to access your computers due to all that renovation you're doing at home and that cold you mentioned on TAL Forums, I could take a look for you.

If that isn't the ESP people told you about, then I don't know, they'd better give you more detail!

Yes, I believe that's the player is referring to, but I didn't realize Unique Landscapes modified interiors. Now that I think about it, I guess I did install one of them at one point and it included some buildings. I have been away from modding for over two years now so I forgot. 😳 If you could take a look for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't expect to be back for a while yet and when I do return... Well my to-do list is growing. *sigh*

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!

The Assimilation Lab

@AndalayBay said:

Yes, I believe that's the player is referring to, but I didn't realize Unique Landscapes modified interiors. Now that I think about it, I guess I did install one of them at one point and it included some buildings. I have been away from modding for over two years now so I forgot. 😳 If you could take a look for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't expect to be back for a while yet and when I do return... Well my to-do list is growing. *sigh*

I've attached the filter file to a post in one of our old project threads on TAL forums, so once you've found that thread you can package into AN and upload. Also added in support for the merged Unique Landscapes.esp file too.

Yep, got it. Thanks V.

The Assimilation Lab

I've a question concerning one particular UL patch. Looking through the master list webpage I was surprised to notice a patch for Duke Patrick's SCA Combat Archery and UL Lost Coast. Surprised because I've been using those two mods for years without a patch. Then I realized that SCA Combat Archery is Spooky's ancient forerunner to his Combat Archery mod (without SCA in the title). My question is, is the patch indeed for the old SCA version of Combat Archery and not need from Combat Archery? Or is the patch required by both? (Sorry if this is spelled out somewhere and I didn't dig deep enough to find it.)

The patch is from 2008 and was made for SCA Combat Archery, I have no idea whether it will work with any alternative renamed variants of DP's SCA Combat Archery. Give it a try and see.

@andalaybay said:

Yep, got it. Thanks V.

Hi Vorians, firstly thanks for the ongoing support of UL, can never have a playthrough without them all installed :)

Now to my question for AndalayBay - any news on the updated AN Weather Filter, I haven't been able to find any news on it other than this thread? Or if you have already uploaded it somewhere a nudge in the right direction would be great :)

Cheers, straub666

Found some stuff for you:

==Aspen Wood (I think - its Aposevurio's Beacon)==
10,42: Rock 01B0898 is buried inside a larger rock. 

==Skingrad Outskirts==
-12,2: Foundation stone 1A00D) is floating (you could raise the ground to cover the gap)
-13,1: The water rapids tiles (1A0010, et al) are misaligned.

==Cliffs of Anvil==
28,-8: Rock 011900B4 needs to be adjusted to cover the base of the Ayleid pillar above it. Also, the map marker is floating.

And some errors from the CSE:
[CS] PathGrid for cell xultepscornedholdout - contains point with no connections at (-1039.98, 3315.51, 2620.00)
[CS] Pathgrid for cell Wilderness (-16, 31) in world Tamriel contains 370 inter-grid connections.
[CS] Pathgrid for cell Wilderness (44, -3) in world Tamriel contains 308 inter-grid connections.
[CS] Pathgrid for cell Wilderness (45, -3) in world Tamriel contains 297 inter-grid connections.
[CS] Pathgrid for cell Wilderness (47, -8) in world Tamriel contains 204 inter-grid connections.
[CS] Pathgrid for cell Wilderness (46, 9) in world Tamriel contains 211 inter-grid connections.
[CS] Could not find previous idle (011A059C) for IDLE Form 'xulsocreatureschickenIdleAnimsgetupfaceup' (011A059B).
[CS] Could not find previous idle (011A059D) for IDLE Form 'xulsocreatureschickenIdleAnimsgetupfacedown' (011A059C).
[CS] Could not find previous idle (011A059E) for IDLE Form 'xulsocreatureschickenIdleAnimschicksleeping' (011A059D).
[CS] Could not find previous idle (011A05A3) for IDLE Form 'xulsoCreaturespigIdleAnimslookleft' (011A05A2).
[CS] Could not find previous idle (011A05A5) for IDLE Form 'xulsoCreaturespigIdleAnimslookright' (011A05A3).
[CS] Reference attached to wrong cell for its location:
REFR Form '' (0006E42A) to LVLC form 'LL1WildernessPlains' (000343DC) in Cell 'Wilderness' (00005E08) (20, 22) in WorldSpace 'Tamriel' (0000003C)

@straub666 said:

@andalaybay said:
Yep, got it. Thanks V.

Hi Vorians, firstly thanks for the ongoing support of UL, can never have a playthrough without them all installed :)
Now to my question for AndalayBay - any news on the updated AN Weather Filter, I haven't been able to find any news on it other than this thread? Or if you have already uploaded it somewhere a nudge in the right direction would be great :)
Cheers, straub666

Not yet. Sorry, I've been busy with other stuff lately. I was going to take a look at a few other things with AN as well.

The Assimilation Lab

Ugh. Since I can't edit my posts... here's another one:

Silverfish, cell 28,-7: Rock 000C5FDC (and the one next to it) need to be lowered a bit.

And more stuff.

UL Blackwood: 
* Altar 06039B in cell ULBWFMiridith is floating.
* There are also two mythic enemy spawns (I realize the place is only half-finished, but you might want to remove those, at least, given the place is flooded and several are buried in rocks).
* The map marker for the oblivion gate (cell 27,-38 is floating).

@walkerinshadows said:

Found some stuff for you:
==Aspen Wood (I think - its Aposevurio's Beacon)==
10,42: Rock 01B0898 is buried inside a larger rock. 
==Skingrad Outskirts==
-12,2: Foundation stone 1A00D) is floating (you could raise the ground to cover the gap)
-13,1: The water rapids tiles (1A0010, et al) are misaligned.
==Cliffs of Anvil==
28,-8: Rock 011900B4 needs to be adjusted to cover the base of the Ayleid pillar above it. Also, the map marker is floating.
And some errors from the CSE:
[CS] PathGrid for cell xultepscornedholdout - contains point with no connections at (-1039.98, 3315.51, 2620.00)
[CS] Pathgrid for cell Wilderness (-16, 31) in world Tamriel contains 370 inter-grid connections.
[CS] Pathgrid for cell Wilderness (44, -3) in world Tamriel contains 308 inter-grid connections.
[CS] Pathgrid for cell Wilderness (45, -3) in world Tamriel contains 297 inter-grid connections.
[CS] Pathgrid for cell Wilderness (47, -8) in world Tamriel contains 204 inter-grid connections.
[CS] Pathgrid for cell Wilderness (46, 9) in world Tamriel contains 211 inter-grid connections.
[CS] Could not find previous idle (011A059C) for IDLE Form 'xulsocreatureschickenIdleAnimsgetupfaceup' (011A059B).
[CS] Could not find previous idle (011A059D) for IDLE Form 'xulsocreatureschickenIdleAnimsgetupfacedown' (011A059C).
[CS] Could not find previous idle (011A059E) for IDLE Form 'xulsocreatureschickenIdleAnimschicksleeping' (011A059D).
[CS] Could not find previous idle (011A05A3) for IDLE Form 'xulsoCreaturespigIdleAnimslookleft' (011A05A2).
[CS] Could not find previous idle (011A05A5) for IDLE Form 'xulsoCreaturespigIdleAnimslookright' (011A05A3).
[CS] Reference attached to wrong cell for its location:
REFR Form '' (0006E42A) to LVLC form 'LL1WildernessPlains' (000343DC) in Cell 'Wilderness' (00005E08) (20, 22) in WorldSpace 'Tamriel' (0000003C)

@walkerinshadows said:

Ugh. Since I can't edit my posts... here's another one:
Silverfish, cell 28,-7: Rock 000C5FDC (and the one next to it) need to be lowered a bit.

@walkerinshadows said:

And more stuff.
UL Blackwood:  * Altar 06039B in cell ULBWFMiridith is floating. * There are also two mythic enemy spawns (I realize the place is only half-finished, but you might want to remove those, at least, given the place is flooded and several are buried in rocks). * The map marker for the oblivion gate (cell 27,-38 is floating).

Thanks Walker, I have noted those for any future updates. Those CSE consoles are messages rather than errors - any about cells containing inter-grid connections or missing previous idles are harmless.

Annoyingly, the old private Unique Landscapes Council forum (which was set up on a free site long before Arthmoor and I had heard of Unique Landscapes) no longer exists, I just tried to access it only to end up on a "this forum no longer exists" page. The Council forum contained historical Council discussions (largely in German) about released ULs from before they were released, as well as some which were abandoned or never more than ideas, but it also contained my list of reported issues like those Walker just posted about, so unfortunately anything which has been reported to be fixed between the release of v2 of every UL and today is lost (thankfully that wasn't much, but it's still annoying). I guess the site owners emailed whoever originally set that forum up, but as that person is no longer part of Oblivion modding the message never reached us. Oh well, can't be helped.