Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Why consoles first?

Fallout started on PC, so PC should get the beta before any console does.

I can almost promise you, almost every person on console will play it for a short period, meanwhile PC players will be playing for years to come.

[Moderator note:  edited to remove insult.]

Because they made a deal with Xbox, Xbox pays Beth money and helps with advertising so Beth lets them get it first.

After a week it'll be virtually forgotten.

Ah the harsh realities of marketing budgets, platform deals and press coverage for consumer product launches.

@Weandi said:

As a PC player I can agree with this. 😁

@Weandi said:

I can almost promise you, almost every person on console will play it for a short period, meanwhile PC players will be playing for years to come.
Why cater to a crowd with low attention spans?

Because console game sales make WAY more money than pc. PC gamers are the minority, Despite your “pc elite” attitude. I can assure you that you have 0 prof to back up your “attention span” claim.

BTW I play pc as well.

Because  consoles is where majority of gamers are nowadays, and that  MS and BGS have always had good relations - least in public.  Also it was said already in E3 - they even visited Microsoft panel anyway and showed clip of game before they had their own panel. Also XBox  deserves some love too.

Microsoft most likely payed to have the beta release on Xbox One first, that's it... PS4 and PC have the same beta dates.

@ubitemypill0 said:

@Weandi said:
Fallout started on PC, so PC should get the beta before any console does. I can almost promise you, almost every person on console will play it for a short period, meanwhile PC players will be playing for years to come. Why cater to a crowd with low attention spans?
Because console game sales make WAY more money than pc. PC gamers are the minority, Despite your “pc elite” attitude. I can assure you that you have 0 prof to back up your “attention span” claim.
BTW I play pc as well.

Im a PC gamer first and foremost but the money is on consoles these days and that's why consoles get all the best games first or exclusively.  No one is questioning that the PC can be better in terms of graphics, framerate etc and maybe long term sales of a game.  But I hate when PC gamers call console gamers stupid or less of a gamer because their game on console. 

@Weandi said:

What makes you think that? In the past year I have at least started another run on FO3, NV, SSE, and FO4...I still jump on GTAV once in a while...all on, yup you guessed it, my console...

@Weandi said:

Probably could've posted this without that comment...but since your attention span is so much higher than mine, you'd know that they are a business and are going where the larger audience is, which is console users...

there were no consoles then.

@Weandi said:

it doesn't really matter who gets it first, we all get full release on the same day..... heres what Pete Hines has to say on the matter.

[Moderator note:  edited to remove insult.]

the entire call of duty series.

all console gamers claim to own a pc, and we pc gamers know..... that gateway from 1999 isnt a gaming pc.

that whole "there are more console gamers" doesnt hold up, idgaf who you are.

https://www.statista.com/stati...

@Kyra said:

Because  consoles is where majority of gamers are nowadays, and that  MS and BGS have always had good relations - least in public.  Also it was said already in E3 - they even visited Microsoft panel anyway and showed clip of game before they had their own panel. Also XBox  deserves some love too.

In the US, UK, Japan, and a few other countries consoles are the top choice after mobile platforms, in the majority of countries though the PC is the top gaming platform after mobile platforms, but their numbers are dwarfed by video game sales figures in the US, UK, and Japan.  Interesting that the country that developed the PC, the USA, has taken a preference to a gaming platform made predominant by Japan.

@Weandi said:

that whole "there are more console gamers" doesnt hold up, idgaf who you are.
https://www.statista.com/stati...

What is relevance of this link regarding topic at hand - what this is supposed to show ?

https://www.wepc.com/news/vide...  Go wild on statistics (the overview contains links to sources if you insist claiming that PC is somehow superior in gaming - it isn't - it is just ONE platform of many). :)

Oh and what comes to latest Bethesda games -  XB1 alone sells more copies than PC versions. And PS4 versions beat alone both XB and PC combined.  

It's about half according to this article. Console slightly led the market in 2017.  PC at 32.3 billion and Console sales at 33.3 billion. Mobile games are making a killing at 50 billion. 

https://www.dsogaming.com/news...

@FillyFae said:

Wandering around 76 threads and feel like I should be giving out buckets of hugs.

You should. The forums need a bit of positivity and hearts, and unicorns  and few mini nukes and  rad-cakes :)

@NukaRanger said:

It's about half according to this article. Console slightly led the market in 2017.  PC at 32.3 billion and Console sales at 33.3 billion. Mobile games are making a killing 50 billion. 
https://www.dsogaming.com/news...

Those are interesting numbers....however, highly anticipated games like Fallout, GTA, CoD etc...and probably any video game made available for all platforms, PS and Xbox will have a higher fanbase than PC, and therefore sell more games to either console over PC...(I'm not a fanboy of any gaming platform..I prefer PlayStation for its controls, and grew up playing PS, and have owned an Xbox and a 360, just don't have time for both consoles anymore...but I prefer to play Minecraft on PC lol...oh also I have or have had almost every Nintendo device that has come out)

PC has a lot of games that never go to consoles.