Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Why does Visor's strafejumping feel so much slower???

This is really strange since he has the highest air acceleration out of all the champions. Does anyone know why this is? 

Me too I find him super slow and pretty much useless since the July patch. I agree he was somewhat OP in the June patch and no wonder everyone used him but they nerfed him way too much, they even nerfed his ability which is weak enough already, like cmon! No one ever complained about his ability lasting too long or the delay between it was too short, so wtf? Like he's so slow that he can't even use anymore his passive acceleration ability.

Do you move your mouse while strafe jumping or just point forward?

To gain speed effectively you have to point at the right angle or you are not accelerating as much as you could.

Turn ON speedometer and compare speed.

@deviaphan said:

Turn ON speedometer and compare speed.

That's what I did. I compared Visor to Ranger and Ranger reached 500 ups significantly faster.

@palek said:

Do you move your mouse while strafe jumping or just point forward?
To gain speed effectively you have to point at the right angle or you are not accelerating as much as you could.

I do sway my mouse. I do pretty much every part of strafe jumping by the book.

Hmm, I just tried it out and you are right that bunny hopping does not give more speed, but I woudn't say that Ranger is faster. They feel pretty much the same.

I tried on Blood Run from LG to teleport and with both I was able to get 700+.

Second test was on Blood Covenant from teleport (circle jump, not teleporting start) through RL and bridge to the wall where the LG ammo is and with both I was hitting the wall with not more then 850 ups.

The one thing I didn't compare was the circle jump strength, but I was able to exceed 500 with second jump easely with both Champs.