Looks like your connection to Bethesda.net Community Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

Doom Switch needs gyro-aiming

I'm very excited to see Doom 2016 coming to Switch and am planning to pick it up once it lands. I would love to let the relevant people at Bethesda know that any shooter would stand to benefit from implementing the option to use gyro-aiming for the game. As someone who plays Breath of the Wild and Splatoon on the Switch, I have fallen in love with this new way to aim and I think it would be a big loss not to provide the aiming option. The upcoming RE Revelations is also coming to Switch and please note the enthusiasm in the comments for RER implementing gyro-aiming ( https://mynintendonews.com/201... ), a feature which received praise as far back as the 3DS version of RE Revelations some years back ( https://www.gamefaqs.com/board... ).

Bethesda, please implement the option for gyro-aiming. Thank you very much and I'm very much looking forward to the game. Can't wait!

I'd like to add that many of my fellow Switch owners are also hoping for this feature in Doom and it would be a major lost opportunity to not implement gyro-aiming, a feature the likes of Dunkey has praised for modernizing aiming controls: youtube.com/watch?v=ziUMJB3id8I @ 3:00, gyro-aiming baby!

Doom with gyro-aiming looking swell! youtube.com/watch?v=3BEDKHEQ7ZY

Bethesda, you gotta do this for the Switch version. Please!

I have Doom for the XBox ONE and it's amazing.  Recently I picked up a Nintendo Switch though and though the Gyro Feature originally annoyed me... because it's new and I wasn't used to it.

Once you get used to it then it's a brilliant feature and one that would really enhance the Switch Experience with the latest Doom.

@azrael00 said:

I have Doom for the XBox ONE and it's amazing.  Recently I picked up a Nintendo Switch though and though the Gyro Feature originally annoyed me... because it's new and I wasn't used to it.
Once you get used to it then it's a brilliant feature and one that would really enhance the Switch Experience with the latest Doom.

I encounter this viewpoint regularly, lol!

Gyroaiming is like having two sensitivities in one. I absolutely love it and hope Bethesda implements it in the coming Doom for Switch. Would be a huge miss if it isn't implemented.

I’d like to add my voice to this. 

I’m grateful to get Doom on the Switch. Not counting the Nintendo & Doom back together again factor, the Switch as a console is nuts, and I’m extremely grateful these guys are supporting it and pushing its potential. 

I know they’re close to launch, I understand adding this before then is impossible {I’m also dreaming of a 60fps Dynamic Resolution (The Switch is capable of this, it’s been used in FastRMX) Vs HD Slider (used in Fire Emblem Warriors, the user can choose between 60fps740p or 30fps1080p). Even if it’s 740p already, I wouldn’t mind going lower to get 60fps}, but even a future update addressing this control option would be greatly appreciated. 

Gyro-Controls are now a must in shooters, I’ve tried them for racing and left badly burned, which is why I understand some developers’ scepticism to get them in their games. But after warming up to them playing Zelda BOTW, I can’t go back without feeling dumbed-down. I enjoy twin-stick shooters, but gyro makes not having a mouse for precise movements completely forgettable.

I know fan requests are a shot in the dark, as we are completely ignorant to what’s going on behind curtains. But I hope people with knowledge and capablity of action can see this. 

Here in Mexico, we have a saying: “ni que fueran enchiladas”, which would loosely translate to “as if we were just making pancakes”, meaning “it’s not easy”, and please know I’m not saying so. I’m going to get this game, I’m making sure to promote it amongst my circles, I’m going to rip & tear once again, and I’m going to enjoy every bit of content we can get. I’m not trying to annoy you, I’m just adding myself to the voice of others to try and get it to be as close to the dream experience as possible. Please excuse the wall of text, and thanks for reading it (b’u’)b

@quietrezo said:

I’d like to add my voice to this. 
I’m grateful to get Doom on the Switch. Not counting the Nintendo & Doom back together again factor, the Switch as a console is nuts, and I’m extremely grateful these guys are supporting it and pushing its potential. 
I know they’re close to launch, I understand adding this before then is impossible {I’m also dreaming of a 60fps Dynamic Resolution (The Switch is capable of this, it’s been used in FastRMX) Vs HD Slider (used in Fire Emblem Warriors, the user can choose between 60fps740p or 30fps1080p). Even if it’s 740p already, I wouldn’t mind going lower to get 60fps}, but even a future update addressing this control option would be greatly appreciated. 
Gyro-Controls are now a must in shooters, I’ve tried them for racing and left badly burned, which is why I understand some developers’ scepticism to get them in their games. But after warming up to them playing Zelda BOTW, I can’t go back without feeling dumbed-down. I enjoy twin-stick shooters, but gyro makes not having a mouse for precise movements completely forgettable.
I know fan requests are a shot in the dark, as we are completely ignorant to what’s going on behind curtains. But I hope people with knowledge and capablity of action can see this. 
Here in Mexico, we have a saying: “ni que fueran enchiladas”, which would loosely translate to “as if we were just making pancakes”, meaning “it’s not easy”, and please know I’m not saying so. I’m going to get this game, I’m making sure to promote it amongst my circles, I’m going to rip & tear once again, and I’m going to enjoy every bit of content we can get. I’m not trying to annoy you, I’m just adding myself to the voice of others to try and get it to be as close to the dream experience as possible. Please excuse the wall of text, and thanks for reading it (b’u’)b

You're not alone: I want dat sweet gyro-aiming. Please Bethesda, implement it in this game.

It's certainly a cool suggestion, will pass on the feedback for you. 

@furysevensix said:

It's certainly a cool suggestion, will pass on the feedback for you. 

Thank you so much! I'm super stoked for this game even more now!

I would be surprised if they hadn't heard the suggestion before but I definitely agree that this game needs gyro aiming and decent motion controls for ripping hearts out, etc.  For me, the game just isn't worth getting on the Switch without it (especially since I already have it on my PC).  I was very disappointed when I learned this essential Switch feature was not going to be an option.

@goryous said:

I would be surprised if they hadn't heard the suggestion before but I definitely agree that this game needs gyro aiming and decent motion controls for ripping hearts out, etc.  For me, the game just isn't worth getting on the Switch without it (especially since I already have it on my PC).  I was very disappointed when I learned this essential Switch feature was not going to be an option.

Thank you Goryous! Every voice counts and if not available at launch, hopefully it can be patched in shortly after launch!

Thanks for listening to this suggestion. As a mainly PC gamer, sertain games havr always felt cumbersome when played with a controller. Gyro aiming is a fantastic way to eliminate that barrier and ease the player into a faster, more freeing experience. All Bethesda games (and specially Doom) will benefit from having that feature.

@darwinianevolution said:

Thanks for listening to this suggestion. As a mainly PC gamer, sertain games havr always felt cumbersome when played with a controller. Gyro aiming is a fantastic way to eliminate that barrier and ease the player into a faster, more freeing experience. All Bethesda games (and specially Doom) will benefit from having that feature.

Thank you! Every voice counts!

Yeah, I totally agree with this. It's the best way for aiming in consoles. I was skeptical about it before trying it. But, man, what a difference. Splatoon introduced me to gyro-aiming, and since then I feel like every game that doesn't feature gyro-aiming is wasting a opportunity to improve the gameplay of the game in a really relevant way. 

I'm not gonna lie, I've already played and enjoyed the hell out of Doom in the PS4. But I'm 100% sure that I'll double-dip in this game if gyro-aiming is implemented. Being later through a patch or at launch date, I don't really care.

I'd also like to suggest that when Wolfenstein II releases on the Switch (I'm waiting for this version because portability is a big plus for me), it'd be pretty nice if it has gyro-aiming too. 

Also, I'd like to say that it's nice that Bethesda is back into the Nintendo ecosystem. You were surely missed.

I just made this account to comment about this. gyro aming would be amazing, i will get the game regardless but if it is possible to implement in a future patch it would be magical

the game NEEDS this, gyro is having a mouse, FPS without a mouse is incomplete (tbh. control-sticks are pretty bad for FPS'es)

@volterra_90 said:

Yeah, I totally agree with this. It's the best way for aiming in consoles. I was skeptical about it before trying it. But, man, what a difference. Splatoon introduced me to gyro-aiming, and since then I feel like every game that doesn't feature gyro-aiming is wasting a opportunity to improve the gameplay of the game in a really relevant way. 
I'm not gonna lie, I've already played and enjoyed the hell out of Doom in the PS4. But I'm 100% sure that I'll double-dip in this game if gyro-aiming is implemented. Being later through a patch or at launch date, I don't really care.
I'd also like to suggest that when Wolfenstein II releases on the Switch (I'm waiting for this version because portability is a big plus for me), it'd be pretty nice if it has gyro-aiming too. 
Also, I'd like to say that it's nice that Bethesda is back into the Nintendo ecosystem. You were surely missed.

Gyro 4 life. yes! please make it happen

@volterra_90 said:

@bajablo said:

I just made this account to comment about this. gyro aming would be amazing, i will get the game regardless but if it is possible to implement in a future patch it would be magical
the game NEEDS this, gyro is having a mouse, FPS without a mouse is incomplete (tbh. control-sticks are pretty bad for FPS'es)

Thank you both! Bethesda, make it happen!

@volterra_90 said:

There are two reasons to buy an FPS on the Switch, portability and gyro/motion aiming (though PLEASE stay away from shaking for the sake of shaking -- motion should enhance the experience, not ruin it).  I'm just not a fan of FPS on an analogue controller so I don't see myself paying full price for this game if that's the only control option (especially since I already own the game on PC).  I do agree that is great to see Bethesda developing games for Nintendo.

Loving the game would like it even more if gyro-aiming were implemented. Please patch this in soon.

I fully agree! I'm very clumsy and inexperienced with precision-aiming using your thumb on a classic controller, which is the only reason I'm not buying DooM or any other console shooter. If Gyro-aiming was added, I would pick it up immediately.