Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

To those of you that use BJ, Death Knight, and Clutch in Duel......

How do you sleep at night? 

@ninjasquid11653 said:

Thanks for laugh this thread is awesome :D

I aggre they are so strong.

I sleep very well, Thx.

But a good question "Why to use Clutch or any OP champion in match".

I can explain. Because I hate 90% of other players. No respect to those people who do next things (and most of them considering as a normal playstyle):

- Players who spam NailGun \ Tribolt everywhere they can.
- Players who play with high ping or through VPN (it's a total mess with LG in favor of lagger)
- Players who use some abusive strategies (like taking both items as Ranger on Awoken using sphere)
- Players who hardly abuse spawn points as Visor (you literally don't have any chance if you die just once on specific maps).
- Players who play Slash or Anarki (maybe they not OP, but with current netcode it's total mess with damage registration on these characters
(I can write here a lot of other things that annoy me enough)

I feel no respect to all these type of players. And I feel no shame to use Clutch. I want to put all these upstarts to place they belong.

Skill is not counting to 30, not controlling the map and not your aim. It's how you react on non-standard situations, otherwords abstract thinking. And if my opponent can deal with Clutch or BJ it's best way to prove his has real brain.

I feel no respect to all these type of players. And I feel no shame to use Clutch. I want to put all these upstarts to place they belong.

Skill is not counting to 30, not controlling the map and not your aim. It's how you react on non-standard situations, otherwords abstract thinking. And if my opponent can deal with Clutch or BJ it's best way to prove his has real brain.

Game is a damn joke, completely unbalanced nonsense.

Its now down to the point that Knight is a 1 click kill but yet my Champion's ability pretty much gets me killed each time I use it and is almost worthless..

This is not Quake, it is kiddie nonsense !!

Cmon, why is the list so short?

What about Galena with her pocket megahealth?

Ranger with his instakill in the QC duel format where every frag matters?

Sorlag with her weird strafe animation you cannot aim at?

Doom and Ranger for their ability to steal both major items?

Nyx and Visor for their ability to run away all the round to win a fight by timeout?

Visor for the legal cheat?

I don't recall if they fixed Keel's ability abuse? But I've seen a lot when they ran a macro to shoot all 5 grenades together. It was just instakill in close combat.

I could continue. But seriously. Higher skill players easily counter my meta in duels. Clutch? You can't miss a rail at him. SSG is just deadly to him. SNG is also a good one especially if you can trap him to a narrow way when he tries to catch you.

BJ? Couple good rockets make him impossible to aim at you.

And of course for all champs you should make you opponent to waste his ability and then do an attack. It's easier for slow champs like BJ. Not so easy against Clutch, but still doable, you just need to stay an good spot and plan your runaway.

Death Knight is obviously an OP now. But surprisingly I don't see him much in duels. And I don't use him either.

Thought this would be a serious post.Made me chuckle.Not disappointed.

Do not think me a troll but stop complaining about Clutch. I have played him 25 hours and I tell you he sucks in duels and everywhere else except bots. Everyone knows it, that's why almost nobody picks him. Only skillful players can use him well. I hope he will get back his first passive ability. 

Good post, a lot humor over real points.

May I ask the question; Abilities are meant to bring out ways of using them in an creative and inspirational way surely. We often associate this as tactics/play styles. Therefore, are these not meant to be as they are, isn't that where the skill comes in, because obviously these tactics are so easy to perform 100% of the time. One is also sure the ones that complain about such maneuvers are only really complaining about them getting fragged and not when they do probably exactly the same the other way round?

I do not think for an instance the game is truly balanced and I really don't think it ever will be (permutation of ability usage is too high)- more of an accepted set of parameters for the majority of the player base. My concern is the balance will be bias towards the few (esports crowd) and not the majority. 

Duel itself is a realm of sweaty tryhards who will often do anything to win and grow their [censored]. They'll use whatever is currently OP and employ the cheesiest tactics available, because they absolutely MUST. WIN. 

@anotherworld268 said:

I sleep very well, Thx.
But a good question "Why to use Clutch or any OP champion in match".
I can explain. Because I hate 90% of other players. No respect to those people who do next things (and most of them considering as a normal playstyle):
- Players who play with high ping or through VPN (it's a total mess with LG in favor of lagger)
- Players who use some abusive strategies (like taking both items as Ranger on Awoken using sphere)
- Players who hardly abuse spawn points as Visor (you literally don't have any chance if you die just once on specific maps).
- Players who play Slash or Anarki (maybe they not OP, but with current netcode it's total mess with damage registration on these characters
(I can write here a lot of other things that annoy me enough)

I agree that adapting to new situations is very important, but there is a point where they are too strong to reliably be better than an opponent. Those 3 are way too strong in duel format (bj+lg =245 dmg in one second, clutch can charge you with rl and you can't do diddly about it, and dk is just annoying) and while they are counter-able, it is incredibly difficult even if you are better in every way than your opponent. They need to be nerfed/reworked somehow. To me clutch is the least powerful of those 3, at least you can rl away or position intelligently, DK is second and bj is pure evil. Lag and other crap are extremely annoying, and the awoken hole should probably be orb/ability proof (only weapons can be useful there, or just remove it completely) but DK and BJ are way way too oppressive to intelligently counter. (I don't know if anything I said made sense so ask me for clarification if needed)

@william-blazkowicz said:

Nyx and Visor for their ability to run away all the round to win a fight by timeout?
I don't recall if they fixed Keel's ability abuse? But I've seen a lot when they ran a macro to shoot all 5 grenades together. It was just instakill in close combat.
I could continue. But seriously. Higher skill players easily counter my meta in duels. Clutch? You can't miss a rail at him. SSG is just deadly to him. SNG is also a good one especially if you can trap him to a narrow way when he tries to catch you.

And of course for all champs you should make you opponent to waste his ability and then do an attack. It's easier for slow champs like BJ. Not so easy against Clutch, but still doable, you just need to stay an good spot and plan your runaway.
Death Knight is obviously an OP now. But surprisingly I don't see him much in duels. And I don't use him either.

Galena's pocket mega is really easy to prevent (only works if all 3 totems are down, so I just shoot them) and I thought sorlag and keel were fixed. For the rest I kind of agree, Ranger's orb is incredibly versatile but if you keep your distance you can almost always avoid instakill, with visor you never know when he's around and that's frustrating, and while BJ is counterable with rockets and positioning, his ability is so powerful that most of the time you have less than a second to react and even if you get him away you're probably too low to risk chasing him. So he survives and later does it again. The problem isn't that they aren't counterable but that it is incredibly difficult to do so reliably and this is especially a problem at lower levels of play (AKA me)

Honestly I think actives have to all be reworked to make them harder to get again and again, making cooldowns really long forces hourglasses, or hourglasses could be 2 or 3 sec instead of 10% reduction, or even remove cooldown and have different champs require different amounts of hourglasses for their ability back and maybe combine that with getting kills and dmg to charge faster (less useful in duel, but in dm and team modes I think it would help this system)

Am I making sense? Because I'm writing this tilted after a duel. :/

@datelderquakepig said:

@william-blazkowicz said:

Galena's pocket mega is really easy to prevent (only works if all 3 totems are down, so I just shoot them) and I thought sorlag and keel were fixed. For the rest I kind of agree, Ranger's orb is incredibly versatile but if you keep your distance you can almost always avoid instakill, with visor you never know when he's around and that's frustrating, and while BJ is counterable with rockets and positioning, his ability is so powerful that most of the time you have less than a second to react and even if you get him away you're probably too low to risk chasing him. So he survives and later does it again. The problem isn't that they aren't counterable but that it is incredibly difficult to do so reliably and this is especially a problem at lower levels of play (AKA me)
Honestly I think actives have to all be reworked to make them harder to get again and again, making cooldowns really long forces hourglasses, or hourglasses could be 2 or 3 sec instead of 10% reduction, or even remove cooldown and have different champs require different amounts of hourglasses for their ability back and maybe combine that with getting kills and dmg to charge faster (less useful in duel, but in dm and team modes I think it would help this system)
Am I making sense? Because I'm writing this tilted after a duel. :/

No it makes sense. The problem is that you have to be better than the opponent just to have a 50% chance of winning. To beat BJ you have to play 4D chess and think 5 steps ahead of him and poke at him for 300 milliseconds at a time and rail him as much as possible before he dual wields. Then you have to land perfect rockets. If a single rocket misses for 1 second, you get melted. 

But if you're BJ, you're just asking yourself "if I dual-wield right now, will I get a kill? No? How about now? No? I'll just run over here randomly then. Now? Yes. Okay lovely he's dead. Let me just grab all the hourglasses and major items while he spawns.....alright lets do it again". And that's it. That's what it takes to use BJ.

@ninjasquid11653 said:

Gonna be honest with you here.  I love making people rage when I utterly destroy them w/ Deathknight :).  When you have ridiculous crap in this game like dual wield, dire orb instakills, etc, may as well allow me to obliterate them back w/ epic proportion fire spam.

Good job guys... way to noob up this 'highly skilled' game even more. 

How dare those people play use tactics that I haven't found a counter against? It is so infuriating!

Seriously, man up and look for counters. There's always something you can do to combat easy-but-strong tactics.

@anotherworld268 said:

This is the new i win button.

Doesn't matter what champion you choose, spam tribolt and you win.

@thenoobzmaster said:

How dare those people play use tactics that I haven't found a counter against? It is so infuriating!
Seriously, man up and look for counters. There's always something you can do to combat easy-but-strong tactics.

You literally cannot counter in this game.. Let alone counter a dual wielding, LG, BJ....

There is seriously a huge misuse of the word, "Counter" in the forums here. If someone is shooting me with an LG out of position and I rocket him to death.. that is not a counter, that is taking advantage of mistakes, not countering. If someone uses Visor's active there is no way to counter that.. this isn't OW where characters have literal counters. (Winston's weapon vs Tracer, Soldier or Mcree vs Pharah)

How do you Counter RG or RL? You don't, you hope your aim is on point is all or leave the fight which both are NOT counters.

The only counter in this game is maybe NYX vs DOT by Sorlag or DK..

You don't counter an active ability in Quake.. You don't counter Quad or Protectio. Or really anything in this game.. 

@dameonrho94 said:

@thenoobzmaster said:
 You literally cannot counter in this game.. Let alone counter a dual wielding, LG, BJ....
There is seriously a huge misuse of the word, "Counter" in the forums here. If someone is shooting me with an LG out of position and I rocket him to death.. that is not a counter, that is taking advantage of mistakes, not countering. If someone uses Visor's active there is no way to counter that.. this isn't OW where characters have literal counters. (Winston's weapon vs Tracer, Soldier or Mcree vs Pharah)
How do you Counter RG or RL? You don't, you hope your aim is on point is all or leave the fight which both are NOT counters.
You don't counter an active ability in Quake.. You don't counter Quad or Protectio. Or really anything in this game.. 

To counterattack, you either meet, exceed, or reduce your competitor's attack.

If Blazko tries to LG you while dual wielding, being a hard target to aim against (or being out of LG range suddenly) makes his attack ineffective. ADADADAD, crouch, jump, rocketboost yourself out of the fight.

If Visor's busy wallhacking you, why not play in the open? Make it worthless for him to see you through the wall, play with the acceptance that he knows where you are. Play close range, focus on weapon combos rather than chipping away HP with rail.

If your enemy fancies chipping you with RG, you PLAY CLOSE to him. SNG+SSG=REKT.

If your enemy likes his rockets and soaring in the air, then throw his aim off with LG and nails.

If your enemy likes tribolt, get out of range or play just a bit too close for his prediction.

Quad: use the element of surprise, counter the weapon quad player is using.

Protection: 1) (if you plan to steal it) long, sustained damage

2) (if you plan to deny it) rocket to the feet, LG - ring out

@dameonrho94 said:

.. this isn't OW where characters have literal counters. (Winston's weapon vs Tracer, Soldier or Mcree vs Pharah)

Why would you assume quake players would know what you are talking about? Only thing I know about OW is that it exists. 

@dameonrho94 said:

@thenoobzmaster said:

Just ignore Noobz he's full of [censored]. Been saying git gud on everything for over a year and doesn't even play duel and has a 27% lg accuracy.

Guess what happens when fight an equal player using BJ. You just lose. End of story.