Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Creation Club of the future

I think, with a mixed bag of approval, we all have come to realize that Creation Club is not going away and will be a part of any future Bethesda title, including any new Fallout Series.  That said, it is in our collective best interest to make it serve the consumer the best that it can.

I am sure I will get an eye full in responses, but I actually like the concept if it actually produces worthwhile content and protects my achievments.

My only suggestion for Bethesda (if your reading), is the manner that you are marketing it.  I think, if there would be a commitment to have actual game content that adds to the value of the title, that a season pass (pay once for a reasonable cost) access to the content (even it it were to be renewed annually) would be more convenient over the current purchase points system and might attract more subscribers.  

Maybe keeping both options would be worth your while and increase sales.  But the key for Creation Club is to move forward from ascetics mods like skins, dogs and pipboys and get into real game content.  A model that would sell modder content for a re-seller fee going to Bethesda, would allow modders to be paid for their work and generate profit for the publisher.

At the end of the day, I would like to see some real game enhancers that I could install that would not impact on my achievements (no cheats, just quests, character, settlement and graphical enhancements). Now this will illicit allot of complaints from many on paying for what should already be there etc etc.  I would say you can still go the mod route and take the achievement hit if you wish.

I would just like to have the choice to pay a one time reasonable fee for enhancements to keep my achievements, or not, and give modders a chance to be recognized and compensated for their mod work.  My 2-cents

They already tried the whole selling mods thing on Steam. It.. did not end well.

Interesting idea with a subscription model but I can see a company charging a lot for something like that

Don't trust anything I say

Always felt a subscription based access to CC would be a much better idea as it would in theory incentivize Bethesda to provide better quality content to reel people in. You could have different options for subscriptions based on a time frame. For example a subscription for 3 months where you get access to all creations within that period. It would also remove the bloatware issue for people who don't want it to begin with.

Marp Marp

Hell, there's only 2 things they need to do:

1) stop selling CC credits - allow people to purchase things outright

2) stop forcing loading all the content onto consoles - only install what the buyer purchases

Being able to enable/disable like mods would also be a smart step, but the first 2 totally put me off of any CC content.

CC, leave my game alone!

@otherwhere said:

2) stop forcing loading all the content onto consoles - only install what the buyer purchases
Being able to enable/disable like mods would also be a smart step, but the first 2 totally put me off of any CC content.

I like this idea better. My only question is there a game that sells micro-transactions that doesn't use a form of crypto currency?

Marp Marp

@duvtrell said:

@otherwhere said:
 I like this idea better. My only question is there a game that sells micro-transactions that doesn't use a form of crypto currency?

Not if they're following "the model". But it is a totally manipulative, anti-consumer approach and one that ought to be done away with. (imo)

CC, leave my game alone!

@otherwhere said:

Unfortunately 2 is really up to the console manufacturers and the auto download is Bethesda's workaround by making it a "patch" which have no limits

Don't trust anything I say

Might it involve something that I might actually have some use for?  Skins, retextures and poor copies of mod items hasn't made me very happy at this point.

Keeping my fingers crossed for 'em though.  Gotta make the bucks to buy those developers coffee and bagels every day sot hey can keep on developing!

I feel the same way.

Like I mention, I really don't mind the idea of creation club, just the way it is presented and the quality of the current offerings.  I say this with the realization that this is new for Bethesda and the is room to grow, so I am not criticizing as much as I am providing suggestions for the future.

It is accurate that Bethesda has no choice but to do the pre-download on consoles, as neither Microsoft or Sony gave them any other options.  I think it would be a mute point if they went the way of a "season pass", with a script interface for the user to activate or deactivate each at will, as they could follow a DLC model.  This way you actually own everything on your system, but can chose to use it or not.

I actually feel that I would benefit from such a paid service, if the content was relevant and aimed at extending the life of my game so that I can make it to the next release ... lol  So add quests, companions, etc things that add to the experience ... not a dog or a skin, which is cute, but useless.

2-cents for today ... lol 

The problem with all this is, well, Bethesda has to want to improve CC, it really doesn't matter what we suggest, complain or want. So far we haven't seen any indications Bethesda wants to improve CC so we all get something out of it. Are they actually listening? I'm not too sure. 

Marp Marp

@otherwhere said:

I always wondered about 2.  People use the excuse that all games upload DLC content pending purchase, but that just isn't true.  If it was, why do DLC's have their own size needs?

@uprightshark said:

I feel the same way.
Like I mention, I really don't mind the idea of creation club, just the way it is presented and the quality of the current offerings.  I say this with the realization that this is new for Bethesda and the is room to grow, so I am not criticizing as much as I am providing suggestions for the future.
It is accurate that Bethesda has no choice but to do the pre-download on consoles, as neither Microsoft or Sony gave them any other options.  I think it would be a mute point if they went the way of a "season pass", with a script interface for the user to activate or deactivate each at will, as they could follow a DLC model.  This way you actually own everything on your system, but can chose to use it or not.
I actually feel that I would benefit from such a paid service, if the content was relevant and aimed at extending the life of my game so that I can make it to the next release ... lol  So add quests, companions, etc things that add to the experience ... not a dog or a skin, which is cute, but useless.
2-cents for today ... lol 

I don't think that that is true.  Were the DLC's for Fallout pre-downloaded pending release and purchase?  No.  Not for any of the Fallouts, TES or any other games for that matter.  If they were then there wouldn't be any mbs or gbs or whatever, required nor would a download even been needed when you purchase them.  They would just need activated.

It is my understanding that they download everything pending activation (which, in my case, will probably never happen) as part of their "patch"/updates.

Now  I wouldn't have an issue with it if they were just the activation coding that allowed for it to be uploaded at purchase, but, the entire dataset?  Why?

@daelonduluc2016 said:

Now  I wouldn't have an issue with it if they were just the activation coding that allowed for it to be uploaded at purchase, but, the entire dataset?  Why?

This. I never had the 0KB error until all this stuff started being added to my game. Now I can't use most of the mods I once used because I instantly get that error. There's too much loaded into system memory on my PS4 due to CC content, used and otherwise. They will reach a critical mass state where anything else added via the CC will break the game for console players. There's a limit of what can be added, and we're fast approaching that with these added but unused items.

@zheyrryhn said:

@daelonduluc2016 said:
 This. I never had the 0KB error until all this stuff started being added to my game. Now I can't use most of the mods I once used because I instantly get that error. There's too much loaded into system memory on my PS4 due to CC content, used and otherwise. They will reach a critical mass state where anything else added via the CC will break the game for console players. There's a limit of what can be added, and we're fast approaching that with these added but unused items.

I do know that the 0kb error message on the PS4 is related to Mod conflicts.  I used to get it regularly in Skyrim until I got the order right.

I'm lucky that I clean out my system regularly and don't use a lot of digital games.  I only have the 500gb so I like to keep it about 1/2.

@otherwhere said:

@duvtrell said:
@otherwhere said:
 Not if they're following "the model". But it is a totally manipulative, anti-consumer approach and one that ought to be done away with. (imo)

Yes. Final Fantasy XV. The micro transactions are right in the consoles store for real money. And the little ones, like skins and weapons, are cheap.  

PSN: Blueskyla_8
Twitter: @BlueSkylaGamer

@daelonduluc2016 said:

@zheyrryhn said:
@daelonduluc2016 said:
 I do know that the 0kb error message on the PS4 is related to Mod conflicts.  I used to get it regularly in Skyrim until I got the order right.
I'm lucky that I clean out my system regularly and don't use a lot of digital games.  I only have the 500gb so I like to keep it about 1/2.

I have gotten that bug for both games prior to mods on console. So it’s actually NOT the mods fault.  But having a bad LO can exacerbate an existing unknown problem. I think it has mostly to do with the catche filling up all the way making the game think it’s out of memory, by that’s just a guess. 

BUT those errors I had were rare and far and few in between. After the CC came about I started to have these problems with FO4 like crazy way too often. 

I solved my problem by following the instructions from THIS THREAD. I didn’t need to uninstall or reinstall the game either. By I definitely had some corruption going on. I deleted all mods, saved all screen grabs and video onto different HD, backed up all saves as well, cleared the catche and I cleared out the corruption. 

I reloaded my unmodded games and they worked fine. Then I started a fresh modded game and painstakingly added mods little by little with lots of restarts, hard restarts in between. But now my modded games run corruption free, unless I try to play the game without a hard reset first. So each time I play, I ensure the console has been cleared of its Catche first. 

The author of this guide also has a helpful guide for LO assistance. So having a healthy LO with a cleared out catche beforehand will help tremendously. 

Good luck. It’s a slow process but well worth a working game with no save errors. Happy modding!

@daelonduluc2016 said:

@otherwhere said:
 I always wondered about 2.  People use the excuse that all games upload DLC content pending purchase, but that just isn't true.  If it was, why do DLC's have their own size needs?

Bethesda has no choice but to download CC content automatically on consoles. Both the XB1 and PS4 have a limit on mod storage space and this is the only way to get around it. If you have a problem with it then complain to Microsoft or Sony, there's nothing Bethesda can do.

Also, DLC IS often released within a game or in a patch, requiring an unlock "key" in order to use.

@sirstephenh said:

@daelonduluc2016 said:
@otherwhere said:
Bethesda has no choice but to download CC content automatically on consoles. Both the XB1 and PS4 have a limit on mod storage space and this is the only way to get around it. If you have a problem with it then complain to Microsoft or Sony, there's nothing Bethesda can do.
Also, DLC IS often released within a game or in a patch, requiring an unlock "key" in order to use.

BS.  This is Bethesda's issue, not Sony or Microsoft's.  Bethesda made the choice to institute the CC AND to download content w/out permission of the consumer.  They do not NEED to get around the mod limit and never did need to.  Sure a few people complained, but I, for one, have been using over 90 mods on both games for months now and have always had plenty of space.  The limit is there for a reason - performance - nothing more.  The CC is just a cash grab at this point.  There are not DLCs/expansions now nor will there ever be.  It is simply a way for them to make extra money on micro's.

Don't get me wrong.  They're welcome to it.  I don't use the CC and it should be my choice as to whether the content is downloaded to my system and using up space. 

I don't accept it on my laptop, my desktop, my smartphone or any of my other devices so why is it A-Okay for Beth to do it on my console?

I have choice.  This is no choice.  I have content that I will NEVER use.  As  pointed out.  If these were truly to be considered DLCs then they would have embedded the activation and download coding in to the game and the content would ONLY have been downloaded if the purchaser chose to do so.  No, Beth didn't do that.  They embedded the entirety of the content in to the coding and mechanics of the standard update system and basically malwared it in to our systems. 

That is wrong.

@daelonduluc2016 said:

@sirstephenh said:
@daelonduluc2016 said:
@otherwhere said:
 BS.  This is Bethesda's issue, not Sony or Microsoft's.  Bethesda made the choice to institute the CC AND to download content w/out permission of the consumer.  They do not NEED to get around the mod limit and never did need to.  Sure a few people complained, but I, for one, have been using over 90 mods on both games for months now and have always had plenty of space.  The limit is there for a reason - performance - nothing more.  The CC is just a cash grab at this point.  There are not DLCs/expansions now nor will there ever be.  It is simply a way for them to make extra money on micro's.
Don't get me wrong.  They're welcome to it.  I don't use the CC and it should be my choice as to whether the content is downloaded to my system and using up space. 
I don't accept it on my laptop, my desktop, my smartphone or any of my other devices so why is it A-Okay for Beth to do it on my console?
I have choice.  This is no choice.  I have content that I will NEVER use.  As  pointed out.  If these were truly to be considered DLCs then they would have embedded the activation and download coding in to the game and the content would ONLY have been downloaded if the purchaser chose to do so.  No, Beth didn't do that.  They embedded the entirety of the content in to the coding and mechanics of the standard update system and basically malwared it in to our systems. 
That is wrong.

First off, it was caused by Bethesda because they force us to use the crypto currency. The way it’s all setup, through the game and not the store is what forces them to reload it onto console. All games with crypto currency do this, like GTAV and such. So with the way they implemented it, it will be highly unlikely for them to fix this issue for this reason. 

Now if it were all available in the store and NOT through the game, this problem would be solved. BUT the caveat with this, would cause your system to use a lot more space with each purchase of CC items if they were in the store, well for PS4 at least since there is a minimum size for DLC content no matter how tiny. But it also wouldn’t be hogging up your HD if you chose to not use CC content. 

So yes, I agree it was Bethesda’s fault and placing the blame on the consoles is underhanded, because I’m sure they KNEW this limitation with having the CC through the game and not the platforms stores. They just wanted to save money for leasing storage from the consoles and instead are overcharging us with the use of crypto currency. 

@blueskyla said:

@daelonduluc2016 said:
@sirstephenh said:
@daelonduluc2016 said:
@otherwhere said:
That is wrong.
First off, it was caused by Bethesda because they force us to use the crypto currency. The way it’s all setup, through the game and not the store is what forces them to reload it onto console. All games with crypto currency do this, like GTAV and such. So with the way they implemented it, it will be highly unlikely for them to fix this issue for this reason. 
Now if it were all available in the store and NOT through the game, this problem would be solved. BUT the caveat with this, would cause your system to use a lot more space with each purchase of CC items if they were in the store, well for PS4 at least since there is a minimum size for DLC content no matter how tiny. But it also wouldn’t be hogging up your HD if you chose to not use CC content. 
So yes, I agree it was Bethesda’s fault and placing the blame on the consoles is underhanded, because I’m sure they KNEW this limitation with having the CC through the game and not the platforms stores. They just wanted to save money for leasing storage from the consoles and instead are overcharging us with the use of crypto currency. 

Don't care.  Don't want it.  Don't trust "crypto" currency.  Looking forward to watching the world burn! :)