Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Are some streamers just bad?

Sorry but after watching a lot (Over 30 hours) of the Greenbrier event videos I have come to the impression that some people have memories and attention spans of goldfish. Sorry, I exaggerate. The Goldfish's memory span of 3 seconds is longer than what some people have.

I won't be so rude as to link the gameplay videos where I saw the behaviour but when you see someone open their inventory and click through it multiple times and try to equip items that they are not high enough level to equip, you start to wonder what they are smoking. I saw one person try to equip a shotgun (Level 5) when they were only level 3 and it was greyed out. They tried 5 times to equip it and each time it flashed up a 'Too low to use' message. How they didn't understand that I have no idea but seeing them try over and over to equip it as if the game didn't understand what they were trying to do?

Or seeing a player wandering in a circle, going back and forth, as if they couldn't decide on what to do. I couldn't see anything exciting to me on screen, it was just a wooded area with a stream yet they went back to the road, turned, went back to the stream and then back to the road, over and over. WTF? 

Sure I screw up in games and make idiotic decisions yet this total lack of …. I don't know what to call it, but it's like they can't make decisions or get caught in trying to understand what the game is saying when it's stating what the problem is.

Or am I just imagining things? (Hope not, I am taking my meds properly, Lots of RadX and Psycho, as prescribed by my doctor.)

It's why nobody will ever see me stream, would probably do stupid things, say stupid things, and generally look inefficient once immortalised to film, while in my mind I'm an awesome gamer 😏

I saw it too, you’re not alone. A few of the streamers blamed it on being keyboard mouse players and the event forcing them to use Xbox one controllers. It still doesn’t explain it though unless half the people at the event had never played an FPS game before.

@Chaon said:

Sorry but after watching a lot (Over 30 hours) of the Greenbrier event videos I have come to the impression that some people have memories and attention spans of goldfish. Sorry, I exaggerate. The Goldfish's memory span of 3 seconds is longer than what some people have.
I won't be so rude as to link the gameplay videos where I saw the behaviour but when you see someone open their inventory and click through it multiple times and try to equip items that they are not high enough level to equip, you start to wonder what they are smoking. I saw one person try to equip a shotgun (Level 5) when they were only level 3 and it was greyed out. They tried 5 times to equip it and each time it flashed up a 'Too low to use' message. How they didn't understand that I have no idea but seeing them try over and over to equip it as if the game didn't understand what they were trying to do?
Or seeing a player wandering in a circle, going back and forth, as if they couldn't decide on what to do. I couldn't see anything exciting to me on screen, it was just a wooded area with a stream yet they went back to the road, turned, went back to the stream and then back to the road, over and over. WTF? 
Sure I screw up in games and make idiotic decisions yet this total lack of …. I don't know what to call it, but it's like they can't make decisions or get caught in trying to understand what the game is saying when it's stating what the problem is.
Or am I just imagining things? (Hope not, I am taking my meds properly, Lots of RadX and Psycho, as prescribed by my doctor.)

That's why I dont watch any live stream stuff. If i need info or anything I just look for Oxborn or Juicehead on YT

@Rarrrie said:

@Chaon said:

That's why I dont watch any live stream stuff. If i need info or anything I just look for Oxborn or Juicehead on YT

I remember the good old days when you could just read one paragraph and know exactly what to do, I really hate having to watch a 40 minute video to learn something that could have been said in a few sentences.

Yeah, the quality of Youtubers isnt exacly high atm. 

These people were probably high as hell on adrenaline with all they'd been through that weekend and finally getting to sit down to play. I'd chalk it up to giddyiness. 

you have to consider the pressure of the time constraint and wanting to see as much as possible in the game , so some people werent exactly smooth , there is a learning curve with and new game , no need to be so judgemental

@Razorpony said:

These people were probably high as hell on adrenaline with all they'd been through that weekend and finally getting to sit down to play. I'd chalk it up to giddyiness. 

many of them were probably also getting nauseous with the massive frame rate drops.

I mean who the hell showcases a new game on an xbox running at 4k?

get them to sit down at a monster pc and play the game and I am sure there would have been a massive improvement to gameplay.

I don't think that's the case. You have to consider: 

1. It is a new game and not exactly like Fallout 4 so, there is going to be a bit of a learning curve. 

2. A lot of streamers are more than likely PC players and probably not use to a controller. 

3. Your focus when watching a game is much different from when you're playing. 

Many times I saw someone pass up a nice weapon or some good loot and was yelling at my monitor "No, you totally missed it!" Lol. But, of course they are focused on something else entirely. There were also times when I'd hear an enemy either close behind or off to one side just out of view and they didn't seem to notice so, maybe the sound wasn't all that great with their set-up either. 

Okay guys, I wasn't trying to insult people, I was more cheesed off at the behaviour they were showing that had no sense to it. ie. Trying to equip a weapon 5 times when the game tells them it is too high level to be equipped.

1) I would class this as 90% same as Fallout 4 with some unique parts like the emoji wheel, the quickwheel and weapons/gear requiring levels.

2) Yeah I could see that with a lot of them. I tried to give them that benefit.

3) Yeah have to give them all that.

Oh yeah, saw that a lot. And I found myself at times shouting at the screen, 'No, go back, you missed a better weapon. No, no, repair it, don't drop it.'

@Silvius_Fox said:

@Rarrrie said:
@Chaon said: That's why I dont watch any live stream stuff. If i need info or anything I just look for Oxborn or Juicehead on YT

I remember the good old days when you could just read one paragraph and know exactly what to do, I really hate having to watch a 40 minute video to learn something that could have been said in a few sentences.

Im so on point with you on that. They have to make stuff into these shows and stuff. It really does suck having to go through all the crap to find out what you want. The bad thing is what you wanna know will be the title of it. Then half way in bring it up for 2 or 3 min on a 20 min viedo the rest just fluff. I hate it!!!!

@beyasal said:

@Razorpony said:

many of them were probably also getting nauseous with the massive frame rate drops.

get them to sit down at a monster pc and play the game and I am sure there would have been a massive improvement to gameplay.

Bethesda, thats who.

@Chaon said:

Okay guys, I wasn't trying to insult people, I was more cheesed off at the behaviour they were showing that had no sense to it. ie. Trying to equip a weapon 5 times when the game tells them it is too high level to be equipped.
1) I would class this as 90% same as Fallout 4 with some unique parts like the emoji wheel, the quickwheel and weapons/gear requiring levels.
2) Yeah I could see that with a lot of them. I tried to give them that benefit.
3) Yeah have to give them all that.
Oh yeah, saw that a lot. And I found myself at times shouting at the screen, 'No, go back, you missed a better weapon. No, no, repair it, don't drop it.'

even many comments on footage are of people feeling sick watching it due to the dropping frame rates, imagine having to play a game when the game is occasionally dipping to single digits.  At the end of 3 hours many of them probably had a hangover. 

this would directly affect how people play the game, it would also make them have trouble concentrating.

many of the youtubers who have posted footage have dedicated Fallout and/or Bethesda channels.

while there were probably some who are not familiar with fallout 4, the various footage I have seen are from channels I am subscribed to and they are very familiar with fallout 4 and previous fallout games.

@beyasal said:

@Razorpony said:

yes but then folk say , ye they showed the game off on a 3000 dollar pc , why not show us what we can expect on console/ reasonable rig. anthem got critiscised for that and spiderman got some stick for its e3 demo not being representative of release graphics.

@ginzomega said:

@beyasal said:
@Razorpony said:

yes but then folk say , ye they showed the game off on a 3000 dollar pc , why not show us what we can expect on console/ reasonable rig. anthem got critiscised for that and spiderman got some stick for its e3 demo not being representative of release graphics.

youtube compression reduces the quality of the footage, people would have to take that in mind, the footage they receive will not be that of a high end pc but more akin to the footage they would get off a mid range pc without compression.

they could have at least not had the game playing at 4k though, an xbox trying to render an open world game in 4k, what the hell were they thinking?

Don't forget these people have had a flight, long drive, hardly any sleep, hyped up, probably overdosing on caffiene and then put through a game

Whenever I watch the gameplay videos I just want to shout at them about all the cool loot they're ignoring or enemies that they don't seem to see in plain sight. 😆 However, I don't think that they get to keep the accounts/progress from the event, so it wasn't really important for them to grab everything. They just wanted to see as much stuff as they could. Add in playing on an unfamiliar setup, weird frame rates and most likely tiredness and distraction from being in a room filled with other players ... I wouldn't be the most efficient player either!

also remember that they are in a large room with a bunch of people making noise and sitting with 4 others conversing with them. High level of distraction. Not to mention that they have what they will show, making notes etc.

@Chaon said:

if you had a maximum of 3 hours, had no idea of what to do in game and wanted to make sure to cover things nobody else will, wouldnt you be in a fluster?