Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

is Comrade Kellogg a communist

he must be his first name is freaking Comrade, a communist term

@mr_foreman said:

he must be his first name is freaking Comrade, a communist term

His first name is Conrad, ya yutz!  :)

I am sorry, but I ended up laughing so much my belly hurts!

// My art - http://tenebrare.tumblr.com/ + FanArt sections of forums here
// Institute Fan Club
// Have a CITastic Day!

What about them Brotherhood, then? They, if anyone, show comradeship. They literally have a ship of comrades!

Fallout 4 - Trying to play it on PS4 and trying to break it on PC.

I assume you are joking, comrade does not have to be anything to do with communists, it just means a colleague, a fellow member of an organisation or of the armed forces! and even if it did mean communist, so what, its a game.

@addikti said:

What about them Brotherhood, then? They, if anyone, show comradeship. They literally have a ship of comrades!

WRONG!  They have a ship full of yutz's.  Besides, I think there's a difference between Comrades in Arms and Comrades.  Besides, comrades was a word long before communism took over.  Watch out for the Red Devil though!

you know comrade is a term of endearment as well, right?

“It is folly for a man to pray to the gods for that which he has the power to obtain by himself.”
― Epicurus

@apollyonvirulentus said:

For whom?  I prefer, "friend" or "frenemy" or even "co-worker".  Comrade sounds like some yahoo you picked up to take a bus trip with you 'cause they had a cool boombox... Ooops!  My '80's are showing!

@daelonduluc2016 said:

For whom?  I prefer, "friend" or "frenemy" or even "co-worker".  Comrade sounds like some yahoo you picked up to take a bus trip with you 'cause they had a cool boombox... Ooops!  My '80's are showing!

In my country being called comrade is actually an insult. Complex history is complex.Unless its done by friend.

// Institute Fan Club
// Have a CITastic Day!

@kyra said:

@daelonduluc2016 said:
 In my country being called comrade is actually an insult. Complex history is complex.Unless its done by friend.

Agreed.  I saw a fascinating show about former block countries on the History Channel not too long ago.  Your people(s) certainly didn't put up with the BS.  I have a vast amount of admiration and not more than a little sorrow about some of the repercussions.  My hat is off to you and your "android" minions.

The Commie Whacker and Whac-a-Commie game always make me smile, as a running dog lackey of post industrial capitalist imperialism.

Fallout 4-76 | SKK FastStart | SKK FastReunions | SKK CombatStalkers | SKK InstantBattleground | SKK WorkshopUtilities | SKK QuantumStorage | SKK DynamicTime | Dogmeat Sniffs Glue | Kellogg Companion | All 40+ SKK Mods

@kyra said:

@daelonduluc2016 said:

what country is that?

@mr_foreman said:

what country is that?

One of those eastern European countries. For us  communist is bigger insult than comparing with regime that existed in Germany. but that discussion cannot go any further - forum rules and all. But we can discuss this in private if have genuine interest. 

// Institute Fan Club
// Have a CITastic Day!

@addikti said:

@xrat said:

I assume you are joking, comrade does not have to be anything to do with communists, it just means a colleague, a fellow member of an organisation or of the armed forces! and even if it did mean communist, so what, its a game.

only Commies use the word Comrade now days, anyways just because people show Comradeship does not make him a Comrade, being communist would make someone a comrade unless you lived before Commies used the word

*Quietly takes notes in the corner of what is said so I can report Communist behaviour to the authorities*

Don't trust anything I say

Cricket left 7NapoleonBlownApart7 for me

@mr_foreman said:

only Commies use the word Comrade now days, anyways just because people show Comradeship does not make him a Comrade, being communist would make someone a comrade unless you lived before Commies used the word

View to word itself probably also depends of language  too I guess.  For example  the word  we here use nowadays for  the particular term 'comrade' is derivative from the  Russian term товарищ (read as : tovarishch) and in English the translation would be 'comrade' while the local word  in my  language for it would refer directly to  soviet era. Thus being  negative word, while, when you use slightly different  synonym word - there's absolutely no issue. It is probably similar thing with American culture  and words in it (i.e in US use of n-word would be serious insult [and me even typing it out would probably be immediate permanent ban], where as in my language it is a  100% neutral word  and has absolute no such  connotation as it has in modern English language)

// Institute Fan Club
// Have a CITastic Day!

@kyra said:

in US use of n-word would be serious insult [and me even typing it out would probably be immediate permanent ban], 

That's right.  Anyone typing "Netflix" gets permanently banned.  

Forum Rules I Code of Conduct I Terms of Service I Help Site

@pseronwyrd said:

@kyra said:
 in US use of n-word would be serious insult [and me even typing it out would probably be immediate permanent ban], 
 That's right.  Anyone typing "Netflix" gets permanently banned.  

One day I am dying to laugh and then you would be held responsible ! Careful Interpol is coming for you!

// Institute Fan Club
// Have a CITastic Day!

@mr_foreman said:

@addikti said:

@xrat said:

Not sure where you have gained the impression that comrade refers only to communists you obviously do not live where I do, perhaps you should get out and see the world more. As I said though it is only a game so who cares, there is good and bad in all people and countries regardless of what you call them.

Nyet товарищ (tah-vah-risch)....  His Mom and wife called him Connie, remember? Not Commie.. like those Ebol Chinese Commies...  : )