Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Will there be more power armour editions released?

I was hoping there would be some insight into weather or not there will be more power armour editions released. Once again i found myself away with work when this was announced and now its sold out everywhere with all the copies being sold ob eBay for £599 +. It pisses me off when these scalpers come along and try to take advantage of us fans who love the franchise and sell them for ridiculous prices. If there were to be multiple batches of this edition released it might put off their obscene scam. Don't wanna sound like i'm ranting.....but :/

I wanted one too. They're all gone 😞

They are not making anymore but a few have become available since the first wave.  Keep an eye here:  https://www.nowinstock.net/vid...

Amazon just did a major restock of US version about 6 hours ago (preordered myself one through them just 30 mins ago) and all platforms are still in stock as of now!  I heard the same for Australian version so maybe UK version as well??  

@beautifulsky said:

Amazon just did a major restock of US version about 6 hours ago (preordered myself one through them just 30 mins ago) and all platforms are still in stock as of now!  I heard the same for Australian version so maybe UK version as well??  

Got one 😃

in spite of everyone wanting a PA helmet, i went and made my own. costed me about $45.00 all homemade. sorry guys, no pics, not showing you what I made for $45 while you all spend $120 on the same thing. 

@frauengle said:

in spite of everyone wanting a PA helmet, i went and made my own. costed me about $45.00 all homemade. sorry guys, no pics, not showing you what I made for $45 while you all spend $120 on the same thing. 

Uhhhh....yeah.  Me too!  In fact, I made a whole set of power armour!  Yeah.  With a jetpack!  :)  Seriously, though, good for you.  I'm not talented enough to make something like that. 

@frauengle said:

Yeah right. I'm an amateur prop maker in my lost hours, so let's break down the material costs, roughly, excluding man hours, with the goal being as close as the offered product in term of quality:

Option 1: You stop as at the 3D print for the main thing, may be a bit structurally weak if printed in several sections, but ok.

• Initial 3D print of the master on a consumer FDS printer, approx 1Kg of PLA or ABS filament, 20$ OR the pepakura way, which still requires 20$ worth of expoxy resin and bondo to get a solid smooth surface. And it's usually only meant as a master to be molded and cast, not as a final piece.
  • Silicone molding kit for the flexible hoses, smooth-on mold star series: 35$
  • Flexible PU rubber to cast said hose, smooth on vytaflex series: 25$
  • Various paints, screws, electronics (voice changer, light,...), on the cheap: 60$
  • Total: 140$, excluding probably close to the 100 hours of 3D modeling, printing, sanding, assembling and painting needed. If we go by my rates, that's an additional 3.5K$ worth of my time.

Option 2, the closer to what the artisan shop did, although it was most likely an injection mold they made, then plastic injection for the multiple copies, here we'll take the manual approach:

• Initial 3D print of the master on a pro SLS/SLA printer: 200$
  • Mold of the master and various pieces, smooth on mold star series: 70$
  • PU-resin for the cast of the helmet, smooth on onyx series, about 1kg: 40$
  • Flexible PU rubber to cast hoses, smooth on vytaflex series: 20$
  • Various paints, screws, electronics (voice changer, light,...), quality this time around: 100$
  • Total: 430$, once again excluding all of the man hours.

Obviously the larger scale manufacting, and injection techniques bring down the cost drastically, but we're talking homemade scenario here. And we're not talking cardboard stuff crudely held together with tape like you may have done for 45$... Not to mention the rest of the goodies like the map and figurines. 

Truth be told, they probably get a comfy margin on that for sure, and I bet it could be sold for 150$ easily as well and be more in line with the value, but making good quality props is a ver expensive and time consuming hobby if you want to make it the right way. Take it from someone who built several things, from the 3D modeling step all the way to the hand finishing, passing by mold making, cold casting and so on. 

For those interested in the process, take a look at the Replica Prop Forum, plenty of examples on how homemade props are made, and the costs and labour involved: https://www.therpf.com/

edit: specifically this thread over here, goes over the built of a 1:1 PA full suit of T60 armor, that will give you an idea of the work: https://www.therpf.com/showthr...

@teragon said:

@frauengle said:
 Yeah right. I'm an amateur prop maker in my lost hours, so let's break down the material costs, roughly, excluding man hours, with the goal being as close as the offered product in term of quality:
Option 1: You stop as at the 3D print for the main thing, may be a bit structurally weak if printed in several sections, but ok.
  • Initial 3D print of the master on a consumer FDS printer, approx 1Kg of PLA or ABS filament, 20$ OR the pepakura way, which still requires 20$ worth of expoxy resin and bondo to get a solid smooth surface. And it's usually only meant as a master to be molded and cast, not as a final piece.
  • Silicone molding kit for the flexible hoses, smooth-on mold star series: 35$
  • Flexible PU rubber to cast said hose, smooth on vytaflex series: 25$
  • Various paints, screws, electronics (voice changer, light,...), on the cheap: 60$
  • Total: 140$, excluding probably close to the 100 hours of 3D modeling, printing, sanding, assembling and painting needed. If we go by my rates, that's an additional 3.5K$ worth of my time.
Option 2, the closer to what the artisan shop did, although it was most likely an injection mold they made, then plastic injection for the multiple copies, here we'll take the manual approach:
  • Initial 3D print of the master on a pro SLS/SLA printer: 200$
  • Mold of the master and various pieces, smooth on mold star series: 70$
  • PU-resin for the cast of the helmet, smooth on onyx series, about 1kg: 40$
  • Flexible PU rubber to cast hoses, smooth on vytaflex series: 20$
  • Various paints, screws, electronics (voice changer, light,...), quality this time around: 100$
  • Total: 430$, once again excluding all of the man hours.
Obviously the larger scale manufacting, and injection techniques bring down the cost drastically, but we're talking homemade scenario here. And we're not talking cardboard stuff crudely held together with tape like you may have done for 45$... Not to mention the rest of the goodies like the map and figurines. 
Truth be told, they probably get a comfy margin on that for sure, and I bet it could be sold for 150$ easily as well and be more in line with the value, but making good quality props is a ver expensive and time consuming hobby if you want to make it the right way. Take it from someone who built several things, from the 3D modeling step all the way to the hand finishing, passing by mold making, cold casting and so on. 
For those interested in the process, take a look at the Replica Prop Forum, plenty of examples on how homemade props are made, and the costs and labour involved: https://www.therpf.com/
edit: specifically this thread over here, goes over the built of a 1:1 PA full suit of T60 armor, that will give you an idea of the work: https://www.therpf.com/showthr...

Lol. Nope, didn't go that route. its made of all steel, welded together via stick weld, made a plexiglass shield with rubber waetherstripping i had leftover from a truck i used to have, sealed with clear silicone. The inital structure is made from a M1 US Army Helmet, the rest is all custom. 90% of the materials I had laying around the yard. the helmet weighs 28.4 lbs, I know its heavy but to me I made a real life one, meaning it actually is an armored helmet, not a piece of plastic that looks good on a shelf. It still has to be painted, right now looks like a rusty raider helmet (I may keep it that way) 

A whole suit? wow that would take alot of time. I built the helmet over 2 wekends, so about 30-40 hrs into it so far

@frauengle said:

Lol. Nope, didn't go that route. its made of all steel, welded together via stick weld, made a plexiglass shield with rubber waetherstripping i had leftover from a truck i used to have, sealed with clear silicone. The inital structure is made from a M1 US Army Helmet, the rest is all custom. 90% of the materials I had laying around the yard. the helmet weighs 28.4 lbs, I know its heavy but to me I made a real life one, meaning it actually is an armored helmet, not a piece of plastic that looks good on a shelf. It still has to be painted, right now looks like a rusty raider helmet (I may keep it that way) A whole suit? wow that would take alot of time. I built the helmet over 2 wekends, so about 30-40 hrs into it so far

Well let me just break out my stick welder and M1 army helmet I've got laying around lol. That's a lot more than $45 in the end. Just sayin' 😆