Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Outline and marker NOT WORK!

The outline and marker does not appear immediately. In instagib I'm dead before they appear!

Sometimes no outline, sometimes marker, sometimes both.

As example, Outline shown only when enemy in crosshair. Camouflage skins looks like cheat!

Spec: i7, 32GB, GTX1080.

Have you set the Outline to On instead of Target, in settings?

@farthing said:

On instead of Target

Ofc "always On".

Sometimes it work. Sometime not. Marker shown, then hides, then again showed in few seconds while enemy all time visible on screen.

Sometimes outline, sometimes red shader highlight, sometime none...

@farthing said:

On instead of Target

This time at least highlighted with red shader

The same is when enemy is going upstairs towards you. You can see his head but neither marker or outline until half of the body appears. Considering he sees you very well it is a major bug for a "esports ready" game.

@xsi said:

until half of the body appears

This often problem for me.

But on first screenshot with Nix no stairs and full body visible. The problem is not depend with the stairs.)))

I did not say it depends on stairs. This was just one of the situations I've seen it.

Simple solution: FORCE TDM SKIN. 

When selected in options, each player is shown with his selected skin at voting screen and after match (on pillars/podium), but on the game, all players wears simplest possible outfit with basic red or blue shader. No marker needed, no outline needed. And You can even legitelly hide in shadows, without spoiling hideout by outline.

For me outlines the bigger problem. it is too thin! idon see it when i fast runnig through the enemy. May be outline dont appear correcly. But i cant imagine why bethesda\id software  dont add ability to adfust outlines? Hey bethesda do u hear me? May de i want to see yelloe or green... Now visability is sux! 

I have also noticed, that many winning players wears blueish outfit, just to make outline even less visible. I consider it cheating.

@mp0011 said:

Simple solution: FORCE TDM SKIN. 

Like in Quake Live e.g.

And not only TDM. For IG invisible enemy are big problem! And for DM...

@mp0011 said:

I have also noticed, that many winning players wears blueish outfit, just to make outline even less visible. I consider it cheating.

Ban all blue textures, immediately!

(shaking head so hard...)

Those red outlines are for people who barely learned how to play any shooter game, to help identify what moving objects are most probably enemies and what are not.

You should be able to easily distinguish an object moving against a static background without it being brightly coloured and pointed out to you "hey look look it's an enemy".

@thenoobzmaster said:

@mp0011 said:
Those red outlines are for people who barely learned how to play any shooter game, to help identify what moving objects are most probably enemies and what are not.
You should be able to easily distinguish an object moving against a static background without it being brightly coloured and pointed out to you "hey look look it's an enemy".

Some teams use intentionally blue shaders. I have no problems to spot moving object. But If I need to spend ANY time to tell if it is my team or enemy, that's unfair. I need to shoot immediately, not to think "is it blue guy with red outline?", "Is that red glowing guy enemy, or just doomguy rushing?", "Enemy has a Quad? My announcer does not tell that yet... Still announcing 5 medals for perfect, excellent, revenge shoot from the grave"...

That's enemy team. With outlines they still looks more blue than all in my team. 

@mp0011 said:

@thenoobzmaster said:
@mp0011 said:
 Some teams use intentionally blue shaders. I have no problems to spot moving object. But If I need to spend ANY time to tell if it is my team or enemy, that's unfair. I need to shoot immediately, not to think "is it blue guy with red outline?", "Is that red glowing guy enemy, or just doomguy rushing?", "Enemy has a Quad? My announcer does not tell that yet... Still announcing 5 medals for perfect, excellent, revenge shoot from the grave"...
That's enemy team. With outlines they still looks more blue than all in my team. 

There's an awesome distinction:

When you shoot a teammate, he doesn't receive damage.

There's an awesome distinction:
When you shoot a teammate, he doesn't receive damage.

Fantastic suggestion. Really. Shoot and check if it dies...

It's Quake, not chess. Every bullet counts, every second matters. If I shoot to wrong target, or just wait to long, I will be fragged...

@thenoobzmaster said:

If I turn ON outline, it's must work. OK, I'm noob and I want outline.

Today I play against White skin BJ who stay on extra light white place (Awoken mega place, I'm on tribolt). I seen only his hair, when he kill me and jump away.

I. Need. See. My. Enemy. Dot.

@mp0011 said:

Every bullet counts, every second matters. 

No, every bullet doesn't count, as you have multiple weapons to work with and ammo boxes and refills everywhere.

As you mentioned yourself, it's Quake, not chess. There's nothing you lose from a rocketjump if rocket ammo and health bubble are at the jump destination.

You really do not get it... 

Two guys runs into my location. One is Yellow Doomguy with red glow and invisible blue outline, other is Blue Nyx with barely visible outline, shooting plasma with blue glow. With Quad damage on top of it. If I shoot to wrong guy, before rail is reloaded (or rocket, or shootgun, or whatever) I will be dead. If I wait .5s because I am not sure who is foe or ally, I will be dead.

@mp0011 said:

Two guys runs into my location. One is Yellow Doomguy with red glow and invisible blue outline, other is Blue Nyx with barely visible outline, shooting plasma with blue glow. With Quad damage on top of it. If I shoot to wrong guy, before rail is reloaded (or rocket, or shootgun, or whatever) I will be dead. If I wait .5s because I am not sure who is foe or ally, I will be dead.

1. This is why you have a warmup, so you have a bit of time to see which champions the enemy is using and how do they look. People in other shooters differentiate friendlies from enemies by the uniform pattern, and you're telling me you can't differentiate DOOM Slayer from Nyx, and that you didn't press Tab and see what champions is your team using?

2. Go get the quad, and if it doesn't kill you - it's your teammate. 

@thenoobzmaster said:

@mp0011 said:
 1. This is why you have a warmup, so you have a bit of time to see which champions the enemy is using and how do they look. People in other shooters differentiate friendlies from enemies by the uniform pattern, and you're telling me you can't differentiate DOOM Slayer from Nyx, and that you didn't press Tab and see what champions is your team using?
2. Go get the quad, and if it doesn't kill you - it's your teammate. 

I know that's news to you, but arena shooters work differently than tacticool military shooty things. Up until QC, forced team colors (or even bright skins) were the norm to improve visibility, since recognizing your enemies isn't a relevant skill in afps--they're just too fast. 

The visibility in QC isn't exactly great at the moment (remember, the relevant benchmark are afps), I don't really see why you would rally against that widely hold sentiment?