Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Patch Notes - Early Access Update - 16.10.17

Early Access Update - 16.10.17

Hey everybody,

We've now finished deploying a minor update for Quake Champions and resolved the following issue

• Fixed crash some players were experiencing on loading/unloading from game
  • Fixed crash some players were experiencing in customization screen when buying item with both platinum and shards at the same time
  • Fixed crash some players were experiencing on purchasing vanity items in customization
  • Fixed issue where players were being kicked from match while loading into Burial Chamber with the exception of the Spectator
  • Fixed in-game Contacts list so it properly shows player’s online/offline status and no longer causes performance issues with larger Contacts lists
  • Fixed issue when Spectating a player that died did not show the death animation and instead showed the player select screen
  • Fixed issue where Sorlag’s acid spit ability was doing double damage at certain distances
  • Improved double landing sounds for all Champions
  • ‘The Keeper’s Head’ vanity item added for Ranger. Instructions on how to obtain it can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/game....

Gorzej nie mogliście [censored] tej gry Kutasiarze...😤😤

This is a joke right ?

What about fixing performance that arrived since last patch ? --'

Twitch Stream : https://twitch.tv/nykho_tv
A french Quake Discord for the competitive community is actually being created.
If you're french, drop me an MP to get the link :D

@nykh0 said:

What about fixing performance that arrived since last patch ?

This is a joke right? There're fixes for buying items! That's top priority, not mere performance.

P.S. Anyway releasing patches more often than 1 per 1.5 months infuses me with hope.

@nykh0 said:

This is a joke right ?

"Fixed in-game Contacts list so it properly shows player’s online/offline status and no longer causes performance issues with larger Contacts lists"

You miss the memo? That the contact lists was causing problems?

The joke is people not knowing what is even going on and still complaining.

Anyhoot, lets hope this patch actually fixes something. The notes are just fine and what they claim they fix is what we needed fixed.

@tokyopunchout said:

Could you specify time please

@nykh0 said:

This is a joke right ?

Test the patch first, then talk.

Playin' gamz. Teachin' nubz.

@nykh0 said:

This is a joke right ?

• "Fixed in-game Contacts list so it properly shows player’s online/offline status and no longer causes performance issues with larger Contacts lists"

I think this was one of the main issues that caused performance issues. They're fixing this.

Am I the only one who doesnt understand this id/sabre/beth joke of an update? What kind of humor is this?

@Nalipotanka they fixed what take less time. Performance issues take match more time, I guess. Just wait another N-weeks.

In game: "the gg1"

@pwm said:

@Nalipotanka they fixed what take less time. Performance issues take match more time, I guess. Just wait another N-weeks.

The info we got was that the contact list is what was creating those performance issues. So they fixed what we all complained about.

Or, at least this is what they claim they fixed. We will have to test it out. Lets hope it does fix the issue.

But, whether they managed it or not, the performance was actually the whole issue of this hot-fix-turned-to-patch and again at least from their claims it is what they fixed. This was always what they were looking into. They didn't just decide to fix "what takes less time" and leave the rest for later.

Fingers crossed it works.

@nalipotanka said:

Am I the only one who doesnt understand this id/sabre/beth joke of an update? What kind of humor is this?

Its part of the trolling department, for Halloween they are setting out to create a little chaos for gamers and they thought they create an incentive for us to trick or treat instead of play Quake /sarcasm

@ha2aron said:

@nalipotanka said:
 Its part of the trolling department, for Halloween they are setting out to create a little chaos for gamers and they thought they create an incentive for us to trick or treat instead of play Quake /sarcasm

I'm gonna shove a slipgate up their....treat basket.

Playin' gamz. Teachin' nubz.

@tokyopunchout said:

Hey everybody,
We'll be deploying a minor update for Quake Champions today that will resolve the following issues: 
  • Fixed crash some players were experiencing in customization screen when buying item with both platinum and shards at the same time
  • Fixed crash some players were experiencing on purchasing vanity items in customization
  • Fixed issue where players were being kicked from match while loading into Burial Chamber with the exception of the Spectator
  • Fixed in-game Contacts list so it properly shows player’s online/offline status and no longer causes performance issues with larger Contacts lists
  • Fixed issue when Spectating a player that died did not show the death animation and instead showed the player select screen
  • Fixed issue where Sorlag’s acid spit ability was doing double damage at certain distances
  • ‘The Keeper’s Head’ vanity item added for Ranger. Instructions on how to obtain it can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/game....

Good to know. Great actually.

Lets hope this fixes all the current major issues on our end.

I have to say I am among those that the patch was working wonders for in the first days. It went downhill after that during the "server end" hotfixes. Since then it has been rather performance lacking, but every now and then I get great performance again. Hoping this stabilizes the issues because when the game works now, it works really well.

Keep up the good work and fingers crossed.

@thenoobzmaster said:

@ha2aron said:
@nalipotanka said:
 I'm gonna shove a slipgate up their....treat basket.

"Hate it when those little ones stick between the...."

What about an update on

1. Broken hitboxes.

2. Broken LG.

3. Players stuttering all over the place.

4. Pings not showing correctly.

5. Rockets not doing correct damage.

6. Q1 nailgun causes fps issues

7. QC simultaneously crashing when you are in a party and everyone going to desktop during the game.

8. Broken gauntlet

9. when on starting stack dieing from 1 SG blast or Rocket when Ranger.

I could write more but got bored after 9.

@tokyopunchout said:

Hey everybody,
We'll be deploying a minor update for Quake Champions today that will resolve the following issues: 

Thanks mate ;)

Ryzen 1600X - 16GB DDR4 - RX580 8GB

@ha2aron said:

The info we got was that the contact list is what was creating those performance issues. So they fixed what we all complained about.

You actually perfect example of guy who know nothing about subject (in this case it's game engine and programming) and believe in this [censored].

I say another way to your understand. If contact list SOMEHOW affect game perfomance this is a stupidest engine ever on this planet.

@anotherworld268 said:

@ha2aron said:
You actually perfect example of guy who know nothing about subject (in this case it's game engine and programming) and believe in this [censored].
I say another way to your understand. If contact list SOMEHOW affect game perfomance this is a stupidest engine ever on this planet.

Social widget/API has nothing to do with performance, if it's indeed looping and is being called recursively then it does indeed affect it, but i really doubt... Social is OOG (outside of game) this has nothing to do with in-game performance such as Streaming textures/assets.

I bet that even with that patch we will still see player warping all over da place XD.

For me this look like either the textures/assets aren't "free" when exiting the match, hence huge performance issue and it doesn't seem to be preloaded, as all assets/textures are decompressed at runtime.

Excellent reverse engineer with IDA, love to code in visual studio c++, Like to hack game and help devs to secure their own game :D.
All people Cheating on Quake are reported and banned with ease, no one can trick me i'm their worst nightmare.

@keld0rn said:

@nykh0 said:
This is a joke right ?

• "Fixed in-game Contacts list so it properly shows player’s online/offline status and no longer causes performance issues with larger Contacts lists"
I think this was one of the main issues that caused performance issues. They're fixing this.

I have only three contacts in the list, and get atrocious stutters anyway during a game.

So either the server gets tasked by this bug, while apparently many players on the server have huge contact lists, or this isn't the root of the problem at all.