Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Patch Notes - Early Access Update - 9.11.17 - Updated: Hotfix 15.11.2017

15.11.2017 Update: We'll be deploying a Hotfix today starting at 10:00am EST that will take the servers OFFLINE for approximately 1 hour. The Hotfix will address the following issue:

Fix List:

• Fixed infinite loading screen issue affecting new players using Steam who had not previously linked their Bethesda.net accounts.

‘Netcode’ / Performance

• Fix for random miss-hits for players that have a big difference in fps 
  • Further bandwidth optimization – reduced client upload data 
  • Fixed spikes on warmup that caused champions jittering (this is something we strive to improve atm)

Functionality

• Adjusted DOOM Slayer & B.J. Blazkowicz’s hitboxes so they should take damage on shots fired between their legs
  • Fixed issue when correct ping was showed only to current player
  • Fixed issue when B.J. Blazkowicz’s guns could misfire while in active ability
  • Fixed issue when Clutch shield not blocking properly
  • Fixed issue when enemy’s markers persisted on the death screen
  • Fixed issue with tutorial videos not playing
  • Fixed issue when the power-up effects would appear in the level away from the power-up spawn location

Art

•  ‘Terror-Billy’ skin clipping issues improved

@tokyopunchout said:

Fixed issue when enemy’s markers persisted on the death screen

Aww, I actually liked that feature. 

Orbb did nothing wrong! #freeorbb
vespa ingame

"Ask anything"❓

oooo, something to make me play longer than 2h today (wink wink)

@tokyopunchout said:

Further bandwidth optimization – reduced client upload data 
Fixed spikes on warmup that caused champions jittering (this is something we strive to improve atm)

people are gonna have better hitreg and less lag!

Playin' gamz. Teachin' nubz.

and when the patch will be on? 

@tokyopunchout said:

Adjusted DOOM Slayer & B.J. Blazkowicz’s hitboxes so they should take damage on shots fired between their legs

you make it easier to hit him because he is too fast??? Your try to balance this ability disaster destroys the gameplay completly. I play a few rounds after each new patch only to quit playing it until a new patch. Streamers are only playing it becasue they can win money in tournaments. How long will it take you until you realize you have to make quake like quake again???

@vajranoid said:

@tokyopunchout said:
Adjusted DOOM Slayer & B.J. Blazkowicz’s hitboxes so they should take damage on shots fired between their legs
you make it easier to hit him because he is too fast??? Your try to balance this ability disaster destroys the gameplay completly. I play a few rounds after each new patch only to quit playing it until a new patch. Streamers are only playing it becasue they can win money in tournaments. How long will it take you until you realize you have to make quake like quake again???

well it is quake. New, updated, but quake

@vajranoid said:

@tokyopunchout said:

wait, wut? who? You mean Doom? But he is capped at 520 and with his active (which has 50second cooldown by the way among the longest ones) goes to 550 speed.

The fix was so their models worked properly. I had plenty of hits not registering on Doom that should have. Nothing to do with what you are saying, its not "making him easier" to hit. If it works it should make him proper and not cheese.

Anyway.. It is a Quake like Quake.

@tokyopunchout said:

We'll be deploying an update for Quake Champions today that will take approximately 2 hours. It addresses the following issues:

‘Netcode’ / Performance
  • Fixed spikes on warmup that caused champions jittering (this is something we strive to improve atm)
Functionality
  • Adjusted DOOM Slayer & B.J. Blazkowicz’s hitboxes so they should take damage on shots fired between their legs
  • Fixed issue when correct ping was showed only to current player
  • Fixed issue when B.J. Blazkowicz’s guns could misfire while in active ability
  • Fixed issue when Clutch shield not blocking properly
  • Fixed issue when enemy’s markers persisted on the death screen
  • Fixed issue with tutorial videos not playing
  • Fixed issue when the power-up effects would appear in the level away from the power-up spawn location
Art
  •  ‘Terror-Billy’ skin clipping issues improved

Great news. Lets put this bad boy on the runway and test it out and see how it goes. Fingers crossed those performance fixes* are good :) 

Cool with a performance update. Hope it helps. Looking forward to test it.

I assume the broken rune challenges are still broken? Like the 'Most accurate 20x' Scalebearer challenge I reported on the forum September 27th : https://bethesda.net/community...

not for me anymore. Even toxjq wants equal players without ability nonsense and ask yourself why the game is already dead before its even a full version.

Good to know. Looking forward to it.

Hm not so sure about Doom Guys autohit. It kinda sorta spoils some of the fun for me. Is there any skill involved in it? Is to powerful that he can leap forward and take 75 dmg for granted?

So no fix on wep dps tied to your framerate?

The Russian version of this thread says "The update will start at 19:00 (MSK)" that's in 25 minutes from now 11:00 EDT, 16:00 GMT

Twitch | Quake Live Guides
Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service

Bethesda Launcher says 11:00am ET

@tokyopunchout said:

Fix for random miss-hits for players that have a big difference in fps  Further bandwidth optimization – reduced client upload data  Fixed spikes on warmup that caused champions jittering (this is something we strive to improve atm)

:) n1

Hardware: Dell Alienware 15R3

• CPU: i7 6700 2,6GHZ (turbo 3,5GHZ) RAM: 16 GB Ram 2667CAS18 HD: 128GB SSD GPU GTX 1070 8GB DDR5
    Software: MS Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
  • Nvidia Drivers Version 388.
    Connectivity: 1GBps U/D

@astrodronaut said:

So no fix on wep dps tied to your framerate?

I think this is the one for it:

"Fix for random miss-hits for players that have a big difference in fps"

Maybe its just a small improvement for now so they worded it like that instead? Or maybe they fixed it indeed? Idk. But, its something to do with that I think.

thanks; I will give it a try after work.

@vajranoid said:

not for me anymore. Even toxjq wants equal players without ability nonsense and ask yourself why the game is already dead before its even a full version.

i understand that Toxiq is a good player, but his not only pro players. There were a poll somewhere here  and accoridng to it most fo the players including pro's like the champs idea. 

First the game is not dead as you say and even if it is the champs definetly not the reason for it. In my opinion it takes more skill to master all the champs and play good with them. In QL u needed to master aim, movement and maps and then practice it over and over again until u r moving with an eyes closed and it was getting boring, in QC u need all of that + different movement styles, speed, ability (active, passive) and so on. The champs gives some juice that Quake needed. 

Mesh hitboxes...

A champion doesn't make a player. A player makes a champion.