Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Beta was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Minor Server Hotfix - UPDATE 12.10.17

Salutations everyone! 

We have identified an issue on the backend that requires a small hotfix today, Thursday, October 5, to make sure Quake Champions continues running smoothly. This hotfix will not require any server downtime, although you may briefly experience some server unavailability for a few minutes. 

As a side effect of this hotfix, all players in your friends list will appear as "Online." If you attempt to invite a friend to a party that is offline, you will receive a message letting you know that player is offline. We plan to correct this issue with a client-side hotfix as soon as possible, which will require a short maintenance period. 

UPDATE October 12, 2017: Hi folks, thanks again for all your patience on this. We have been testing the upcoming client-side patch (no longer calling it a hotfix) throughout the week, and in order to make sure it is stable and resolves the crashing issue some players have been experiencing, as well as improving some performance issues tied to friends/followers, we will be moving the expected release date of this update to next week.    

"continues running smoothly"... correction: to try to make it run as before... not smoothly, but ok

"continues running smoothly".. I sincerely but ironically laughed

"continues running smoothly" 😂 Well, I hope so. Good luck with everything❗

Well its everything but smooth. [censored] this game needs optimization or better servers. It runs like crap with massive stuttering and people warping all over the place.

Yeah real smooth. LOL game is not even playable anymore...

I played 1 full match and quit 2 others due to performance being the worse yet. Am I sour, yes. I know games can be in development for years to get it right so I try not to get upset but maybe it was too soon to have a open beta, let alone early access. 

A few things so far. Doom can use rail gun in berzerk which basically makes him an aimbot for a few seconds. I have also crashed, and was stuck in the ready screen for ten minutes or longer with no way to get out of it but to restart the game. A rocket here and there is causing damage from far away. Stuttering is worse than ever and fps is lower. I noticed all video settings were reset but changing them back and restarting did not help. I know this stuff is happening to a large amount of people so good luck getting this issues fixed. I will continue to play other games and keep tabs on Quake champions progress.

---------------------GIVE US VULKAN API and CROSSHAIRS OR RIOT----------------------

Give me back my stable 60 FPS ! Playing with 30-14 fps is not even funny 😢

I just played the latest update and I'd say that this is the "jerkiest" patch yet. I was getting some lag on Tempest Shrine - how can you not fix that? But this game jerks on every map now, plus the movement is off. And why the hell would nerf Sorlag - She's like the SLOWEST next to clutch and is easily owned by the likes of Nyx, Anarki because of their speed to switch weapons?? STUPID.

And why on earth would you disable LORE FOUND so that everyone can't hear it except for the person who picket it up? You added this [censored] lore farming to the game - so what do you expect that everyone does at the beginning of the game? We all look to be the first to find the lore. Now, we're running around wasting time looking for lore when we should be fighting each other. As soon as I heard lore found, I immediately stopped my quest and engaged other players if I wasn't already engaged. 

I don't know how you devs can continually miss the mark. 

Is it really happening, 0r is it a nightmare eXperience?... 😨"running smoothly"😒when? 😒where?

youtube.com/channel/UC2EPAF5mus5HaITfoTGcaXQ
✪ I'm 0nly a beTA player ✪ since Q2 ✪ d0n't w0rry ➜ n0ping n0party ✪ EU.Italy ✪
♻ XE0N-X5675[4.25GHZ] ♻ GTX980[4Gb] ♻ 24Gb ♻ G403/G105 ♻ 3xSSD/3xHDD ♻ VG248QE ♻ Win10 x64 E ♻ BLauncher ♻

I have played hundreds of games and I have no issues with the game or lag or stuttering or rubber banding, it runs excellent, no idea why so many folks are complaining.

@forensicsman said:

I have played hundreds of games and I have no issues with the game or lag or stuttering or rubber banding, it runs excellent, no idea why so many folks are complaining.

Because just because it works fine for you doesn't mean that it works well for others? I have an i7 7700k, GTX 1080 and 16gb of RAM. I run Overwatch at a steady 300fps and Battlefield 1 at 144+ fps with all settings maxed out. Quake Champions always ran iffy, but since the patch I average only 150-160 fps ( a 25% drop compared to what it was before) with near constant stuttering. The reason I'm complaining is that I, like many others, can run extremely demanding games at max settings with better performance than I can play Quake Champions on all of the lowest settings. This is indicative of poor optimization. 

@flee4me said:

@forensicsman said:
 Because just because it works fine for you doesn't mean that it works well for others? I have an i7 7700k, GTX 1080 and 16gb of RAM. I run Overwatch at a steady 300fps and Battlefield 1 at 144+ fps with all settings maxed out. Quake Champions always ran iffy, but since the patch I average only 150-160 fps ( a 25% drop compared to what it was before) with near constant stuttering. The reason I'm complaining is that I, like many others, can run extremely demanding games at max settings with better performance than I can play Quake Champions on all of the lowest settings. This is indicative of poor optimization. 

Overwatch have trash graphics ofc 300 fps)0)00)

Why after every patch there are big issues!? I got massive frame drops and stuttering at the begining of a match then it just happens randomly trough the game..

I dont understand how this can be possible? And some players are teleporting back and forth...

This makes me so sad :(

@flee4me said:

extremely demanding games

Clearly you don't really know what extremely demanding is. The speed alone in Quake blows the other titles out of the water. Put QC on the same speed as those other titles and watch it run smoother.

@darkmanits said:

hy the hell would nerf Sorlag

@darkmanits said:

why on earth would you disable LORE FOUND

Because Sorlag is op? Has a press button to kill active when in close range or simply make traps? Has the largest stack in the game? And is still quite fast for a tank. Were have you been the last months? Did you not notice almost everyone also switch to Sorlag in the championships because there is no other counter to her that works?

And the lore vo was disabled so leavers have no clue when it is found hence they can't just drop a match and exit. Don't want to waste time farming it, then don't farm it. A lot of us don't and we still stumble across it from time to time. If everyone stopped chasing lores like it is the essence of life then it wouldn't be a problem to start with. Or, if you want to farm it regardless, make your way to the pots as you fight and add a challenge to yourself. Same way you would make your way to any other pickup. No idea why you can fight when running for a mega but all of a sudden cannot when looking for lore.

If anything, not knowing if it is picked up (which it usually is in the first 10 seconds) should discourage people from wasting their time (myself included sometimes here and there) looking for it rather than playing the actual game. The idea is to play the game and stumble across the lore during the fights.. Not change the whole basis of the game to go lore hunting.

"So what did you expect that everyone does..." Well, I'd say they expected people to simply play the game and give them something on the side to collect to make the longevity of the game better, same as runes that are presented as challenges. The notion that everyone (and trust me, its not everyone) would drop the fight to look for scrolls was not what one would expect from arena fps players. Maybe from mmo gamers or something, sure.

@ha2aron said:

@flee4me said:
extremely demanding games
 Clearly you don't really know what extremely demanding is. The speed alone in Quake blows the other titles out of the water. Put QC on the same speed as those other titles and watch it run smoother.

What speed? Speed of the game is irrelevant since it's all about the number of frames per second that need rendering. 

smooth wtf? QC runs worse than before

Thanks for the update and hotfix. The game runs smoothly on my PC. Keep up the good work.

Sorry but till this last update i didnot know what is lag or stuttering in QC. But now i KNOW !!