Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Todd Howard worried!?

If he is worried then I am worried. He should be confident in this game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRICZCBXc6E

it just sounds like he has realistic expectations. Especially with how salty some of the fanbase has become since launch. (since it was announced)

@thedoctorcmg said:

it just sounds like he has realistic expectations. Especially with how salty some of the fanbase has become since launch. (since it was announced)

The reaction had to have been anticipated or presumed. They would not have announced Starfield or TESVI so far from release otherwise.

@1996ponycar said:

@thedoctorcmg said:
 The reaction had to have been anticipated or presumed. They would not have announced Starfield or TESVI so far from release otherwise.

I expected some pushback, and I'm sure he did too. But not to this extent. I mean some of the hate is pretty unexpected. 

@thedoctorcmg said:

I agree. They knew this game was going to enrage an enormous portion of their fan base from the start. Even a good number of those of us who aren't furious that it's multiplayer and angry because they haven't announced any sort of PvE server or protection to opt out of PvP entirely.

It would be worryingly to a foolish level if Bethesda wasn't concerned about the game.

@ceryk said:

@thedoctorcmg said:
 I agree. They knew this game was going to enrage an enormous portion of their fan base from the start. Even a good number of those of us who aren't furious that it's multiplayer and angry because they haven't announced any sort of PvE server or protection to opt out of PvP entirely.

I am just waiting to see the final product before I jump to hate or anger. They're doing something with Fallout we've never seen before so I am sure it's scary for a lot of fans but I've got faith they can do something great with it. Granted I feel the initial launch will be a mess.

Anyone know where the original source for this info is? Need references. 

@nukaranger said:

The guy talks about it in the YT video in the OP's post. Don't remember if he cited sources though. Just put quotes around what Todd reportedly said. 

@thedoctorcmg said:

@nukaranger said:
 The guy talks about it in the YT video in the OP's post. Don't remember if he cited sources though. Just put quotes around what Todd reportedly said. 

I watched. No references. He could have made it up for all we know. 

@nukaranger said:

@thedoctorcmg said:
@nukaranger said:
 I watched. No references. He could have made it up for all we know. 

It's not really news anyway. I am pretty sure some of this was pulled from a previous interview where he talked about being worried but I don't remember him elaborating as much as he supposedly did in these quotes. 

@thedoctorcmg said:

@ceryk said:
@thedoctorcmg said:
 I am just waiting to see the final product before I jump to hate or anger. They're doing something with Fallout we've never seen before so I am sure it's scary for a lot of fans but I've got faith they can do something great with it. Granted I feel the initial launch will be a mess.

Online game launches are always a mess, that's just a fact of life. And I wish I could wait to see what they are doing before judging it, but the fact that they haven't announced a full PvE mode is just not acceptable to me. I don't have a lot of favorite things in life, but Fallout is one of my favorite franchises of all time. I own every Fallout game made and bought every single one of them at launch and I am going to be absolutely furious if this the the ONE Fallout game I'm not able to play. 

@ceryk said:

Online game launches are always a mess, that's just a fact of life. And I wish I could wait to see what they are doing before judging it, but the fact that they haven't announced a full PvE mode is just not acceptable to me. I don't have a lot of favorite things in life, but Fallout is one of my favorite franchises of all time. I own every Fallout game made and bought every single one of them at launch and I am going to be absolutely furious if this the the ONE Fallout game I'm not able to play. 

You know, I remember texting my best friend prior to the announcement of FO76, when all we had to go on was the leak that it was an online only game, and I was telling my friend how upset I would be if they forced me into an online only arena and that they would lose my business if they did. But then they announced it and granted there is a lot that could be done to it to make it more appealing to us SP guys, but it also didn't look terrible so I am going to give it a good college try. The Power Armor edition also helped nudge me in the direction of pre ordering. Sometimes you just gotta take a leap :)

sounds like he's just worried about technical issues like the servers crashing on launch, and given their reputation with bugs and glitches, it can be overlooked in a single player game but not so easily in an online game.

@thedoctorcmg said:

@ceryk said:
 You know, I remember texting my best friend prior to the announcement of FO76, when all we had to go on was the leak that it was an online only game, and I was telling my friend how upset I would be if they forced me into an online only arena and that they would lose my business if they did. But then they announced it and granted there is a lot that could be done to it to make it more appealing to us SP guys, but it also didn't look terrible so I am going to give it a good college try. The Power Armor edition also helped nudge me in the direction of pre ordering. Sometimes you just gotta take a leap :)

I'm almost inclined to "give it a good college try" try it because it's Fallout, but I am on a very tight budget and I really can't afford to throw money away on a game I may rage quit shortly after trying. I need a sure thing at this point.

@beyasal said:

sounds like he's just worried about technical issues like the servers crashing on launch, and given their reputation with bugs and glitches, it can be overlooked in a single player game but not so easily in an online game.

Its gonna be a good lesson for him and his team since its a total different ball game. Bugs/patches/cheats aside, the balancing aspect will give him headache...

P.S. No modders to save the day for him ..

@langnao said:

@beyasal said:
 Its gonna be a good lesson for him and his team since its a total different ball game. Bugs/patches/cheats aside, the balancing aspect will give him headache...

should have just handed it over to zenimax online, like they did with eso 

@ceryk said:

I'm almost inclined to "give it a good college try" try it because it's Fallout, but I am on a very tight budget and I really can't afford to throw money away on a game I may rage quit shortly after trying. I need a sure thing at this point.

I just hope you end up enjoying it at some point down the line :) I hope we all enjoy it frankly. 

@beyasal said:

@langnao said:
@beyasal said:

No, No and No. 

Did I mention... NO.   

Do you really want sparkly ponies in Fallout? 

@beyasal said:

@langnao said:
@beyasal said:

The part of the studio that is doing this FO76 is the one that does "Battlecry"? If it isn't good enough and thus cancelled, it's pretty worrying ...

I'd be worried if they weren't worried...