Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

We Should Of At Least Have A BETA Date By Now

I have a feeling that they are rushing in some changes to the game and that explains why the game isn't ready for BETA testing yet. Of course this is speculation, but its possible that the changes they might have made are due to the Fallout playerbases response to the E3 announcement that this Fallout will be online only and contain pvp.

Perhaps in their attempt to nerf the pvp component, new bugs were introduced making the game unready for us to test. 

In any case....the clock is ticking and Nov 14th draws near.

Streaming at: https://www.twitch.tv/kaligold Discord: https://discord.gg/d2uZar6

Based on your extensive knowledge of beta testing? The ones I've done were about a month before release. People that are looking at this as early access may be disappointed. You could be right about changes or you could be wrong and they planned on launching the BETA just before the game launches. Setting yourself up with expectations that have no basis is just gonna get yourself upset

@imitenotbecrazy said:

Based on your extensive knowledge of beta testing? The ones I've done were about a month before release. People that are looking at this as early access may be disappointed. You could be right about changes or you could be wrong and they planned on launching the BETA just before the game launches. Setting yourself up with expectations that have no basis is just gonna get yourself upset

New direction for the game, launching on all platforms, testing to roll out separately on those platforms....yeh, I would get this puppy out quick...like very soon.

Streaming at: https://www.twitch.tv/kaligold Discord: https://discord.gg/d2uZar6

Well, we can't set our expectations on what you would do. It will be out when it's out. I'm sure there isn't enough threads on when the BETA is coming 😒

It all depends on what they want to test and how extensively they will be making changes from feedback.

I have been in Betas where they just wanted to test the MMO part and stress testing the servers to ensure they could possibly handle the load on release day. They were quite late, a month or so before release date, and didn't really involve any real changes to the game besides some bug killing.

Other beta testing were much more involved and were looking at testing the different sections of the game and they made changes depending on feedback. These betas all lasted months in length and were much more involved with the players.

We just don't know what type they are going to do.

Commander of the Chaosrealm Irregulars.

@chaon said:

It all depends on what they want to test and how extensively they will be making changes from feedback.
I have been in Betas where they just wanted to test the MMO part and stress testing the servers to ensure they could possibly handle the load on release day. They were quite late, a month or so before release date, and didn't really involve any real changes to the game besides some bug killing.
Other beta testing were much more involved and were looking at testing the different sections of the game and they made changes depending on feedback. These betas all lasted months in length and were much more involved with the players.
We just don't know what type they are going to do.

Thanks for a great well thought out reply, instead of just saying "we already have enough beta threads". Gave you a Like.

-ive seen betas run for 6 months and ive seen them run for a few weeks, it depends ultimately on their purpose.

And the minute they fail to meet that date or announce it's pushed back, whiners will created threads about how Bethesda lied to them

Seriously, I've even seen it when a general rather than specific date is given.

When Bethesda announced that they aimed to have the Fallout 4 Creation Kit released in the first quarter of 2016. Most people reasonably took that as they intended to release it sometime in January, Febuary or March of 2016.

Yet, within minutes of midnight passing on January 1st, there were dozens of threads screaming about Bethesda lies and where's the Creation Kit and they aren't releasing one because Microsoft and Sony have said no to modding and Bethesda have abandoned it for PC too. Even when Bethesda reiterated sometime in the first quarter of the the year and people pointed out Bethesda had given no specific date, the threads continued.

When Bethesda said they hoped to roll out mods for Xbox in June of that year. Minutes into June the 1st, the forums were littered with threads again. Bethesda lied, modding on xbox abandoned etc.

That's why Bethesda try to avoid specific dates these days. Not that they did give them before. Game releases really being the only definite ones and thats because the retailers need to know when to start displaying them for sale and when to stop pre-orders..

#SUPPORTTHEBETHESDAMODAUTHORS

the game in closed alpha  at moment  you just have to wait  

Eso : Cowblade

preordered fallout 76 Tricentennial Edition

@kaligold said:

I have a feeling that they are rushing in some changes to the game and that explains why the game isn't ready for BETA testing yet. Of course this is speculation, but its possible that the changes they might have made are due to the Fallout playerbases response to the E3 announcement that this Fallout will be online only and contain pvp.
Perhaps in their attempt to nerf the pvp component, new bugs were introduced making the game unready for us to test. 
In any case....the clock is ticking and Nov 14th draws near.

Well, it makes sense to have it sometime in August/ September, we are still too far away from supposed release. Also, you all gotta remember, Bethesda doesn't just make Fallout. they have numerous other things going on too. Best thing everyone an do, is forget about the BETA completely, go play some other games, and the time will fly by

@wildarms2 said:

Source please?? Where do you hear there is a closed Alpha? Last time i heard, the 'Alpha' was being done via devs only

@frauengle said:

@wildarms2 said:
 Source please?? Where do you hear there is a closed Alpha? Last time i heard, the 'Alpha' was being done via devs only

That's what the poster meant. Closed alpha=in house alpha.

FO76 FAQ by BrandonKlassen
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/213537/fallout-76-complete-faq

A video FAQ is here
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/217600/everything-we-currently-know-about-fallout-76-video-by-camelworks

PS4 console player-Author

@zheyrryhn said:

@frauengle said:
@wildarms2 said:
 That's what the poster meant. Closed alpha=in house alpha.

gotcha, thanks for the clarification

@imitenotbecrazy said:

Especially in the era of day 1 patches

I woke up on 7/6/18 like it was my first Christmas I was so sure it’d be that day fam but I’m sittin patient

Read my Fan Fics and give me feed back 👍🤯

As long as the content and such is there by release unlike sea of thieves having nothing at release

I played the crew 2 beta not very long ago, it lasted about 4 days total was not a full game you could advance through to max level and was I have to admit 1 of the best beta's conditions ive seen in recent years.. didn't have a single bug I found during game play time.. possibly because it was just a stress testing beta of servers etc??!!..

Never was a game dev, but did do software development for 40+ years.  My favorite saying was "No code survives first contact with the users" (My apologies to General Helmuth von Moltke).  I just hope they allow enough time for us to try all the weird [censored] (you all know we're going to try) that will break the game so that it doesn't happen at launch.  My guess is mid August, early September.

@imitenotbecrazy said:

That's not a beta, that's a timed pre-release demo.

It looks like Bethesda wants to treat this like a true beta, which means that they'll need more than 4 short weeks to test and sort everything and make sure the netcode can handle the gameworld and vica versa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRICZCBXc6E

this video says there will be multiple beta tests before release to smooth things over so we will see what happens maybe sooner then later?.