Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

I have never used this product before... I would like to test it before paying nearly 100€... Beta Test it if you will

Frankly I find it very exploitative to make people preorder to be able to participate in the beta... how can I make a decision on wether I would spend a lot of money and time on the game if I cant even beta test it?

@Vlad199191 said:

Frankly I find it very exploitative to make people preorder to be able to participate in the beta... how can I make a decision on wether I would spend a lot of money and time on the game if I cant even beta test it?

The Beta is not meant for trying before buying. It is about finding bugs, glitches, and offering constructive feedback

so you are telling me you got to pay to do their work?

@Erzherzoghans said:

@Vlad199191 said:
 The Beta is not meant for trying before buying. It is about finding bugs, glitches, and offering constructive feedback

so we will be doing actual work and have to pay money for that?

You don't HAVE to do anything.  You CHOOSE to participate in a paid early access that is for amusing marketing purposes referred to as b.e.t.a.

A couple of weeks pre-release is not an professional development beta phase. Oh, holdon  ...

@Vlad199191 said:

You have to pay to help with their work. I highly doubt there are enough people working at Bethesda to fully stress test the game and figure out how to handle the massive numbers or players and servers that will be needed. Not to mention how well the servers will handle that many connections.

As an added bonus, you get to play and experience their game before anyone else. While to most of us this can be seen as just a minor thing, to people like streamers and such this type of early access to a game can translate directly into money.

What you should ask yourself Is “why do I have a problem paying for the game I intend to buy which gives me early acces when I wouldn’t be able to play the game without paying for it anyway?”

@Maijeral said:

@Vlad199191 said:
 You have to pay to help with their work. I highly doubt there are enough people working at Bethesda to fully stress test the game and figure out how to handle the massive numbers or players and servers that will be needed. Not to mention how well the servers will handle that many connections.
As an added bonus, you get to play and experience their game before anyone else. While to most of us this can be seen as just a minor thing, to people like streamers and such this type of early access to a game can translate directly into money.
What you should ask yourself Is “why do I have a problem paying for the game I intend to buy which gives me early acces when I wouldn’t be able to play the game without paying for it anyway?”

what if i don't know if i want to buy it? and the videos of someone else playing it never is the same as playing it yourself... but games can never be returned at the same price if you don't like them specially if its digital download... there used to be demos to try... i mean this is a game that is gonna cost me 80 euro and probably if i know Bethesda about 300 hours of my time... so before I buy it and let my obsessive compulsive coalitionist be unleashed i need to know if I will like it

You don't want a Beta test you want a demo. Sorry they seem to mostly be extinct now.

@Vlad199191 said:

No, you can just play the game, but you get to play it earlier. Or you can wait until November 14th and purchase the game for the exact same amount.  

I can understand wanting to know if you’ll enjoy a game before buying it, but not all games have demos. Not many have demos, actually - at least not nowadays. Later on they may do a “demo month” or something to try to attract more players, but definitely not this early. The best I can really advise is wait until others start streaming the game, or wait a year or so for a potential event.

@Vlad199191 said:

@Maijeral said:
@Vlad199191 said:
 what if i don't know if i want to buy it? and the videos of someone else playing it never is the same as playing it yourself... but games can never be returned at the same price if you don't like them specially if its digital download... there used to be demos to try... i mean this is a game that is gonna cost me 80 euro and probably if i know Bethesda about 300 hours of my time... so before I buy it and let my obsessive compulsive coalitionist be unleashed i need to know if I will like it

Go to friends house who bought it and play it there. Or rent it, Idk if redbox is a thing in europe.

I was going to pre-order glad I didn't. After watching the gameplay online I think I'll stick give this one a miss. Bethesda has lost it!

@Vlad199191 said:

Hey, there's hope for you yet. If you wait I'm sure Bethesda (like many other online games) will give players free weekend events to try to entice players into playing. Might be six months to a year after release but you'll be able to test out the game before you buy it.

If you want to get in early you gotta pay. Sorry man.

@Vlad199191 said:

you clearly never grew up in the days when all you had to see if you liked a game before you bought it was a few pictures in a magazine. 

well, you've got pictures of 76 and you also have gameplay videos on youtube along with reviews, anyone should be able to make their minds up from that alone, as for me, I made my mind up when I knew there was a new fallout game coming.

@Vlad199191 said:

@Maijeral said:
@Vlad199191 said:

If you don't know if you want to buy it... wait for a demo to come out after launch?

Wait for others to play it and review it.  Simple!

You CAN actually play the beta as a DEMO
You can preorder the game at a retailer, then get the beta access code. Then you can play the beta, and still cancel your preorder before launch.

@Erzherzoghans said:

@Vlad199191 said:

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Yes, that's what an actual Beta is.  The B.E.T.A. is not that, however.  It's a server load test at best, and a deceptive marketing gimmick on all levels.

Vlad, I'm sorry to say that the era of easy demos is past.  However, based on the gameplay footage we do have, if you enjoyed Fallout 4, odds are good that you'll find an enjoyable time in Fallout 76.  You'll want to make sure you have a reliable internet connection, and it looks like there are no monthly fees or pay-to-win microtransactions.  Your $60 USD (or regional equivalent) should get you the whole experience.

Hi Vlad, Sadly the days of pre-release free demos are mostly long gone

As mentioned, you can cancel a pre-order if you wish.

Personally, i am a tad disappointed by Bethesdas marketing ploy of announcing a BETA that is really just a stress test, and a limited one at that. But i will still be buying the game having seen decent footage now, as i love the fallout universe and have wanted to roam with friends ever since playing Fallout 3.

The game may not be as wholesome and fullsome as Fallout 4, but then it I’s not supposed to be Fallout 5 either (so far as we are aware anyhow lol)

Oh, and i remember playing games when, nevermind having just a few pics in a magazine to go on, you had to type in several hundred or even thousand lines of Basic or MachineCode to even play the game as free audiotape copies were too expensive to give away :-D

@knyghtbyte said:

Hi Vlad, Sadly the days of pre-release free demos are mostly long gone
As mentioned, you can cancel a pre-order if you wish.
Personally, i am a tad disappointed by Bethesdas marketing ploy of announcing a BETA that is really just a stress test, and a limited one at that. But i will still be buying the game having seen decent footage now, as i love the fallout universe and have wanted to roam with friends ever since playing Fallout 3.
The game may not be as wholesome and fullsome as Fallout 4, but then it I’s not supposed to be Fallout 5 either (so far as we are aware anyhow lol)
Oh, and i remember playing games when, nevermind having just a few pics in a magazine to go on, you had to type in several hundred or even thousand lines of Basic or MachineCode to even play the game as free audiotape copies were too expensive to give away :-D

Hey, well on x360 nearly every game had a demo.... and this argument of we used to go by one pic in a magazine is foolish to me, I mean we used to not have smartphones too and before that general plumbing... doesnt stop me from making sure my house has a decent toilet before i buy it and making sure my phone can browse internet while i am on the said toilet...

Peoples outrage at a simple and quite fair request of train the product before paying for it is baffling. I mean you try a car, you try on shoes... god damn it you even try fruits at a market... we are talking about 70euro and 100+ hours of my time here, minimum wage where i ma is 11euro that is 1100 euro worth of time minimum... Its only fait to ask what is it i am buying before I spend my cash on it. And no reviews on youtube and websites are not trust worthy... I mean when IGNs review of XBOX one came along the next video they uploaded was sponsored by Playstation no wonder PS4 got better score form them