Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Should maps be more interactive

In Quake 1, you could literally hide on top of most doors, and most walls near the sky)

In Quake Champions, although there is a ledge, its actually pefectly aligned with wall, making it so you cannot stand on top of the door. I find that there is very little you can do to be creative player

there are also geometry inconsistencies. Remember the pillars in Church of Azathoth? Some of them you can jump onto, but not all of them because some have an invisible wall. Confusing.

Player name: Yog Sothoth // BRING BACK THE GL!!! // "Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. " - H. P. Lovecraft, "The Dunwich Horror"

@last_transmission said:

there are also geometry inconsistencies. Remember the pillars in Church of Azathoth? Some of them you can jump onto, but not all of them because some have an invisible wall. Confusing.

I agree there is some annoying limitations in most maps. I don't see the reason to block access to the pillars next to RL on azatoth.
Also capturing obelisks from the top is limited on at least lockbox, ruins and tempest shrine.

The worst limitation i think is blocking access through the hole in the wall on burial chamber point A in sac. This would be a good 3rd route for ranger/rocket jump.
Also the ranger orb in ruins from a long distance gets blocked before reaching point A in sac. So from a long distance you cannot teleport on top of the obelisk.

These should be easy fixes for the next patch.

Definitely... although you can shoot up the book cases in Blood Covenant.

Maybe not what you were meaning, but I'd love to see more interactive elements of the map itself, like moveables. There are some hints that moving platforms are coming (the T pillar on Sarnath was supposed to move, and the quad platform in Lockbox was shown to be moving back and forth). Moveables that can be controlled by players and alter the map geometry and routes (similar to what Elder did, although there's a lot more that could be done) would be really interesting for both duel and team modes. 

@last_transmission said:

Ever tried to throw the soul out on Blood Covenant, or airstrafe from the obelisk room into the side room, through outside?

grinds my gears...

Playin' gamz. Teachin' nubz.