Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Why bethesda why take so long?

I've read that it might take up to 5 years! 5 years! 5 years of my life! I'll be freaking 30 when it releases! That's pretty sad Bethesda. Why you gotta be making other titles? I mean i get it. Fallout 76 seems good. It's Fallout! But Starfield? Also Couldn't you have concentrated more on the next installment of ES? Instead of Fallout? Or that bully ES:Online .. I mean commmmme on! It's been 8 YEARS WITHOUT ELDER SCROLLS! I NEED A NEW ELDER SCROLLS SINGLE PLAYER GAME. What is it with you guys focusing on other titles? Rage? I mean come on god dang it! WHO THE HELL WANT'S TO PLAY RAGE! And Doom. I'm not even ... i don't even follow the Doom series since like Doom 3 in the Original Xbox. lol

I mean geez Bethesda. I .. I just can't wait that long. No way. You disappoint me. 2022 .. man that's cruel. Maybe if it was like late 2019 but 2020 - 2022 it just infuriates me.

I DEMAND IT RELEASED THIS YEAR! OR NEXT YEAR! I don't care if it's full of bugs. Heck i'll pay 120$

@memogxilef said:

I'll be freaking 30 when it releases! 

I'm twice that age right now and I can wait.   It's just a video game.  In the grand scheme of things it is not at all important.   Calm down, relax, have a bit of patience.  It will be in your hands eventually.  

@memogxilef said:

So what? I'll be 66 by then.

I am 100% fine with Bethesda Game Studios taking their time to develop Starfield first before developing and releasing for sale The Elder Scrolls VI.

While Bethesda Game Studios is also developing and releasing for sale Fallout 76 this year, video game developers are human beings and they cannot keep on developing the same video game forever for the rest of their lives.

Todd Howard got burnt out on having developing The Elder Scrolls video games for twenty four years now and Fallout video games for like 11+ years.

Todd Howard said he wants to do new thing in video games, he wants to develop brand new video games.

Bethesda Game Studios needs to let their creative freedom flourish.

The Elder Scrolls VI needs a long break anyways I was very disappointed with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and with The Elder Scrolls VI Bethesda Game Studios can come back refreshed and develop The Elder Scrolls VI to be a much better video game than The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim or end up developing it to be a very bad video game, maybe worse than The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Who knows.

@memogxilef said:

😆 

@memogxilef said:

I DEMAND IT RELEASED THIS YEAR! OR NEXT YEAR! I don't care if it's full of bugs. Heck i'll pay 120$

So you want a crappy, unfinished game full of bugs, instead of a quality product? OK...

This thread really confirms the stereotypes us grumpy old men above 40 have about millenials, that's for sure...

@angrynord said:

This thread really confirms the stereotypes us grumpy old men above 40 have about millenials, that's for sure...

I'm guessing (hoping) that this is a troll thread, and not serious.

I'll be freaking 130, and still shagging like its 1923.

@angrynord said:

So you want a crappy, unfinished game full of bugs, instead of a quality product? OK...

We don't joke like that about Bethesda games around here.

@angrynord said:

I must be the exception then, being 27 myself. 😁

Unlike the op, I have no problem waiting for the next elder scrolls game. Sure I would want it to come out soon, but I understand that Bethesda has a lot on their plate and have other games they wish to make and are making before TES 6 comes out. 

I'd rather wait another 5 years for a great game then one more year for a lesser product. Besides, I'm curious about Fallout 76 and Starfield and I still have my other games to occupy my time. It's going to be ok.

If TES 6 is in Pre-Production at most I can see 3 and a half years, no more then 5 but 4 years is possible. I've also heard it won't be released to next Gen Playstation or Xbox comes out and I'm not going to say what can the PS5 do that the PS4 Pro can't but if I can transfer my PS4 games over to the PS5 then so be it. 

My only hope is that by the time it comes out I'll still have the "free time" to devote to playing it. Not sure how that will happen if there are any little DuVtrell's in the future but I'm sure I'll be keeping a watchful eye on my favorite video game franchise. I'm 29 now. I just find it crappy we'll have to wait over a decade for the next TES to come out. Rather unprecedented for such a popular game series. Stay single player.

Sad lack of understanding --- 

Of course I want another ES game as soon as possible, but I want it done right!!!  

Also, Starfield sounds awesome, I can't wait.

Also,  I am glad to see others who are my age  on the forum.  Unfortunately, I am only 30 in my games, not in real life.  

I want quality, I can wait. Meanwhile I have ESO and Elder Scrolls: Blades. and Modded Skyrim

@angrynord said:

@memogxilef said:

Uh, when was the last time that happened? I think I missed it.

@angrynord said:

@memogxilef said:

We get lots of bugs anyway :)
We know it will be giant spiders as an minimum, might even be as bad as in Morrowind. 

And its kind of weird, they could make an killing dropping an TES and Fallout game every second year, yes it would be less changes between games, more reused content, more radiant quest but they could do it for decades with most fans being happy.
No BGS is not designed to do an assassin creed roll-out and it would probably kill them, Zenimax know this. 

Woe is us, oy vey!

The "delay", according to Todd Howard, is because BGS has plans for VI that simply could not be achieved given the current technology. So while they waited for the tech to get developed, they went ahead with: Starfield, F76, ES: Blades, etc., etc.  It's not because they don't want to make it, nor are they neglecting their ES fans.  They want to do the next one even bigger and better than anything previously.

And - yes - it will be damn hard to wait another 4-5 years for it, even with Starfield to try in the next 2-ish years.

It's gonna be a long and hard wait, but honestly, with Skyrim Remastered on X-Box One, Fallout 4, and the upcoming Fallout 76, Starfield, and Elder Scrolls: Blades, I have plenty to keep me occupied until then. 

@franchise408 said:

I have plenty to keep me occupied until then. 

I feel the same way.  I am still occupied by Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim and Fallout 4.  I haven't played Morrowind and Skyrim in years and am particularly eager to get back to those two.  

I am actually kind of relieved that TES VI is not imminent. It gives me time to play new characters and try out new (and revisit old) mods in Bethesda's existing games.  :)