Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Please stop with "Limited Time Only" creations.

If you really want people to pay for your creations, stop with the "Limited Time" skins and other creations. It's anti-consumer and the complete wrong market to do this forced rarity thing especially with virtual goods in a SINGLE PLAYER game. It just baffles me that the marketeers at Bethesda think this is a good idea. 

A huge list of creations would make the Creation club look good and offer a large selection of different skins for any kind of player (a new UI for the CC wouldn't hurt either.) Getting rid of these limited offers would only add more to what the CC can offer and Bethesda's profits in the long run.

More I ask to release Nuka Cherry Armor Skin to as own, not part of pack that I already own 99 %.

Notes the fact that literally every company out there does limited run items. Though in CC items the only problem is the fact there are no ways to get them after the first run as there is no way to trade them or sell them away. though at least the one per person thing is good. :P

As for the limited run things. This may sound strange but they are not that bad, so what they are pipboy skins, you do realize the framework for them means that there are mods that can add similar ones to the game with out you paying right?

Huh? Digital downloads are OBVIOUSLY limited supply. Buy then quick before they run out!

lmao

@warbrand2 said:

Notes the fact that literally every company out there does limited run items. Though in CC items the only problem is the fact there are no ways to get them after the first run as there is no way to trade them or sell them away. though at least the one per person thing is good. :P As for the limited run things. This may sound strange but they are not that bad, so what they are pipboy skins, you do realize the framework for them means that there are mods that can add similar ones to the game with out you paying right?

You don't seem to realize the point here. If you allow Bethesda to sell limited time skins, what's to stop them from selling a huge content pack for a limited time because it was okay earlier with pip boy skins. It's called constructive criticism to create a better storefront for everyone.

Also, I understand there's a million skin mods on the nexus and whatnot, but not everyone has access to those mods and CC is the only way they can mod their game.

Speaking generally on the matter of forced scarcity, in the long run this is ultimately bad for business. For example instead of people buying at a leisurely pace what they want, they hold off buying the non-limited items so they don't 'miss out' on one later. To boot too any bugs or issues with said limited items go noticed a lot less because a smaller pool of users are using them: a lot fewer people are going to report that the Silver Shroud pipboy skin is broken vs the Handmade Shotgun's ironsights issues because fewer have it.

Additionally coupling this with the matter of removing items from the store to force 'exclusivity' to a bundle and especially limited bundles is even worse: users that have been supporting creation club all along are in effect punished because they bought items or picked them up when free. The Rainbow Paint Pack is not an actual saving for most of us because while 800 credits we already had Onyx, Chrome and White at 100 caps each, thus the actual value of the pack is still 800 (each skin being valued at 100 caps). The Nuka Cola armor paint is even worse in this regard, as the only way to actually get it currently was to buy a 600 credit pack...where all the previous items had been available prior and already bought, effectively making the cost of that one armor paint 600 credits, 3x as much as any of the others.

Now I understand part of their reasoning for removing items was to avoid 'crowding the store' with older items...but I don't really see how that could be an issue. If the store has too many items in one tab, simply add another tab; Power Armor paint and items for example can go into its own tab. Additionally I don't think I've seen anyone ever complain about the store 'being crowded'. This would be like Nexus suddenly deciding to remove all mods from a certain year from individual download and the only way to get them would be to download them as a bundle: users would not be keen on this under any means. What adds insult to injury is that if you go to your download history tab, not only is everything listed in a straight singular manner but the bundle items have fully functional pages and screenshots, making users perceive the whole thing as a lot less convenience and more greed.

To close this, @oxhorn also covered this quite a bit in his vid on the paints, and I think he's far more eloquent than I when it comes to these same concerns. It's worth a watch: 

@wdf70 

They have the numbers, they wouldn't still be doing it if it wasn't profitable (considering it's definitely not good PR). I can only imagine that considering the amount of people that complain about missing a limited-time-only skin, there must be a lot of those who buy it quickly just to be safe. They've run both models (having it up for a long time vs limited-time and bundles), they can see which works better. For example, back then I never bought skins cause I figured I'd just wait until right before I wanted to use them, since they'd always be there anyway, so the only one I ever bought was onyx pip-boy. Yet when the limited Silver Shroud and the Grognak skins came out I was extremely tempted to buy them (but I didn't want to support a practice I disagree with :[ 

It's the same with bundles. They wouldn't still be selling them if people weren't buying them. In other words, we can blame whoever is in charge of CC for all of this (and certainly risking alienating your customers for quick cash isn't worth the long-term damage (though I feel like it isn't all that bad, considering it's been three years since F4 release and CC has sometimes managed to add a second life to the game)), but as long as we're blaming a faceless entity, we should put the blame where it otherwise belongs. Us, the customers. If we don't like what they're doing, we have to stop supporting it. I've seen far too many people complain about how they wished the bundles they bought included a discount for already-owned items. If you don't like limited-time-only creations, if you don't like bundles, DON'T BUY THEM. Let Bethesda know that this model is not effective. (And honestly, of all the things to boycott, this is definitely one of the easiest.)

I had a falling out with my friend last autumn, over a Fallout 4 disc slipping from its case....
It was a flat-out Fallout fall out fallout with my Fall lout.

@wdf70 said:

If you really want people to pay for your creations, stop with the "Limited Time" skins and other creations. It's anti-consumer and the complete wrong market to do this forced rarity thing especially with virtual goods in a SINGLE PLAYER game. It just baffles me that the marketeers at Bethesda think this is a good idea. 

A huge list of creations would make the Creation club look good and offer a large selection of different skins for any kind of player (a new UI for the CC wouldn't hurt either.) Getting rid of these limited offers would only add more to what the CC can offer and Bethesda's profits in the long run.

Sadly I have to agree the limited time creations make no sense. The whole point of creation club was to add new content to the game all this is doing is making it limited for what purpose? I have no idea. What's worse is the fact you have both the rainbow pipboy skin and power armor costing 500-800 Credits, which is utter nonsense and unacceptable practice. @Cartogriffi Please for the love of all that is good in this world tell bethesda to stop this madness, it's anti-consumer and making the creation club even worse than before. 

While i'm at it, any chance we'll see new vault clothing styles to be added separately and not part of a bundle?

@StealthBlade 

*$5.00-$8.00

I had a falling out with my friend last autumn, over a Fallout 4 disc slipping from its case....
It was a flat-out Fallout fall out fallout with my Fall lout.

I meant credits instead of $ so I corrected my previous post, to which I apologize for my hastily made post lol
Still it's far too expensive for a pipboy skin when other skins are 450 credits less than what this one is being marketed as. Focus on real content like new armor clothing and new methods to recolor our clothing / vault suits and not jacking up pipboy skins to 500 credits

@wdf70 said:

I'm actually disgusted by their behaviour in this.

Not everyone is a child spending their parents money. Not everyone has the luxury of being at home to check. Some people have to work for a living.

I'm going to have that 4th of July armour in a few weeks either way though. Roll on PC and illegal mods, Bethesda can shove creation club up their junk jet.

The only reason they didn't call it Fallout 5 is to reduce the risk of actual pichforks.

Has any of these "limited time only" creations ever come back?

I missed out on the Rainbow bundles. There are some colors I wanted but now I can't get.

I'm really not too big on this concept either. It feels too shady and manipulative, and not really like the "bringing the modding community to the next level" idea that was floated when the Creation Club was announced. One of the great things about sites like the Nexus is that I can see a mod that I don't want to use right now, but might later on, and just bookmark it. With very few exceptions, that mod will still be there when I decide to try it out a year later. Some of the limited time Pip-Boy skins that have been on there are pretty cool, but they aren't something that I want to use right now. I've had a comic book fanatic character build on the back burner for a while though, and if I ever decide to play that character, these skins would be perfect. I'm not going to buy them now just because I MIGHT want to use them eventually though. If I ever do decide that I'd like to use them, and I find that they're no longer there...then Bethesda just lost a sale. Maybe they make up for this with the impulsive purchases from people who snatch them up right away. It just seems like a shady and manipulative practice, and it doesn't come across well on the Creation Club. If Creation Club is going to be successful, there needs to be a pool of content for people to choose from.

And this is all aside from the rather major fact that a lot of us Fallout fans aren't made of money. We're living paycheck to paycheck, and sometimes we might not have money this week to get some new stuff from Creation Club.

i personally love limited time tuff, especially for holiday packs. Holidsys repeat themselves after all

@marcmorr6 said:

i personally love limited time tuff, especially for holiday packs. Holidsys repeat themselves after all

in this means yes "limited time" works if it is again something that will return and mostly only things that relate to holidays...

but so far (this is before today's change on the store so may change in a few hours) only things that have returned and was marked limited time only is bundles and if not counting those I would say the Nuka cherry armor skin(but its so far only bundle only thing at a dumb price if you own everything else in the bundle since before it even  was put out) now the other limited time items that have not returned is the rainbow pipboys/pa (dumb idea again not selling on own and using bundle as the limited time group purchase to me at least) as well the unstoppable pipboys and the cruiser pipboy and the patriotic pa/pipboy

so we still have alot of stuff that is missing now and I think the unstoppables skins and the  patriotic skins are the least likely to return anytime soon due to one being for the 4th and the other set being noted as one day only... but I expect the 4th skins will return next year and maybe small chance when fo76 comes out due to the stuff in one the preorder versions is(just a guess nothing to back it up) the Unstoppables skins if they return again as 1 day only things I would just say lucky guess be when another Avengers or DC comics movie comes out and all the big  hype over them would be going on as I think in part that these skins were timed for Infinity War from Marvel ...

but even if it was movie tie ins and such its still not something that should be and only creations with seemingly a good escuse to be removed and be limited time only is the 4th skins and nuka cherry armor skin is  a close second (though I don't validate this as reason to keep this creation or future this way) since it was in a bundle only... -glares at overpriced bundle-

Just to mention I watched someones video on the rainbow pipboy / power armor creations and I came to the conclusion it's not as bad as i originally thought, it's simply a skin pack with many different colors matching the rainbow in that case it's fair game. But the limited time stuff should be reconsidered. 

@stealthblade said:

Just to mention I watched someones video on the rainbow pipboy / power armor creations and I came to the conclusion it's not as bad as i originally thought, it's simply a skin pack with many different colors matching the rainbow in that case it's fair game. But the limited time stuff should be reconsidered. 

Same. I watched Oxhorn's video review of the bundle and noticed that the quality of the paints wasn't bad and could work in different role play builds. But by time I decided to purchase the bundle it was too late and it was gone.

Really hope not permanently gone. Wouldn't make sense for the mod author's hard work to be taken away like that for a unnecessary sales job that serves nothing but the greedy now now now now market. So Bethesda, please no more. All the "limited time" items are not benefit for players. Why would it be? Fallout 4 is not a multiplayer so you cannot use logic saying you can be a unique owner of some limited time item because besides YT or streaming there is no need to brag saying, "hey look at me, I got X skin, you do not. You are peasants, I am special cause I have x skin". 

@jaymacibe said:

@stealthblade said:
 Same. I watched Oxhorn's video review of the bundle and noticed that the quality of the paints wasn't bad and could work in different role play builds. But by time I decided to purchase the bundle it was too late and it was gone.
Really hope not permanently gone. Wouldn't make sense for the mod author's hard work to be taken away like that for a unnecessary sales job that serves nothing but the greedy now now now now market. So Bethesda, please no more. All the "limited time" items are not benefit for players. Why would it be? Fallout 4 is not a multiplayer so you cannot use logic saying you can be a unique owner of some limited time item because besides YT or streaming there is no need to brag saying, "hey look at me, I got X skin, you do not. You are peasants, I am special cause I have x skin". 

And some reason my post is "Post content was flagged as spam by Akismet.com" OK.... thank you what ever system for flagging me for simply stating my opinions.

(@Moderator please remove my two posts above as I'm going to rewrite my 2 cents and the forum does not give me the ability to delete them or even edit them)

@stealthblade said:

I watched Oxhorn video for the armor and I held back my purchased before watching to get the Rainbow bundle because I didn't think I would like them but then I saw the quality and thought that maybe I can use it in role play builds. I was also annoyed after finding out that not only was the bundle gone "forever" (least I know) but the skins were not even sold individual. Which was a bad marketing plow in my book. I can get by missing a sale point but to remove the ability all together to purchase an item cause it was "limited time" was a bad move in my book. 

We know Fallout 76 will be a multiplayer game with paid cosmetics in the game. Having paid cosmetics and being "limited time only" be in a more common environment as said cosmetics you can show off with your friends or make others jealous that they didn't get them in time. BUT Fallout 4 is NOT a multiplayer game. There is no sharing minus social media and videos or streams. So besides those networks there is no logic for a "limited time" on virtual items on a single player game.

Oxhorn shared the same annoyances placing these "limited time only" on a digital products on his video.

Sadly I highly doubt Bethesda will reverse this decision and stop "limited time offers".

the biggest annoyance though is that the assets are eating up space on your Xbox or PS4 even if you didn’t get them.

Pre-Combind meshes, Everything and more then you ever want to know about them!