Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Patch Notes - Early Access Update - 26.10.17

Hey everybody,

We've now finished deploying an update for Quake Champions and resolved the following issues:

• ‘Terror-Billy’ skin added for B.J. Blazkowicz. Instructions on how to obtain it can be found here.
  • Fixed an issue which caused every player to drop a frame when a player respawns. This issue especially impacted matches with high player counts, resulting in frame loss and poor performance.
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to slow down in-game process via the command line
  • Fixed Vanity items from briefly disappearing when the user switches between Set, Headgear, Torso, Legs, and Vanity sections in the Customization menu
  • Addressed issue where Nyx was able to fire slightly before coming out of Ghost Walk
  • ‘The Keeper’s Head’ vanity item clipping issues improved

And the LG issue?

Any ETA on the server downtime during the update?

Playin' gamz. Teachin' nubz.

Terror-Billy DA FAK? Maybe Jarosław Kaczyński skin?

@thenoobzmaster said:

Any ETA on the server downtime during the update?

Updated above.

Please pass up the food chain that (and excuse me for speaking generally) smaller more frequent updates are much much much much much more preferred over large & longer duration patches. Thank you for the fixes. 

Ancient and wise.

YAY another useless patch that doesn't address a single issue with the game.  Just stop with this small interim patches.  Take all the servers offline and let everyone come back in the new year hopefully to a game that works.

A champion doesn't make a player. A player makes a champion.

Lets hope this improves the performance - the game already had a much better performance in earlier patches.

@emexrulsier said:

YAY another useless patch that doesn't address a single issue with the game.  Just stop with this small interim patches.  Take all the servers offline and let everyone come back in the new year hopefully to a game that works.

What nonesense.

Thanks for the Update. Smaller patches sooner are greatly welcome so long as it doesn't break something else greatly :]

The frame drop with spawn issue and poor performance is probably the main thing that affected this last minor update because before it, and after the last big patch it was playing really nice again.

@emexrulsier said:

get lost pls, nobody intrested in reading this nonsence

@twex said:

Please pass up the food chain that (and excuse me for speaking generally) smaller more frequent updates are much much much much much more preferred over large & longer duration patches. Thank you for the fixes. 

If he passes that up the food chain, they'll eat him..

G R E A T !!!!

I hope we'll have another 12 gb patch for this :D

@thvnda said:

Lets hope this improves the performance - the game already had a much better performance in earlier patches.

Well from what I see this touches directly to the issue I pointed out recently in this post: https://bethesda.net/community...

And if the fix works, I can lower my graphics settings back to Low preset.

I guess that Sorlag will still have her head stuck into the wall when she dies :D love that bug.

@emexrulsier said:

Serious? Did you read the patch notes? read it again. take a closer look at the second and third one.

@topic: Thanks for the patch. Looking forward to test it.

New BJ looks nice, I bought Wolfenstein 2, but sadly I dont like to play him in QC.

Every update which helps increase/stabilize the performance is a good thing so plz stop flaming.

Its a 100 times better than to spare it for weeks for the next big Patch.

@montisquirrel said:

@emexrulsier said:
 Serious? Did you read the patch notes? read it again. take a closer look at the second and third one.

@topic: Thanks for the patch. Looking forward to test it.

New BJ looks nice, I bought Wolfenstein 2, but sadly I dont like to play him in QC.

Yes I saw those minor issues which on the grand scale of things will fix nothing noticeable.  I like many many MANY others are just sick of it now.  We like the game we just don't like the code running the game.  Bringing out a patch with new vanity items and fixes to other items when you have such a broken game is not what the community wants.  It would have been much better to see a major patch every 6 weeks for example and this dribble could have been rolled into that.

Can't wait to see what will this break now and what new entertaining issues will be added with this patch :D

I'm waiting for 'All players on the map explode to no apparent reason' bug fingers crossed xDDDD

I hope the respawn issue patch will resolve the common stuttering ingame

// i7 7700k OC 4.9ghz // GTX 1080ti STRIX // 16GB 3200mhz Vengeance // ASUS ROG 27'' IPS 165hz // Zowie FK2 // console: >exec hax.cfg //

@szr3k said:

Can't wait to see what will this break now and what new entertaining issues will be added with this patch :D

lol yeah that's how it normally is, the change one item and break ten more.  Whats weird is that when players load up the game they all notice any bugs within 5 minutes of players, this all suggests no testing is done what so ever otherwise they would also notice such faults.