Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Why are the enemies so weak?

We see footage of people fighting lv50 scorch monsters while the players are at level 5, taking direct shots from its sonic attack, and it does peanuts to their health? these are unarmored, unskilled, and low leveled players, and they're able to put up more that a challenge for this beast to contend with? the scorch beast should have slaughter all of them in a matter of seconds. What is going on with the damage in 76? 

It was a demonstration event, not a true representation of gameplay difficulty. Obviously Bethesda didn't want everyone to repeatedly die or grind the same low level enemies during there limited playtime.

Every group was assigned a Bethesda employee as a guide. Each of these guides were high level. Some perk cards had aura like affects according the gameinformer stream. Most likely the Bethesda guide had some type of damage reduction aura cards. 

Because when you watch people playing a lone I think it was Mrmatty trying to fight a ghoul higher level then him he gets destroyed.

well on game we can see it but i think its fine its the start... and things get tough and more rewarding because pipe guns and starter loot is like introduction to the game...

@Zarth said:

We see footage of people fighting lv50 scorch monsters while the players are at level 5, taking direct shots from its sonic attack, and it does peanuts to their health? these are unarmored, unskilled, and low leveled players, and they're able to put up more that a challenge for this beast to contend with? the scorch beast should have slaughter all of them in a matter of seconds. What is going on with the damage in 76? 

I seen that to, also I"ve seen 3 level 5's take down a death claw with pipe pistols on "death claw island ( that little patch of land in the middle of the river left/west of vault 76 ). I think this has to do with the event more so than the final launch version itself, i hope so anyways.....but this must be the case because in this clip you can see levels 6/7"s destroy a level 59 dev in full x-o1 power amour and so much damage is applied to him he rag dolls like crazy.

Time stamp: 23.00 mins. Notice the amount of damage he takes on his health bar from the first shotgun hit. About 1/4 of his health....damm 😱

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

Its not that the enemies are weak, its just devs tend to suck at playing, they just cheat everywhere they can.

@Hemaan said:

Its not that the enemies are weak, its just devs tend to suck at playing, they just cheat everywhere they can.

I don’t think they suck at their own game necessarily. I am pretty sure the devs, made themselves easy targets to give the players a better experience

@Zarth said:

It depends on which video you watch. Two of the players take all the aggro and die multiple times, but they can instant respawn/fast travel to their team. So as long as one guy is alive and keeping the fight going, they can't effectively lose.

The Scorchbeast dosn't do enough damage to wipe them and it doesn't have good multi-combatant attacks. It's an exploit, if you watch the guys taking all the aggro and damage, you'll see they don't even use stimpacks because there's no penalty to dying.

@MeanGhost said:

@Hemaan said:
 I don’t think they suck at their own game necessarily. I am pretty sure the devs, made themselves easy targets to give the players a better experience

PR guys dont suck at playing? Really. Marketting team likes to eat at fine restaurants after work. 

@Hemaan said:

@MeanGhost said:
@Hemaan said:
 PR guys dont suck at playing? Really. Marketting team likes to eat at fine restaurants after work. 

The devs playing is not necessarily PR. Also just because you are PR doesn't make you bad at video games.

@Nidhoggr said:

It was a demonstration event, not a true representation of gameplay difficulty. Obviously Bethesda didn't want everyone to repeatedly die or grind the same low level enemies during there limited playtime.

Nope. Pete Hines said on Twitter that they didn't lower the difficulty for the event.

It's probably because the noobtubers are playing. It's clear that most of them never played a Fallout game before and Bethesda knows that. And I am angry that they got to play and the die hard fans who supported the Fallout series are sitting this one back. I am by no means a die hard fan. I like the game series but I'm not crazy about it. 

But I am still upset that at least a few of the die hard fans were not invited. I would love to watch worth while footage from those kind of people even if the editing wouldn't be so great and even if it would be just raw footage. Instead we we are forced to watch the youtubers run around like headless chickens, discovering the Fallout universe for the first time. Most of them are not even up to date with the latest info and news about the game. There was a guy that just discovered that you get irradiated if you go in the water.....

@claudiu111 said:

It's probably because the noobtubers are playing. It's clear that most of them never played a Fallout game before and Bethesda knows that. And I am angry that they got to play and the die hard fans who supported the Fallout series are sitting this one back. I am by no means a die hard fan. I like the game series but I'm not crazy about it. 
But I am still upset that at least a few of the die hard fans were not invited. I would love to watch worth while footage from those kind of people even if the editing wouldn't be so great and even if it would be just raw footage. Instead we we are forced to watch the youtubers run around like headless chickens, discovering the Fallout universe for the first time. Most of them are not even up to date with the latest info and news about the game. There was a guy that just discovered that you get irradiated if you go in the water.....

Bethesda forced them to play on an xbox with an xbox controller, at 4k, stuttering and lagging like crazy.  I was expecting a worse performance from many of them.

@ShadowFoxx0010110 said:

@Zarth said:
 I seen that to, also I"ve seen 3 level 5's take down a death claw with pipe pistols on "death claw island ( that little patch of land in the middle of the river left/west of vault 76 ). I think this has to do with the event more so than the final launch version itself, i hope so anyways.....but this must be the case because in this clip you can see levels 6/7"s destroy a level 59 dev in full x-o1 power amour and so much damage is applied to him he rag dolls like crazy.
Time stamp: 23.00 mins. Notice the amount of damage he takes on his health bar from the first shotgun hit. About 1/4 of his health....damm 😱 https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

Well, PvP damage has already been stated to scale much differently than PvE, so I'm not surprised that a group of players were able to gang up and take out a high level dev who was on their own. I remember Pete Hines or Todd Howard saying something about 'a guy with a knife' standing a chance against a guy in power armor if they get the drop on them. The outcome of a PvP fight is going to have a lot more with what you DO than what level you or your equipment is.

@Nidhoggr said:

I really hope so cuz that 'die gimme another' (See Call of Duty) and slowly whittle away an end-game boss type monster as an 'eventuality', from level ~5 at that.... I HATE THAT TYPE OF GAMEPLAY, but it seems death is meaningless here.  Too many soft gamers.

I also hope a level 2 player would get murdered by an 18 MOB or at least have to play VERY well for quite awhile to beat it with a starting gun (assuming the 18 was melee only, if it had a ranged attack, forget it).

I also hope that multiple deaths within a short time begin to accrue a respawn delay timer.

@Zarth said:

A lot of things were tweaked to let people see things that they, after only 3 hours of game play, would not live to see or at least not more than a few seconds.  I'm sure the released game will be much more balanced and may even require further balance fixes.

@TroopperFoFo said:

Every group was assigned a Bethesda employee as a guide. Each of these guides were high level. Some perk cards had aura like affects according the gameinformer stream. Most likely the Bethesda guide had some type of damage reduction aura cards. 
Because when you watch people playing a lone I think it was Mrmatty trying to fight a ghoul higher level then him he gets destroyed.

And probably event specific cards the guides had to stop the players getting nuked at that by high level beasties

@Dogwoggle said:

@Nidhoggr said:
 Nope. Pete Hines said on Twitter that they didn't lower the difficulty for the event.

Well that's depressing. I guess the atrocious enemy AI is finalised too then. 

@RedactedByRobco said:

@Dogwoggle said:
@Nidhoggr said:
 Well that's depressing. I guess the atrocious enemy AI is finalised too then. 

This is Bethesda. The AI will be stupid as in every Fallout and TES game.

@Zarth said:

They say it's survival light, which says to me 76 will seem crazy easy to anyone used to FO4 survival mode.