Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Patch Notes - Early Access Update - 18.10.17

Hey everybody,

Maintenance is complete. We've finished deploying a minor update for Quake Champions today that will resolve the following issue: 

• Lightning Gun ray will no longer hit automatically when simply swept back and forth across the borders of an enemy hit box rapidly.

Awesome news thank you!

No more Parkinson's LG :)

Player name: Yog Sothoth /////// BRING BACK THE GRENADE LAUNCHER!!! ////// I wanna live lost in the moment
I won’t be caught in the hands of time

rapidly, happily, dapily to the boombapity beat

Parkinson force feedback components - installed ;)

@tokyopunchout said:

Hey everybody,
We'll be deploying a minor update for Quake Champions today that will resolve the following issue: 
  • Lightning Gun ray will no longer hit automatically when simply swept back and forth across the borders of an enemy hit box rapidly.

hey tokyopunchout, do you know, if dev team is aware of Slow Mode Hack?

Good Job,

I couldn't stand hearing everyone complaining about this being the reason why some people were good, Hopefully this patch will go along way to getting the community back to playing and please put bots in so we can get new players to want to play. Alot of them cant quit because they dont want to get smashed learning the maps and timings etc. I know from my 24+ yrs on PC games that players esp. todays generation DO NOT want to go through these growing pains (learning)  be so tough. Bots will make it so much easier, yes the player will still have to adjust even after bots but bot will help people stay.. please add them. Thank you for all the hard work you guys are putting in and I have been trying to spread the fun and get more people to enjoy the best Multiplayer fps out. Lets all as a community help these guys if you truly love quake as I do then do whatever you can to spread the news about the great things about the game. 

B.T.W I been a quake player since the 1996 when q1 came out and I played it on T.E.N (if anybody remembers that network. Those were great days fore me, I was a avid Duke Nukem 3d player and loved that game and then heree comes Quake and it took me to the next level esp. with open gl_quake blew me away ... from then on I never strayed for too long. Quake is in my blood .. It may bew called Quake Champions now but it still is quake underneath and that is good, I love the changes as you cannot stay the same .. everything changes and change is good... 

Well I ranted away for too long., 

Thank you, 

You guys are appreciated and keep up the great work,

Sincerely,

Quake Player and I will help anyway I can =)

Dan

Well done 👍.Next doomguy fix :D

PLS remove doomguy from the game!!!

@tokyopunchout said:

Hey everybody,
We'll be deploying a minor update for Quake Champions today that will resolve the following issue: 

Why is this galena face and not hunter, preview please :P

This LG problem was abusively used with mouse macro (mouse X/Y position to quickly do left/right) good that it's fixed.

Excellent reverse engineer with IDA, love to code in visual studio c++, Like to hack game and help devs to secure their own game :D.
All people Cheating on Quake are reported and banned with ease, no one can trick me i'm their worst nightmare.

Well they aknowledged it !!! that's a friggin good sign XD

12gb too download ?

this time is not uffffff

I HOPE IT'S NOT AGAIN 12 GB UPDATE if it's client side patch. (Bethesda Launcher is a real slipgate).

Edit: Oh god it's not 12 GB, what a MIRACLE.

Excellent reverse engineer with IDA, love to code in visual studio c++, Like to hack game and help devs to secure their own game :D.
All people Cheating on Quake are reported and banned with ease, no one can trick me i'm their worst nightmare.

@c4_nrage said:

12gb too download ?

Yep! Bethesda launcher. No comments.

EDIT: only 59mb? Wow! That's great!

@karrrambaaa said:

They are well aware and it is easily detectable, multiple players were given temp bans for using it, if it's not also been prevented in this patch then it will be soon i'm sure.

Twitch | Quake Live Guides
Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service

That's good.  I was like it never shoots that good for me and then used a few times.  It was like a quad everytime. The counter could need to function too.

Also is their a server that does bots?  I have been on a few that have no ping rather often.

Thank you @tokyopunchout 

@yakumo said:

@karrrambaaa said:
  •  hey tokyopunchout, do you know, if dev team is aware of Slow Mode Hack?
 They are well aware and it is easily detectable, multiple players were given temp bans for using it, if it's not also been prevented in this patch then it will be soon i'm sure.

good to hear that, yakumo, thanks. 

But maybe those persons, except those who reported and shown that to devs, which were just playing with it all the time should be perma banned for that :P It is not just nvidia inspector picmip abusing, which some peoples are still using for example, it is something that gives too much advantage.

@yakumo said:

@karrrambaaa said:

I don't even understand why the developers don't even COMPILE OUT certain debug stuff, those kind of command lines shouldn't be useable at all, it was sure that people were going to reverse the game, like in all game.

They just need to compile out those stuff it's not needed for the retail client, also if the game has debug function it's again not needed since it's the retail client, this need to be compiled out so we don't have useless function (making the executable bigger) I don't know how they optimize their Solution but unlikely it's not enough.

It's just setting related but commands lines affecting certain render shouldn't be useable, it should be ignored.

Temp ban is deserved for the people that massively abused of it, but at a 1st look it's the mistake of the developers, that shouldn't have been usable since the start.

@ko100fey said:

@c4_nrage said:
12gb too download ?
 Yep! Bethesda launcher. No comments.
EDIT: only 59mb? Wow! That's great!

Yep best improvement so far xD.

@xv1m said:

Well done 👍.Next doomguy fix :D

+1 :)   Doom hitbox is even more bugged than Sorlag, and his active ability makes him poke opponents from far away :/

spec: intel i7 6 cores 4930k @4,4 ghz, 8 gb DDR 3, gtx 1080 @2100mhz, ssd 250 mb, windows 7 64 bit