Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Pip-Boy

I'm not particularly impressed by the model of Pip-Boy I've seen in the videos.  Its probably because Fallout 4 was my introduction to the series, but it just looks extra clunky and that is saying something in Fallout.  I find myself hoping that one of the cosmetic microtransactions lets up change the model of our pip-boy not just the color or theme.  Oy, Bethesda, I'll pay you to make a the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy a thing in Fallout 76...

@Kieran said:

I'm not particularly impressed by the model of Pip-Boy I've seen in the videos.  Its probably because Fallout 4 was my introduction to the series, but it just looks extra clunky and that is saying something in Fallout.  I find myself hoping that one of the cosmetic microtransactions lets up change the model of our pip-boy not just the color or theme.  Oy, Bethesda, I'll pay you to make a the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy a thing in Fallout 76...

Fallout 76 takes place before all the other Fallout games so maybe the Pipboy in this game is the older version.

I also think Bethesda has made a tradition of redesigning the pipboy for each new fallout game.

@Kieran said:

Just think of this Pip-Boy as the Nokia of their day. Over time it gets improved and you end up with an iPhone but you still have to deal with the clunky looking and feeling Nokia first.

@Sadishist said:

@Kieran said:
 Fallout 76 takes place before all the other Fallout games so maybe the Pipboy in this game is the older version.

Well, in theory, all of them were designed before the war so that shouldn't be a thing...but with Bethesda who knows.

<edited to fix a typo>

@Kieran said:

@Sadishist said:
@Kieran said:
 Well, in theory, all of them were designed before the war so that shouldn't be an thing...but with Bethesda who knows.

Yeah its def possible, it will be interesting to see what they do with pipboy cosmetics......I want a Commieboy lol.

The earlier vaults were stocked with the current Pip-boys, and they never exchanged them for newer versions. So the reason why Fallout 76 has a more chunky Pip-boy then Fallout 4 for is because vault 76 was built and stocked before vault 111.

@Vulcan300 said:

The earlier vaults were stocked with the current Pip-boys, and they never exchanged them for newer versions. So the reason why Fallout 76 has a more chunky Pip-boy then Fallout 4 for is because vault 76 was built and stocked before vault 111.

True but there are other vaults in WV and its possible they closed with enough time between each other to be stocked with something different. Its not 100% but it could be enough for something like a cosmetic.

@Vulcan300 said:

That is a reasonable answer to why they look different, of course, as PLAOperative noted there is nothing that prevents us from finding (or microtransactioning) our way into a more up-to-date look.

Pimp-Boy 3 Billion is as good as it will get.

@beyasal said:

Pimp-Boy 3 Billion is as good as it will get.

I'm having flashbacks of the Stomping Land Glasses in Ark lol.