Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Fallout 76 | B.E.T.A. Update + Info [Updated: July 23]

Hi everyone,

Popping in to say that it’s been very fun seeing everyone’s discussion on Fallout 76 and what your hopes and thoughts are about the game. I and members of the studio regularly lurk, and it’s been great to read through your questions and feedback. With that in mind, we know you’re anxious to learn more about the game and more specifically, about the B.E.T.A.

Starting in October we’ll be selecting people who have pre-ordered the game from a participating retailer to enter our B.E.T.A. We’ll start small and grow over time as we prepare for launch. Be sure you’ve read our F.A.Q., for details on how to redeem your B.E.T.A. code and other important details.

EDIT: To clarify, everyone who pre-orders at a participating retailer will be included in the B.E.T.A.

Beyond that, we know you have numerous questions about the game. Things are still changing and being iterated on, so we cannot answer everything yet, but we encourage you to submit your questions. During the Fallout 76 panel at QuakeCon we’ll be answering some of your questions.  If you’re in Dallas, come join us. If you’re not able to make in person, you can check out all the fun via the live stream airing on Mixer. Send questions our way by posting them here in the forums, on any of the Fallout subreddits, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.

Thank you again for all your patience, discussion, feedback, and thoughts as we get closer to the launch of Fallout 76!

[Space Reserved for answering questions!]

@jurassica said:

Hi everyone, Popping in to say that it’s been very fun seeing everyone’s discussion on Fallout 76 and what your hopes and thoughts are about the game. I and members of the studio regularly lurk, and it’s been great to read through your questions and feedback. With that in mind, we know you’re anxious to learn more about the game and more specifically, about the B.E.T.A.

Starting in October we’ll be selecting people who have pre-ordered the game from a participating retailer to enter our B.E.T.A. We’ll start small and grow over time as we prepare for launch. Be sure you’ve read our F.A.Q., for details on how to redeem your B.E.T.A. code and other important details.

Beyond that, we know you have numerous questions about the game. Things are still changing and being iterated on, so we cannot answer everything yet, but we encourage you to submit your questions. During the Fallout 76 panel at QuakeCon we’ll be answering some of your questions.  If you’re in Dallas, come join us. If you’re not able to make in person, you can check out all the fun via the live stream airing on Mixer. Send questions our way by posting them here in the forums, on any of the Fallout subreddits, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.

Thank you again for all your patience, discussion, feedback, and thoughts as we get closer to the launch of Fallout 76!

So no beta until at least october... figures

"Thank you again for all your patience, discussion, feedback, and thoughts as we get closer to the launch of Fallout 76!"

- and thank you for the announcement. /appreciate it.

Good morning. thank you very much for posting this. The true colors have been revealed. So it is a limited BETA, not EVERYONE that pre- ordered will get in, and , as i suspected, the BETA will not be a full game rendering, its just to test out their servers. Well, at least i don't have to be hyped anymore. 

When is QuakeCon? will it be available to view on Youtube/ twitch?

typical rushed beta owell doubt I will be there.

@wrenchstench92 said:

Good morning. thank you very much for posting this. The true colors have been revealed. So it is a limited BETA, not EVERYONE that pre- ordered will get in, and , as i suspected, the BETA will not be a full game rendering, its just to test out their servers. Well, at least i don't have to be hyped anymore. 

Quakecon is August 9-12. When they did Fallout 4 info, the demo shown was not available to the public but the info was. Might be similar to that

@imitenotbecrazy said:

@wrenchstench92 said:
 Quakecon is August 9-12. When they did Fallout 4 info, the demo shown was not available to the public but the info was. Might be similar to that

Wasn't right they mislead everyone "pre-order now to get access to "Break-it Early Test Application" meanwhile, now people will be randomly selected little by little. Oh well, guess i'll just wait till November to play

I feel really bad for those the "pre-purchased" on Bethesda.net, they actually PAID for a game that they my or may not be able to get to participate in the BETA. Hopefully whoever does get in will report back to the forums/ Youtube to let us know what they find

@wrenchstench92 said:

@imitenotbecrazy said:
@wrenchstench92 said:
 Wasn't right they mislead everyone "pre-order now to get access to "Break-it Early Test Application" meanwhile, now people will be randomly selected little by little. Oh well, guess i'll just wait till November to play

Agreed. I might cancel my preorder if we can't get hard facts about things until almost release. Seems very bait and switch

@imitenotbecrazy said:

@wrenchstench92 said:
@imitenotbecrazy said:
@wrenchstench92 said:
 Agreed. I might cancel my preorder if we can't get hard facts about things until almost release. Seems very bait and switch

very bait and switch indeed, I run a trucking business, and when customers try to bait and switch me, I never do business with them again

@jurassica said:

Starting in October we’ll be selecting people who have pre-ordered the game from a participating retailer to enter our B.E.T.A. We’ll start small and grow over time as we prepare for launch.

@jurassica can you clarify on this? I think there is going to be some backlash if the right info isn't given out. Are you now saying everyone registered for the BETA will not get to participate?

"I feel really bad for those the "pre-purchased" on Bethesda.net, they actually PAID for a game"

- not really a problem, I have 5 more copies to buy for the rest of the family so have one out of the way and paid for, and am definitely going to play the game for years without a subscription fee on pc, so, fairly good value imhho.

"Hopefully whoever does get in will report back to the forums/ Youtube to let us know what they find"

- depending on potential NDA, they may be unable to.

I could safely say 95% of us on here are previous and/ or repeat customers, so we all have paid for a Fallout game no matter the platform, and this time around we were not treated fairly. If Bethesda didnt announce a BETA until Today, that would have been the better route to take. Instead, they tell everyone for pre- order to reseve your spot in the beta, then someone comes out and says "Welllllll not exactly, we will be picking players out of a hat, and whoever gets in is lucky" 

I'm sure that 95% of the users on this forum feel the same way

Bethesda, if you came out and gave us a countdown timer on the top of the forums, even for the release of the game, or had a mod come in and say "The BETA will be to first test our server load. Then, we will gradually bring in more players. or at least breakdown the timeline of the BETA, What is involved, do we leave the vault in the beta, are we already outside, etc etc. Instead we all get silent treatment, then at first contact we are told "getting into the BETA is like playing the lotto"

Good Job Bethesda, greaaaaat way to please your fans/ customers

@wrenchstench92 said:

Instead, they tell everyone for pre- order to reseve your spot in the beta, then someone comes out and says "Welllllll not exactly, we will be picking players out of a hat, and whoever gets in is lucky

To be fair they didn't say everyone wouldn't get in. Just that initially it will be a select group, then more and more, and I would assume eventually everyone with a pre order will be allowed to join. Though it is a very late start date and I think it could lead to the game itself being delayed.

October? Ha! Barely enough time for testing. Plus Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released that month...

@jurassica said:

Starting in October we’ll be selecting people who have pre-ordered the game from a participating retailer to enter our B.E.T.A. We’ll start small and grow over time as we prepare for launch.

Sounds very vague, like you plan to exclude certain regions/countries/people, but you won't actually tell us. You just won't "select" them.

@thedoctorcmg said:

@wrenchstench92 said:
Instead, they tell everyone for pre- order to reseve your spot in the beta, then someone comes out and says "Welllllll not exactly, we will be picking players out of a hat, and whoever gets in is lucky
 To be fair they didn't say everyone wouldn't get in. Just that initially it will be a select group, then more and more, and I would assume eventually everyone with a pre order will be allowed to join. Though it is a very late start date and I think it could lead to the game itself being delayed.

well thats what I am getting at. Ok. if release is Nov. 14th, and BETA opens OCT. 1st, that means they have 6 weeks of BETA, and these 6 weeks will be split into (2 weeks xbox, 2 weeks pc, 2 weeks ps) how does that even work? we dont even know if the beta will be live till day of release right?

@jolipinator said:

October? Ha! Barely enough time for testing. Plus Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released that month...
@jurassica said:
 Sounds very vague, like you plan to exclude certain regions/countries/people, but you won't actually tell us. You just won't "select" them.

Not to mention they said before that it would be xbox first then other platforms. It seems that they will do them all at once? either way this will be most likely a stress test for servers and network. which is rather sad.

I ordered literally hours after it was announced, is there a higher chance people who ordered early will get BETA access? 

I feel bad tearing up the post like this, but they have been very unprofessional. @jurassica this has nothing to do with you, you and all the other mods have been very nice in the past, all of this is intended for BGS.