Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Fallout 76 Feature wish-list

1. Player Guilds/Factions or overall a community Hub area.

Having a guild/faction specific safe areas, like a hub for chatting, trading and overall a small safe spot for players, would be incredibly great. Putting up stalls for trading your scavenged goods, LF spots for events/raids/area exploration etc. and overall chatting with your fellow survivors would be a great place for everyone to relax and find their bearings.

2. Griefers/Raiders new gameplay aspect variation.

Well there will be players who will just want to Set the World on Fire so, let's let them but having a Karma system in place, players who misbehave get marked for death by Lawbringers, players with good karma can get special jobs or overall kill such players for extra rewards or cosmetics/trinkets, or the other way around who are too good would also be marked for death by Contract Killers, players with bad karma can get special jobs or overall kill such players for similar themed rewards.

3. Various Events and More end-game content.

Sure nuking places to gather rare materials and fighting powerful monsters is fun and all but having more things to do in the end-game apart from nuking and going in those places wouldn't be enough. What about specific exploration/scavenging/extermination/player driven events that would be quite neet.

4. Player driven content (dynamic game systems)

I think it would be great to see something like players being able to create their own quests for other players to part-take in, like gathering specific items, killing creatures, crafting, defending specific areas etc. There would be limitless things what could players think off, maybe even put bounties on other players, building radio towers to communicate with others, play music.

5. Player Radio stations.

Imagine building, managing and boradcasting your own Radio Station and everything would be happening live. This would greatly co-exist with the 4th and 1st suggestions. Being able to guide your teammates/faction through various areas, having a designated person who watches incomming players or overall controlling the pace of his group or faction in a area, like a commander or a quest giver.

6. Player driven economy.

This will be a survival game, so why not let other players make/scavenge/loot and sell stuff on their own terms. Making many possible player builds viable in various ways. Who knows, maybe even having their own caravans to sell on the go or having it as a portable container.

7. Bounty/Quest/Contract boards.

I would really like to see this made in a safehouse hub. Players putting up requests, bounties or even if possible their own quests for other players there. Looking for materials fast? Putting up a request up there. Want someone dead because he spawn-ganked you? Put a bounty on his head with specific requirements or death counts. And so on.

Sure all of this might not come into the game but it kind of would be cool to me. Sure not everyone might agree with these suggestions but comment what ya'll think about these and what your suggestions or a wish-list might be.

Also, anyone knows when other platform Beta starts?

My request? It will be only 25 years since the world stopped, will the cars/ trucks be driveable? because if they all ran on nuclear/ fusion power, then fuel supply would still be ok

In one of the interviews with the Howard, he said no. That there are no vehicles.

Maybe in DLC, but that's just speculation.

@wrenchstench92 said:

My request? It will be only 25 years since the world stopped, will the cars/ trucks be driveable? because if they all ran on nuclear/ fusion power, then fuel supply would still be ok

Well, the vehichles in the fallout are health hazards and dangerous, and they can be destroy with a few shots(set on fire), in a way I hope the Vertibirds will be flyable and if there will be somekind of other transportation that can be used, it would be great if you'll be able to upgrade it.  

Griefers should be forced to join a raider faction.  Raiders are griefers of FO :D

@inteljoe said:

In one of the interviews with the Howard, he said no. That there are no vehicles.
Maybe in DLC, but that's just speculation.

I mean, I understand its not like fallout to have vehicles, just opens up a whole new can of worms being that the game is being set 25 years later 

@wrenchstench92 said:

Those that use the nuclear power need coolant, why there's the Red Rocket truck stops.

Single player. NPC's. Oh wait, I'm asking for too much aren't I?

@vegna said:

@wrenchstench92 said:
 Those that use the nuclear power need coolant, why there's the Red Rocket truck stops.

Pretty much everything in Fallout uses nuclear power.  The only overheating we ever really see is with Sentry bots.  Point being, coolant or no, if they can keep all those robots and synths and generators going, someone ought to be able to cobble together a working automobile.

Besides, wagons don't need nukes or coolant and we don't get those either.  Let's see Bethesda do something truly impressive and stick a bicycle into the game.   Maybe a wheelbarrow, for crying out loud.

well theres power armor, maybe the jet pack mod is in there somewhere?

I think things like this are deliberately this way for gameplay reasons, there are probably no vehicles so the pace of the game is somewhat controllable.

vehicles are also notoriously buggy in a lot of games that have them, I feel like they would just get stuck a lot in all the awkward terrain and debris. like from a design perspective its something you'd want to agree on from the beginning so the map can actually support it.

@heathy87 said:

well theres power armor, maybe the jet pack mod is in there somewhere?

I certainly hope so.  One thing that I've always found lacking in Fallout 4 is the absence of NPC jet packing.  It's very disappointing to see someone equip a suit of jet pack equipped power armor, but never leave the ground.  

@pop-1280 said:

Pretty much everything in Fallout uses nuclear power.  The only overheating we ever really see is with Sentry bots.  Point being, coolant or no, if they can keep all those robots and synths and generators going, someone ought to be able to cobble together a working automobile.Besides, wagons don't need nukes or coolant and we don't get those either.  Let's see Bethesda do something truly impressive and stick a bicycle into the game.   Maybe a wheelbarrow, for crying out loud.

Those others need less power and move very slow as such. Why the Sentry bots now over heat.

Yeah, that's a more realistic request but there's been some issues with the engine and carts as they did try them in Skyrim.

I like the Factions idea...

It would be cool to see how they can expand  that part to help your character build and perks. Like obviously they can have the Lone perk to help those who choose not to partner, but it would be cool to play with the ideas of skill builds... For example if you have zero science and zero intelligence maybe  you can't join the BOS type division, maybe if you have strong Charisma your chance of being accepted into the faction is greater. Maybe they can work that out by allowing access to some factions even if you don't meet the other skill checks. Maybe once you join a team you have to keep your build in a certain way to keep with the role play. You can't all of a sudden become a drugged up rad head and be part of the good guys... Maybe a downside to grifting as you said is that your not able to play any other way or join any other team. The Radiers are able to enjoy and play that style but wouldn't be able to pass the skill checks to get the nukes so  you can kill and kill and kill but never can get the big prize of the nuke.

@vegna said:

@pop-1280 said:
 Pretty much everything in Fallout uses nuclear power.  The only overheating we ever really see is with Sentry bots.  Point being, coolant or no, if they can keep all those robots and synths and generators going, someone ought to be able to cobble together a working automobile.Besides, wagons don't need nukes or coolant and we don't get those either.  Let's see Bethesda do something truly impressive and stick a bicycle into the game.   Maybe a wheelbarrow, for crying out loud.
 Those others need less power and move very slow as such. Why the Sentry bots now over heat.
Yeah, that's a more realistic request but there's been some issues with the engine and carts as they did try them in Skyrim.

I would say that the weapons systems contribute more to overheating with Sentry bots than does their mobility.  At the very least, it's bound to be a contributing factor.  A vehicle, especially a jury rigged scrap vehicle, should have only the most basic requirements.  You wouldn't need to run all the bells and whistles, only the essentials.  A car stripped down to its fundamental function is a very simple beast.  Even so, a cooling system need not necessitate special coolant.  Why not water cooled?  It's not as efficient as coolant, and it'll have to be replenished more often, but it'll work.  And unless you're playing with a Winter mod, freezing shouldn't be an issue.  ;) 

But I know we aren't getting vehicles or horses or unicycles.  We're just gonna have to hoof it.  At least until that Creation Club Roller Derby add-on.

@pop-1280 said:

I would say that the weapons systems contribute more to overheating with Sentry bots than does their mobility.  At the very least, it's bound to be a contributing factor.  A vehicle, especially a jury rigged scrap vehicle, should have only the most basic requirements.  You wouldn't need to run all the bells and whistles, only the essentials.  A car stripped down to its fundamental function is a very simple beast.  Even so, a cooling system need not necessitate special coolant.  Why not water cooled?  It's not as efficient as coolant, and it'll have to be replenished more often, but it'll work.  And unless you're playing with a Winter mod, freezing shouldn't be an issue.  ;) But I know we aren't getting vehicles or horses or unicycles.  We're just gonna have to hoof it.  At least until that Creation Club Roller Derby add-on.

Yeah it would be part of it, why I mention the others not needing as much power. They are smaller and slower with more limited firepower. They also don't use Fusion cores.

I don't think the size you could fill with water would last long with the nuclear reactor. Of course the lore also shows that majority of cars are knocked out with the blasts, EMP fried a lot of them.

I still don't know why we haven't at least got a brahmin cart system, just port the horse and carriage from Skyrim...add a building for settlements and there you have a nice, fitting fast travel that works great with the lore and survival.

I really hope they have a feature to color armor and to add cosmetic mods to armor. Something a little more impactful than fallout 4.

Join the glorious mutants of the Firstborn. https://discord.gg/sMR4gd6

The glorious Firstborn mutants are always looking for more. All are welcome, to learn more check out https://bethesda.net/community/topic/215727/firstborn-open-recruiting