Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Things that Annoy/Bug us in Skyrim

(Beforehand Comment- I was inspired by a Thread created by a Forum Member in the FO4 Thread to create this, mainly out of curiosity)

So, Skyrim is one of the greatest Games to have ever existed. It really put Elder Scrolls on the Map, and was a starting point for many of us Elder Scrolls Fans out there. But that doesn't mean it's Perfect either. It does have it's issues here and there that when Nitpicked, can really Annoy someone. So here we can discuss those little Details that just Nag at the back of our Skulls every time we start up the game. Feel free to post yours, here's mine:

-Unable to say "NO". This is almost a staple in most of BethSoft's Elder Scrolls/Fallout Games. Your the Good Guy, you always help out the week and needy, those who are clearly able to Complete the Task themselves, but are too lazy to do so. Now, you can just back out of the Conversation, but like with everyone's favorite Punching Bag, Preston Garvey, they just don't take "NO" for an Answer (Couriers are the worst, you can't even back out of the Convo, even if a Dragon is attacking).

"It's not gettin' to the Land of the Dead that's the Problem... it's gettin' back" -Barbosa (PotC 3: At World's End)

"I'm just a Rogue Wolf who enjoys his Belly Rubs, Nice and Gentle with a little PReasure up the Cest and down the Ribs" -Me

@roguewolfstudios said:

But that doesn't mean it's Perfect either.

True, but actually nothing annoys me in Skyrim. You can say "no" more often than you imagine, by the way. :)

There are things that bother me, like quests that do not work properly but, when I come across one of those, I launch the CK and fix it. And I love using the CK. ;)

My makings on Bethesda.net and TES Alliance | My tutorials on TES Alliance

Skyrim Classic on Steam

@ladyonthemoon said:

@roguewolfstudios said:
 True, but actually nothing annoys me in Skyrim. You can say "no" more often than you imagine, by the way. :)
There are things that bother me, like quests that do not work properly but, when I come across one of those, I launch the CK and fix it. And I love using the CK. ;)

Just thought of one while I was reading your comment, the fact it always Equips your Weakest Arrows first. Now I know why they did it, to kee the good Arrows for Stronger Enemies, but I usually have about 300+ of those Arrows so I always get annoyed by it. Again, something that's very, VERY, minor but still can notice it from time to time.

"It's not gettin' to the Land of the Dead that's the Problem... it's gettin' back" -Barbosa (PotC 3: At World's End)

"I'm just a Rogue Wolf who enjoys his Belly Rubs, Nice and Gentle with a little PReasure up the Cest and down the Ribs" -Me

continuously being attacked by something on the roads.  makes horse riding a pain in the backside, especially with the terrible mounted combat.

oh, and the combat music, it grates my nerves whenever I hear it.

Tomorrow never comes until it's too late

@beyasal said:

continuously being attacked by something on the roads.  makes horse riding a pain in the backside, especially with the terrible mounted combat.
oh, and the combat music, it grates my nerves whenever I hear it.

I got tired of the Music changing whenever a random Wolf decides he has balls, so I Muted Music entirely

Nazeem.

@roguewolfstudios said:

@ladyonthemoon said:
@roguewolfstudios said:
 Just thought of one while I was reading your comment, the fact it always Equips your Weakest Arrows first. Now I know why they did it, to kee the good Arrows for Stronger Enemies, but I usually have about 300+ of those Arrows so I always get annoyed by it. Again, something that's very, VERY, minor but still can notice it from time to time.

Actually, there is one thing that irks me, a lot. When you go in an inn with a bard, the bard begins singing, which is his part, but if you go to bed and he is singing and you sleep 8 hours, the song will resume exactly where it was when you clicked on the bed 8 hours before! That's the only thing that annoys me. One day, I'll have to do something about that.

This also happens with scene npcs play with each other. You go to bed when Willem tell the girl whose name I've forgotten "You should continue with your performances!" and you wake up eight hours or more later hearing the girl answering "What's the point Willem? It's only for a few people and always the same!" :facepalm:

Skyrim Classic on Steam

As a stealth distant combatant being unable to take part effectively defending villages against dragon (or other ) attacks for fear of inadvertently killing by friendly fire, including ones you do not want to kill, but also standing there and watching the dragon take down someone you want alive if you don't. Ranged attacks great any other time but somehow useless for these situations.

@xrat said:

As a stealth distant combatant being unable to take part effectively defending villages against dragon (or other ) attacks for fear of inadvertently killing by friendly fire,

It's for you to move and find a place above the crowd so that you don't risk killing anyone. Hardly unable to do that...

Skyrim Classic on Steam

@ladyonthemoon said:

@xrat said:
As a stealth distant combatant being unable to take part effectively defending villages against dragon (or other ) attacks for fear of inadvertently killing by friendly fire,
 It's for you to move and find a place above the crowd so that you don't risk killing anyone. Hardly unable to do that...

Well, I have Mods that make evertone, except for guards/warriors (Compaions) run into the nearest Safe Spot in that event.

@ladyonthemoon said:

Hardly unable to do that...

modded, true.   I jump much higher by the power of mod lol.    Nothing extreme,  spockrates 2X jump mod.  Have thought about the 5X for giggles..or both since they stack if I read right lol.   

Unmodded...sometimes that little hop vanilla gives does not get you elevation to use the terrain/environment well.  Leads to a BGS annoyance in general.  How come our hero's and heroines can do epic feats of, well, heroism.   But they can't scale a wall,  pull themselves up a ledge, etc.   

Other work around here is just make a stupid imba bow (very possible in vanilla lol, stalhrim and chaos enchant one fun combo known)  and shoot dragons in the sky.  Only downside besides bending the game balance a little is this is how I lost a few corpses.  As where those darn dragons landed to die I could never found out. I found jimmy hoffa,  the loch ness monster...no dragon body though.  

@hidden_markov said:

modded, true.

No. You don't need mods to find proper places from where to shoot your arrows or spells.

Skyrim Classic on Steam

@ladyonthemoon said:

@hidden_markov said:
 modded, true.
 No. You don't need mods to find proper places from where to shoot your arrows or spells.

Agreed, or just make sure you aren't aiming at the ground. During a Dragon Attack, they are mostly Flying around and Landing on Buildings, so if you somehow manage to shoot a Civie, well, I have found that only happens when I deliberately do it.

Speaking of which. Why hasn't anyone made a Mod that makes those kind of Kills not illegal. I'm not saying Like don't get punished, but not turn everyone against you for a accidental Friendly-Arrow/Spell

Don't like being forced to become a leader of a faction to finish it's quest line.  I want to be an adventurer, not babysit a faction for the rest of my life.  (At least FO4 fixed this for two of it's four factions).  Yeah I know you don't have to ever visit the faction ever again after becoming leader ... but honestly that makes less sense than you becoming the leader to begin with.  The factions overall are just feel very incomplete, are linear, and not well done at all.

I don't like selling my soul with no option to even say no.  (seriously when you get to that point the only option you have is to say YES).  I don't like being forced to be a WW to finished the companions.  Honestly I'd rather join the Silver Hand and wipe out the cursed ones.  On that note I'd also rather join the Lioness and wipe out the Thieves Guild.  Options ... I would like more options.  (at least we can wipe out the DB ... after murdering an unarmed old woman ... groin).  Note this is more faction issues.  I'll note also that it's easier for a 12th level fighter to become the Grand Master of the Mages Guild than it is for a mage.

Now days I just play around things like this and try to pretend best I can it's not there.

@leburns said:

Don't like being forced to become a leader of a faction to finish it's quest line.  I want to be an adventurer, not babysit a faction for the rest of my life.  (At least FO4 fixed this for two of it's four factions).  Yeah I know you don't have to ever visit the faction ever again after becoming leader ... but honestly that makes less sense than you becoming the leader to begin with.  The factions overall are just feel very incomplete, are linear, and not well done at all.
I don't like selling my soul with no option to even say no.  (seriously when you get to that point the only option you have is to say YES).  I don't like being forced to be a WW to finished the companions.  Honestly I'd rather join the Silver Hand and wipe out the cursed ones.  On that note I'd also rather join the Lioness and wipe out the Thieves Guild.  Options ... I would like more options.  (at least we can wipe out the DB ... after murdering an unarmed old woman ... groin).  Note this is more faction issues.  I'll note also that it's easier for a 12th level fighter to become the Grand Master of the Mages Guild than it is for a mage.
Now days I just play around things like this and try to pretend best I can it's not there.

The Werewolf one always annoyed me. The part that seriously pissed me off, was there was no way around it, you HAVE TO become a Werewolf to finish the Companion's Questline. If you say no to Skjor, he gets pissed and the Questline Stalls until, you take on Aela. What if I wanna be a Vampire Lord AND a Werewolf, nope, it's one or the other.

Another thing, When you are a Vampire, every Inn gives the Quest to Cure it. What if I like being a Vampire, what if I'm like Rayne (BloodRayne) and am one of the "Good Vampires"? Why can't I just be a Vampire and NOT have everyone tell me to get myself cured.

Second Thing: the Dawnguard is a strict "No Vampires amongst our Ranks"... inless your a Hot Serana, then Isran doesn't care. If they can allow Serana, a Daughter of Coldharbour, why can't I be allowed to be a Vampire AND serve as a Dwanguard Member?

Ive posted about this before but the headgear issues on argonians and khajiit drive me crazy. Im fine with argonian's horns disappearing in hoods because hoods would look even worse if they didn't but helmets not fully covering the backside of their heads and the nightingale hood completely molding their head shape just drives me nuts. Also have you ever thought about how weird it is if you are an argonian werewolf and you turn from a cold blooded reptile to a worm blooded wolf or if you are khajiit then turning from a cat to a dog.

@ladyonthemoon said:

@xrat said:

Not easy in vanilla when the attacks are unexpected particularly if you have fast travelled in, Riften is a prime example where you arrive outside the gate and a dragon appears immediately, obviously you have never tried it or you could tell me where above the crowd you go, oh yes above the gates perhaps by which time the attack is all over, I think you miss the point, again.

@xrat said:

@ladyonthemoon said:
@xrat said:
 Not easy in vanilla when the attacks are unexpected particularly if you have fast travelled in, Riften is a prime example where you arrive outside the gate and a dragon appears immediately, obviously you have never tried it or you could tell me where above the crowd you go, oh yes above the gates perhaps by which time the attack is all over, I think you miss the point, again.

Dragons fly and anywhere you go the ground is never flat. You can always find a place slightly elevated anywhere. You need to learn how to play this game and how to aim.

Skyrim Classic on Steam

@ladyonthemoon said:

@xrat said:
@ladyonthemoon said:
@xrat said:
 Dragons fly and anywhere you go the ground is never flat. You can always find a place slightly elevated anywhere. You need to learn how to play this game and how to aim.

Dragons also land and the personal comment is not appreciated but then that's all you do.

@xrat said:

@ladyonthemoon said:
@xrat said:
@ladyonthemoon said:
@xrat said:
 Dragons also land and the personal comment is not appreciated but then that's all you do.

Dragons are huge, they largely stick out of the npcs who fight them.

Skyrim Classic on Steam